Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Early Renewal Retirement Visa with Income Affadavit - How early?

NOTICE: Beginning January 1, 2019, U.S. Embassy Bangkok and U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide the income affidavit. We will not notarize previous versions of the income affidavit. For more information, please refer to our Fact Sheet (PDF 266 KB) and Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 419 KB). We will continue to notarize income affidavit forms through the end of 2018. Thai Immigration Bureau officials confirmed that they will support early visa renewals for U.S. citizens during the transition period.

That is from the US Embassy.

How early is early?

I would prefer to do it as early as possible.  I do not want them deciding that they don't want to honor the income affidavit anymore.  My stay until date is mid-July.  I would do it on Monday if I could.  

So how early could I do it at Bangkok Immigration?

Edited by 4675636b596f75

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Your income affidavit is valid until June 30th. 

You could apply for your extension at anytime in June.

So we are going by 45 days?  

The notice on the US Embassy website:

NOTICE: Beginning January 1, 2019, U.S. Embassy Bangkok and U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide the income affidavit. We will not notarize previous versions of the income affidavit. For more information, please refer to our Fact Sheet (PDF 266 KB) and Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 419 KB). We will continue to notarize income affidavit forms through the end of 2018. Thai Immigration Bureau officials confirmed that they will support early visa renewals for U.S. citizens during the transition period.

Leads me to believe that it might now be earlier.

15 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

So we are going by 45 days?  

Mid June would be 30 days early. 

The notice on the embassy really means nothing now. Best to check with your local office to find out how early they will do it.