Thailand sees rare but significant drop in tourist arrivals

rooster59

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, AtoZ said:

Some recent reviews from your Ko Mak "high end" destination. Just refresh every month for a new batch. These are taken from the highest reviewed hotels.

"Sand fly infestation also on the beaches so you have to cover yourself in repellent"

"Although at Plub Pla there are not that much sandflies (the whole island is terrorized by them, so just avoid!!), the service is really bad. Especially for the high prices. "

"the jacuzzi wasnt clean and had empty condom wrappers littered around it... needless to say a massive turn off... there was alot of rubbish on the beach itself which really should of been tidied by the hotel"

"asking and even showing detailed translation in Thai about my diet (lactose intolerant) they managed to put milk in literally every dish we ordered (and didnt go crazy, just asked for scrambled eggs without milk..) I have been really sick and puked for hours. When we told them they just smiled and said "oopsie, sorry! But now its ok right?". Of course it was not. When we kindly reminded them with check out and paying the bill, the so called manager got angry at us and yelled in Thai"

"we were put in contact with the manager (who made it very clear was in bangkok and didnt really give a dam) extremely snappy and all but told us if we werent happy to complain to the police!!!! Hello like??"

This is precisely why neighboring countries can blow he doors of the thais when it comes to managing properties.  Thais have become lazy and complacent and particularly the management who are now simply making decisions based on profit with no eye for future retention of visitors.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:20 PM, Thunder26 said:

A Chinese tourist was trying earings on and then the vendor went bersec shouting "You try you pay!". Then outside a food stall was selling crocodile steak amd many torists were stopping by to take photos. A group of Chinese were pointing and saying in Chinese "oh croxodile". Then the vendor started sarcastically shouting towards them in Chinese " Yeah crocodile, crocodile, crocodile..." I found it to be very rude towards tourists. Not nice at all.

I know what you mean but they all share much of the same culture and tendencies. 

They deserve one another. 

10 hours ago, tlandtday said:

This is precisely why neighboring countries can blow he doors of the thais when it comes to managing properties.  Thais have become lazy and complacent and particularly the management who are now simply making decisions based on profit with no eye for future retention of visitors.

Somebody copying and pasting the worst bits of a handful of reviews they can find is why Thais have become lazy and incompetent, making decisions based on profit yada yada blah blah.  Okey dokey.

So if I go and copy the five best reviews I can find that will show that Thailand is amazing, they make decisions based on customer service and on future retention of customers, they have amazing resorts and staff and neighbouring countries have no chance.

Same logic.

10 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Somebody copying and pasting the worst bits of a handful of reviews they can find is why Thais have become lazy and incompetent, making decisions based on profit yada yada blah blah.  Okey dokey.

So if I go and copy the five best reviews I can find that will show that Thailand is amazing, they make decisions based on customer service and on future retention of customers, they have amazing resorts and staff and neighbouring countries have no chance.

Same logic.

You should always read only 1, 2, and 3* reviews

Lack of these or complains about stuff as "not enough tv channels" means the place is great.

Too many first time travelers, or people from cold countries on their 2 week trip who would write 5* review on piece of turd.

Archived