Alcohol sales period during coronation?

KIO

Hi all,

Have tried scouting the forum and web without success so I'll try my luck here.

Have a buddy arriving for the weekend (good planning, I know haha) and was hoping taking him to some favourite watering holes of mine eg. W District, some of the sky bars etc. 

Does anyone have a clue if there will be any restrictions on the sale of alcohol in general during the coronation process? And if so, from when to when?

TIA

KIO

• Like 1

There may a call for "entertainment" to be subdued over the period, but I very much doubt alcohol will be banned. Some bars may close to allow staff to watch the ceremonies, but I have a feeling that many will be happy to work!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KIO said:

Yup, saw that one with its "specific" inconclusive details in regards to my question. But please endulg me; where are the facts in the link please?

KIO

" Saturday 4th to Monday 6th May 2019."

Obvious no alcohol sales if you live in one the main places where ever that is.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There may a call for "entertainment" to be subdued over the period, but I very much doubt alcohol will be banned. Some bars may close to allow staff to watch the ceremonies, but I have a feeling that many will be happy to work!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Many thanks! Have been in contact with some local restaurants and they say the same... So fingers crossed it stays that way.

KIO

I realize this is not part of the discussion but as an after-hours teacher, I have found that at least my students and their parents are not that worried about the coronation.  I asked if they were coming to class on Saturday and Sunday and all have said yes.

As to booze, I am sure that they would have announced it already.  To me, the main areas they are talking about are any areas that are near the palace or any of the festivities.  Let's face with the last thing you need is a bunch of drunk Farang or Thai running around during the parade.

Also, remember that most if not all the activities are during the day so they will not affect the night scene at all.  Khaosan may be the hardest hit by rules due to its location.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I realize this is not part of the discussion but as an after-hours teacher, I have found that at least my students and their parents are not that worried about the coronation.  I asked if they were coming to class on Saturday and Sunday and all have said yes.

As to booze, I am sure that they would have announced it already.  To me, the main areas they are talking about are any areas that are near the palace or any of the festivities.  Let's face with the last thing you need is a bunch of drunk Farang or Thai running around during the parade.

Also, remember that most if not all the activities are during the day so they will not affect the night scene at all.  Khaosan may be the hardest hit by rules due to its location.

Thanks for the input! Was hoping bringing my mate to the W District and some sky bars in that area. As it's his first time in BKK and only here for the weekend, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your scenario.

KIO

3 hours ago, malt25 said:

"Obvious no alcohol sales"  Would you care to point out where the obvious statement is ? There might be some assumption that there could be some alcohol sales banned or limited, but that's all. I think that the OP is asking if anyone knows what's happening. Or have I read the OP wrong ?

It's what usually happens on occasions like this don't it so I gave the day dates for fling sake so much fuss over a beer.

• Confused 2

Thanks for the input! Was hoping bringing my mate to the W District and some sky bars in that area. As it's his first time in BKK and only here for the weekend, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your scenario.

KIO
W District will be serving as normal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, rott said:

So why give a smartass put down of an answer when you do not know or care what the answer is?

Well because it was a smartass question from a teacher. ????

20 hours ago, JRG23 said:

Where/What is the W District?

A very hip and cool "up market" place to eat and drink. Very popular with the Thai "in" crowd and very few tourists find this place. I recon there's around 30 different eateries; local Thai, proper pizza made by an American, a French eatery run by a French dude, a Jamaican joint and everything in between. My personal favourite is the steak place serving 200 g of PROPERLY prepared meat for 250 b as a steak burger with fries. Located here https://maps.app.goo.gl/E561dSRTh9V3aDws6

KIO

• Thanks 1

tweet from Billboard Go Go Nana Plaza:

"Billboard will be opening at 7.30pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday night as we are expecting to close a little earlier than usual."

Edited by NCC1701A