How to surrender yourself on visa overstay?

18 minutes ago, mngmn said:

I once used my overseas driving licence as ID on a domestic flight. It was accepted by check in staff.

You know that is because they just do not know better, they let you off with an overseas driving license as ID!

2 hours ago, mngmn said:

I once used my overseas driving licence as ID on a domestic flight. It was accepted by check in staff.

Yes I have seen that done by my friends. I personally don't have one as been here way too long now. If he had one he could try it.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:
Yes I have seen that done by my friends. I personally don't have one as been here way too long now. If he had one he could try it.

or thai driving licence

If he has a 5 year one. But very unlikely.

41 minutes ago, humdrumdays said:

begs the question why a 2 year overstay?

Could be many reasons. Maybe hiding from someone, wanted abroad etc. 

Or just being lazy. 

Hmmm but what do You think about travel by bus? I travel a lot by bus in Thailand and they rarely check passports and almost never check your visa. Just they are curious this is your ticket or not. Drivers and staff don't know how look immigration stamp. It's not their business to hunt for overstayers (Im not sure to say the same about airports or train staff).  As well, some friend can buy ticket for Your name. 

Some cons - I don't know about way from Chiang Mai do Bangkok, but sometimes police stopp buss and check pssports and docmments (especially near Myanmar boarder and South Thailand). 

Edited by DannyP

I have been driving a few times my own car from CM to Bangkok, never been stopped at check points, Never showed my ID to anyone.
But things might have changed this last year,  

On 4/28/2019 at 7:09 PM, madmen said:

They will look at your passport for the train at the ticket counter as well

They only look at the number.  A copy is just fine and if asked you rented a motorbike and they have it.  And Id hide my passport very well just in case. 

An acquaintance of mine is in the same boat.  Multi-year overstay as he ran out of money.  He's saved up now and about ready to go.  Just showing up for your flight should actually work, huh?  

Reading the thread about the kids son from the UK who got caught in Hua Hin and he's been in custody for a month already and was recommended not to purchase a ticket but let immigration handle that, but thats a different story since he didn't turn himself in. 

22 hours ago, SyaR1 said:

so update: flew from cm to bkk. Then went 3 hours before flight, turned myself in. Got some nice immigration ladies, no hostility very professional they were even laughing/joking around. Paid 20k baht, got 3 year blacklist stamp and they sent me on my way. The whole process was smooth and roughly 20 minutes. Thanks again for the advice here.

Were you nervous? 

????

Edited by Tagged

On 4/30/2019 at 9:18 AM, Tagged said:

You know that is because they just do not know better, they let you off with an overseas driving license as ID!

I did same thing, no questions asked, just did as it was easier than getting passport for them