Retirement Extension experience at Jomtien today

12 hours ago, Tomahawk21 said:

i was in there last week, went to the counter ask for a TM 30 the lady gave me one. i filled it out waited in line for my number some guy said to me why did you fill the form out he said  not necessary. i said really, the lady just gave me the form watch me fill it out. TIT CRAZY

Because you have been given incorrect information. If TM30s were not required in Jomtiem, that separate TM30 office would not be packed to the gills daily with people often queuing up outside the door to get a seat. 

It is true Jomtiem does not require one for people on long term Extensions who are returning to their own long term residence. They are necessary, for example, for tourists, trying to extend a TV or Visa Exempt stay. 

• Sad 1

Because you have been given incorrect information. If TM30s were not required in Jomtiem, that separate TM30 office would not be packed to the gills daily with people often queuing up outside the door to get a seat. 
It is true Jomtiem does not require one for people on long term Extensions who are returning to their own long term residence. They are necessary, for example, for tourists, trying to extend a TV or Visa Exempt stay. 
What I was told before in Jomtein office was that I only needed the original TM30 done by my landlord when I first rented my condo. I travel a lot in and out but do not need to do a TM30 again unless I change my address.

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Girl who does TM30s also does TM28's which are required for everyone who changes their permanent residence. I've filed 2 TM28s but never a TM30.

Edited by Spidey

Just now, Spidey said:

Girl who does TM30s also does TM28's which are required for everyone who changes their permanent residence.

At the main entrance or in the TM30 room?

Good information, as we were discussing TM30 requirements with a well known agent and when I asked about TM28s, he looked at me like I was nuts. I got the idea Jomtiem were not handling TM28s. 

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

At the main entrance or in the TM30 room?

Good information, as we were discussing TM30 requirements with a well known agent and when I asked about TM28s, he looked at me like I was nuts. I got the idea Jomtiem were not handling TM28s. 

It has moved around a bit. I used it 12 months ago, it was in a little room to the side of the main entrance, near where they do the photos. Previously it had been upstairs. Not do TM28s? How can they not? How are you supposed to register a change of address?

Edited by Spidey

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

How are you supposed to register a change of address?

I was told just do another 90 day  report, with TM 47, obviously not information to trust. I haven't changed address for over 10 years and back then things were easier!

Edited by jacko45k
correction

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I was told just do another Tm 90 report, obviously not information to trust. I haven't changed address for over 10 years and back then things were easier!

TM90? 90 day report? Never seen one. When I do my 90 day reports, I just hand my passport over, no forms to fill in, never asked any questions and my passport doesn't have my Thai address in it. Address never mentioned.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

TM90? 90 day report? Never seen one. When I do my 90 day reports, I just hand my passport over, no forms to fill in, never asked any questions and my passport doesn't have my Thai address in it. Address never mentioned.

Corrected my post, brain fart. 

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Yes it is what used to be required for 90 day reporting and has a place to write your address. 

News to me. Think it must be obsolete now.

On 4/29/2019 at 1:34 AM, scotinsiam said:

this is the letter they gave me today. IMG_20190429_153134.jpeg

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Note the words about monthly income only say that.  Doesn't say anything about transferring in monies monthly as many offices seem to be asking for.  Just saying this seems incomplete

Edited by gk10002000

17 minutes ago, Spidey said:

News to me. Think it must be obsolete now.

A TM47 form is certainly not obsoleted now. Try doing a mailed in report without one or at some offices that still want one.

I give one to my wife to take with her when she does my reports for me.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Note the words about monthly income only say that.  Doesn't say anything about transferring in monies monthly as many offices seem to be asking for.  Just saying this seems incomplete

That is because that paper is only a version of the order for the money in the bank option not income.

The income option order is in a different police order.

See: Amendment to police order 138/2557 Revising clauses 2.18 and 2.22 to include options for proof of income 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scotinsiam said:

What I was told before in Jomtein office was that I only needed the original TM30 done by my landlord when I first rented my condo. I travel a lot in and out but do not need to do a TM30 again unless I change my address.

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I always used my Thai driving licence when getting my extension renewed - your address is on it.

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Because you have been given incorrect information. 

thats my point,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by Tomahawk21

8 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

What happens if you get your extension using 800k method but then wish to switch to income method? Is there a ruling on this or do we just speculate again.!

You could change to the income option when you do your next extension.

If your extension was done after March 1st that requires the 800k baht for 3 months after and then 400k my suggestion is to start the 65k transfers so you will have a 12 months of them next year when you apply. Then after 3 months at 800k baht ask immigration if you still need to keep the 400k in and show them you have already done some transfers to live on.

• Like 1