Australian man, 33, found dead in Chiang Mai hotel

webfact

Australian man, 33, found dead in Chiang Mai hotel

2-886-450x600.jpg

Picture: Chiang Mai News

A 33 year old Australian man has been found dead at a hotel in Chiang Mai.

The body of the man, who was identified as Daniel Thomas Janse (name transliterated) was found at 4pm on April 17th at a hotel in the Chang Phueak area, Chiang Mai News reported.

Police said there was no sign of a struggle in the room and suspected the man may have died of a drug overdose.

The man's body was sent to Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital for an autopsy.

Source: Chiang Mai News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-19

10 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

or natural causes, or  anaphylactic shock, aneurysm. Lets await the tox report and autopsy   

My thinking is a Thai autopsy consists of counting how many fingers,toes and teeth the body has and probably weighing it.

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Looks like plod made their mind up on the cause of death before they left the canteen as usual wonder how sure they are as to who administered the fatal dose????RIP 

Looks like you jumped to conclusions.

An english translation and they “suspected” an overdose. You have imagined the rest.

17 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

My thinking is a Thai autopsy consists of counting how many fingers,toes and teeth the body has and probably weighing it.

Rubbish.

Laos and Cambodia use Thailand for their autopsies as they can’t do them.

Thais know how to do them. Do you? 

7 hours ago, RobMuir said:

There are thousands of Internt Certified Forensic Pathologists here. Some of them are so good they can give you a cause of death and the perp without even having to go to the crime scene or see the body!

13 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Rubbish.

Laos and Cambodia use Thailand for their autopsies as they can’t do them.

So your saying all the bodies from laos and Cambodia are sent to Thailand.anyway I was quoting on the quality not the quantity.

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

So your saying all the bodies from laos and Cambodia are sent to Thailand.anyway I was quoting on the quality not the quantity.

No. But if you want an autopsy on someone who dies there they have to be flown over using dry ice (not many airlines will do it) and it is performed in Bangkok. 

What problems have you had with the quality of autopsies in Thailand? I found them to be very professional, thorough and respectful.

Are you talking from experience or just imagining?

Archived