In a pickle with notification of residence (extension renewal)

I am currently on non imm o visa, with a yearly extension of stay for the purposes of marriage, and this is due for renewal on 8th May.

Currently, I can not submit the renewal application, because I ( my wife) can not provide the required printed proof of residence document.  The process in Surat Thani is computerized and we have to use the internet form.  Basically, although this was registered/notified last year on my first application, she can not remember either the password or email details.  I blame myself really as I should have made a note.

So we thought we would re-register, but the final box asks us to download a file, which has us somewhat perplexed.  I don't know what file they want.

It's sort of been left to us to do something, so I don't think I can expect much help from the counter staff at immigration.  I am in the meantime trying to contact someone by phone at the local office.

But any advice, other than trolling, would be helpful.  Please note, I know me not making a note of the email she used and password was an error- no need to point that one out????

OP, you should be able to go to the immigration office and get any TM30 receipts or resident certificate required. Anything you can do online can always be done at the office.

It sound like you are describing the online TM30 system, which can also be done in the IO.

I think you will find the re-register is asking for you to upload a copy of bluebook etc, not download. Its a red banner on the screen ?

Otherwise, if you have lost your login credentials, use the forgot username/password button or tell IO

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Surat Thani immigration has their own system for the notification. http://suratimmigration.go.th/extranet/

Not sure it is still working or not.

You could have your wife complete a TM30 form instead of doing it online.

Cheers.  They don't accept TM30 here.   Luckily I think we are back on track, as I got some advice from a helpline.  Hopefully, it's solved.

Can I suggest you get a Tabien Baan (yellow Book) - the Amphoe here in Pranburi just required a translation of my passport details into Thai and sight of our marriage cert and my wife's tabien baan (Blue book) - no charge and I use the yellow book as proof of residence. I haven't tried it out at the driving licence centre but will enquire when I tax my car tomorrow if that is acceptable for renewing driving licences instead of paying Immigration for a certificate

• Like 2

5 hours ago, clifric said:

Can I suggest you get a Tabien Baan (yellow Book) - the Amphoe here in Pranburi just required a translation of my passport details into Thai and sight of our marriage cert and my wife's tabien baan (Blue book) - no charge and I use the yellow book as proof of residence. I haven't tried it out at the driving licence centre but will enquire when I tax my car tomorrow if that is acceptable for renewing driving licences instead of paying Immigration for a certificate

Thanks, Surat Thani has its own rather inflexible system.  Even the passport has to be photocopied very neatly, ie, in portrait rather than landscape, and that goes for supporting pictures too. 

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Surat Thani immigration has their own system for the notification. http://suratimmigration.go.th/extranet/

Not sure it is still working or not.

You could have your wife complete a TM30 form instead of doing it online.

If OP previously had a yellow book then would this mean he would not have a problem in his situation? Im up for renewal soon and have a yellow book. Thus hope that I only have to show it and end of story?

6 hours ago, davidst01 said:

If OP previously had a yellow book then would this mean he would not have a problem in his situation? Im up for renewal soon and have a yellow book. Thus hope that I only have to show it and end of story?

It's really about Surat Thani.

In order to apply for an extension, one has to register residence online and supply a print out.  Other regions may vary.