Canada and proof if revenue for non o marriage

Hi, does anyone know if Canada is one of the cosulars that no longer gives attestations of revenue?

One more question... I meet the 40 000 bht salary from abroad requirement, anyone know if the embassy letter suffices? Problem is that I don't deposit it here all the time. I withdraw as I need, or I use my credit card.

Thanks in advance

The Canadian embassy is still doing statutory declarations to prove you income. They require you show proof of your income to do one.

You can use the stat dec to meet the 40k baht income requirement for an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration.

You can get single entry non-o visas without any financial proof at many embassies and consulate. You can also get a multiple entry non-o visa at some without financial proof.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

income requirement for an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration.

Do I need to show the money being deposited in the bank in thailand, or will the attestation suffice?

Thanks ahead Jo

11 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

at some point may ask - is the experience you had or it's what someone told you?

Reported on TV and personally witnessed.

Two expats with Embassy Income letters were asked for supporting Thai bank statements and because they didn't show the required 65K monthly transfers, their extensions were refused.

On Monday of this week whilst making a 90 day report, another expat applying for a marriage extension using the 400K in the bank (fixed term) method was asked to also provide bank statements for the last 3 months from his Savings account as proof of cost of living expenses.

That's twice I've witnessed this request this month.

These checks are requested in a memo from Khon Kaen regional office I was told.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Reported on TV and personally witnessed.

Two expats with Embassy Income letters were asked for supporting Thai bank statements and because they didn't show the required 65K monthly transfers, their extensions were refused.

On Monday of this week whilst making a 90 day report, another expat applying for a marriage extension using the 400K in the bank (fixed term) method was asked to also provide bank statements for the last 3 months from his Savings account as proof of cost of living expenses.

That's twice I've witnessed this request this month.

These checks are requested in a memo from Khon Kaen regional office I was told.

So are you saying  (for a extension based on marriage) that the Canadian embassy income letters are not applicable anymore, that money must be shown to come into Thailand every month? What would be the point of getting the letter in the first place then? According to UJ he stated:

"The Canadian embassy is still doing statutory declarations to prove you income. They require you show proof of your income to do one.

You can use the stat dec to meet the 40k baht income requirement for an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration."

That is contrary to what you stated or were you just talking about retirement and those embassies that only would issues letters for 6 months of this year?

IMO if immigration was asking for bank statements during a 90 day report there must be some suspicion that the applicant used an agent to meet the financial  requirements. 

55 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

IMO if immigration was asking for bank statements during a 90 day report there must be some suspicion that the applicant used an agent to meet the financial  requirements. 

You have it backwards.  Those using agents aren't asked for anything.  Only those avoiding paying immigration "tribute" via agents, by doing things honestly, are targeted.  Agents handle 90-day reporting (for a fee), as well as the initial application.

Edited by JackThompson

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

You have it backwards.  Those using agents aren't asked for anything.  Only those avoiding paying immigration "tribute" via agents, by doing things honestly, are targeted.

The chicken or the egg. IMO Eventually 'everyone' will need to provide proof unless the agent racket is eradicated.

4 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Let me clarify, I was making the 90 day report, another expat making a marriage extension application using the 400K funds method was asked to also provide 3 months bank statements showing sufficient funds to support his stay during the seasoning period.

My next 90 day report date is actually stamped when my current marriage extension expires in the next few weeks, way before 90 days, then it will be reset when my next extension is granted, which is the norm at my IO.

As I also use the 400K funds method in a fixed term account for my marriage extension, I was also pre warned to also supply a 3 months bank statements from my Savings account when I apply.

It's only requested if using a fixed term account separately from your normal day to day living expenses in a Savings account. I may add, they are not looking for 40K per month transfers during the seasoning period, just sufficient funds to cover living expenses during that period.

If that request were applied to retirement extensions using funds in a fixed term account, with longer seasoning periods, it would be pointless using the funds method.

The IO agreed the situation is crazy at the moment and although there is nothing in any order reflecting this additional requirement, it came in the form of a Memo from division 4 regional HQ.

4 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

So are you saying  (for a extension based on marriage) that the Canadian embassy income letters are not applicable anymore, that money must be shown to come into Thailand every month? What would be the point of getting the letter in the first place then?

Whilst the Embassy letter may state your foreign income, it by no means confirms you are actually transferring the required monthly income levels set by Immigration.

If you are not making those transfers, then how do you manage to legitimately live in Thailand, unless working illegally. There are those who state they don't need 40 or 65K per month, whilst others state they can't live on that, but regardless of personal lifestyle choices, it's Immigration who set the minimum financial requirements.

Even using an Embassy Income letter, Immigration are quite within their rights to ask for proof of transfers to support your stay in Thailand.

Edited by Tanoshi

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Whilst the Embassy letter may state your foreign income, it by no means confirms you are actually transferring the required monthly income levels set by Immigration.

If you are not making those transfers, then how do you manage to legitimately live in Thailand, unless working illegally. There are those who state they don't need 40 or 65K per month, whilst others state they can't live on that, but regardless of personal lifestyle choices, it's Immigration who set the minimum financial requirements.

Again, why get the letter?  Just have bank statements showing foreign transfer. I use the in the bank method (for 10 extensions now) but thinking about this embassy letter business for maybe down the road. But what's the point if you have to transfer it in regular, just a pointless trip to the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok to get useless paper. Isn't that what the other embassies were doing before they backed off, telling immigration that the expat had enough money in his account back home, negating the need to do regular transfers? 

On 4/24/2019 at 6:07 PM, Tanoshi said:

I was making the 90 day report, another expat making a marriage extension application using the 400K funds method was asked to also provide 3 months bank statements showing sufficient funds to support his stay during the seasoning period.

This never happened to me when I used the 400 000 bht way.

Here's a problem I am facing and wondering how to fix. 

I withdraw my money on my credit card because of better bank fees compared to my ATM card and I use it as I go. Normally I only withdraw about 25 000 -- 30 000 because the wife works and this is enough for us to live on.

Can credit card withdrawals be used as proof?

Shoot me for being lazy and tight, but I rather avoid the trip to the bank and I really do not want to pay the occasional bank fees on money I have already paid bank fees on.

Any ideas about my credit card question?

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

If using the money in the bank option that could be used for proof you have money to live on if asked for it. Most offices do not require it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

Keep the receipts as proof of funds for living expenses, just in case as you'll be using an Embassy Income letter. As UJ stated most offices don't request additional supporting financials.

You will only get a definitive answer of what's required from your own IO.