Does Lazada refuse to deliver without answering phone first?

MJKT2014

13 minutes ago, farq said:

And what do you think will be the local 7/11 reaction when the OP lobs on their doorstep with the bloody washing machine he no longer wants/needs!? Please stop posting MISLEADING information.

Now i can tell you that i am posting 100% correct information, having just contacted Lazada, and chatted with Nhung, and was told that returns are free, so please stop telling me i am wrong.

If the item is over 25 kgs, different arrangements are in place, of course anybody with a functioning brain would never dump a washing machine at a 7/11, but would check with Lazada first about how to return it.

• Like 1

I have made numerous purchases from Lazada and eBay with most being delivered by Kerry Express. I live in a rural area about 8 miles NE of Surin and it takes me at least 15-minutes to drive. The Kerry driver always calls before he makes a delivery to ensure someone will be home, to prevent him from wasting a trip. Their calling ahead isn't an inconvenience to me. Their "online tracking" is not as sophisticated as UPS but I have no complaints. 

6 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Just call Lazada and tell them you no longer want the item. They will have it returned to the warehouse and process your refund.

Unless you know the previous Lazada CS phone number, now almost impossible to call Lazada.  They now use online chat to resolve CS issues.  Last week , I had to wait 45 minutes in queue for an online chat operator. 

They almost always call me and usually do not deliver unless you pick-up the call.  They will leave an item with my building reception if I direct them to but I have heard that for some expensive items, you must fill out a permission form to have an item left with a 3rd party.

BTW, it appears that at least in Bangkok (Don't know about other areas) 7-11 dropoff of returns is no longer an option.  I was directed to a nearby Kerry office.  Note that not all Kerry offices accept Lazada return items. It seems that Kerry offices in shops like convenience stores and in my neighborhood's case, a bakery can not take returns.  Only Kerry run service centers will take Lazada returns.   Lazada will arrangr for free pick-up of some items on certain return conditions.  They sent a guy on a motorbike for my 32" TV return.....and he took it, 2 bungee cords holding it on.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

They probably don't want to leave a large/expensive item unattended without your say-so. Give Lazada a call. They should sort you out.

All the items I've ordered from Lazada had to be signed for, usually after the courier phoned then delivered. Until you sign for receipt of the item it is the courier's responsibility.

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Suffice to say that there appears to be varying "conditions" based on reports here and diferrent peoples experiences. ????

Lets not get into a bun fight over it. ????

Charlie's right.

I had to return an office chair that broke the first day. Lazada wanted to set up a pick-up for it which would have been free but as this was just before Songkran and I was planning to be away several days I asked if I could take care of it myself and not have to worry about it anymore.

Yes, I could. As the box was obviously too big for 7/11, return to the Lazada center at Center One mall near my home. I went there to check first. Sure, if the total of the dimensions of the box was < 150cm they would take it. I came in at 153 but they were kind enough.

So, if it had been too big I would have been on my own and had to pay a shipper myself.

So, yep, multiple ways to return.

Btw, it was good learn of the Lazada center which I never knew of before.

Edited by Bang Bang
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Rubbish you have to pay the return shipping cost, you print out the return form, drop it off at a 7/11 job done, no payment required.

Please stop posting incorrect information.

Please excuse my error, oh great one, I do seem to recall having to pay for a return, perhaps I was mistaken or perhaps I returned it via Thailand Post which is (or used to be) an option.

So, please stop telling me what to stop posting, who do you think you are?

6 hours ago, dddave said:

Unless you know the previous Lazada CS phone number, now almost impossible to call Lazada.  They now use online chat to resolve CS issues.  Last week , I had to wait 45 minutes in queue for an online chat operator. 

They almost always call me and usually do not deliver unless you pick-up the call.  They will leave an item with my building reception if I direct them to but I have heard that for some expensive items, you must fill out a permission form to have an item left with a 3rd party.

BTW, it appears that at least in Bangkok (Don't know about other areas) 7-11 dropoff of returns is no longer an option.  I was directed to a nearby Kerry office.  Note that not all Kerry offices accept Lazada return items. It seems that Kerry offices in shops like convenience stores and in my neighborhood's case, a bakery can not take returns.  Only Kerry run service centers will take Lazada returns.   Lazada will arrangr for free pick-up of some items on certain return conditions.  They sent a guy on a motorbike for my 32" TV return.....and he took it, 2 bungee cords holding it on.

Lazada, 02 018 0000 to speak to a real person I wonder why colinneil didn't post that number that Lazada don't publicise any longer after he'd spoken to "Nhung" for those here who may need it some time?

Edited by Just Weird

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Now i can tell you that i am posting 100% correct information, having just contacted Lazada, and chatted with Nhung, and was told that returns are free, so please stop telling me i am wrong.

If the item is over 25 kgs, different arrangements are in place, of course anybody with a functioning brain would never dump a washing machine at a 7/11, but would check with Lazada first about how to return it.

Oooooh, that's telling us lot with "no functioning brains"!

19 hours ago, Straight8 said:

Probably won't be that easy on the grounds OP wasn't contactable when they wanted to make the delivery, and now change of mind. Probably a restocking fee, or store credit only, but you never know, they may just refund the total in cash.

Lazada's policy.. you can return any item wth 7 days. The clock starts when delivered. If the item has not been delivered, Lazada will tell you to refuse it when delivery is attempted. 

On 4/24/2019 at 11:50 AM, tweedledee2 said:

I have made numerous purchases from Lazada and eBay with most being delivered by Kerry Express. I live in a rural area about 8 miles NE of Surin and it takes me at least 15-minutes to drive. The Kerry driver always calls before he makes a delivery to ensure someone will be home, to prevent him from wasting a trip. Their calling ahead isn't an inconvenience to me. Their "online tracking" is not as sophisticated as UPS but I have no complaints. 

You say you've ordered stuff in the past outside of Thailand from ebay, correct?  Well the ones with the tracking number on package how does it work once it enter Thailand mailing service hub. Are you able to track or, do you get new tracking number and such? 

Appreciate the exchange of view thanks.

In my case I did an online chat (no other option available AFAIK) with Lazada. Lazada said they could do no more until the item is returned as it was in hands of shipper who I should contact and or refuse the item so it would be returned to Lazada for a refund FREE of charge within 45 days. The shipper is Thai Parcel, they don't answer the phone or emails, so no contact there possible but they still have my undelivered item recorded on their own tracking system. However on the Thai Parcel site it now says the item is in process of being returned to Lazada. When Lazada gets it back a refund is apparently due, free of charge within 45 days.