Fingerprints Urgently Required

Hi all, 

Can anyone recommend a place where I can get my fingerprints taken, I will supply the document on which they will be printed, I just need a place where someone knows what they are doing, is it possible at a police station? Or an embassy? I am Canadian. Thanks in advance. 

Seriously?

Well, why not oldskool instead of printing go to a stationairy shop and buy a inkpad.

Ink your fingers, not too much, and put the side of your finger on the paper and roll it to the other side.

Apply pressure gently.

Practize on another sheet first.

Destroy after use.

Don't go to the police station, believe me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The Canadian embassy will not do the fingerprints but does state the correct place to get them.

Fingerprinting can be done by the Special Branch Division of the Thai police at:

Special Branch Division, Royal Thai Police Department (In Thai only)
Section 3, Sub-division 2, 1st Fl. Building 24
Henri Dunant Road, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 0 2205-2168 - 9, Fax: 0 2205-1295
(Mon.-Fri. 08:30 - 16:30)

Source: https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/thailand-thailande/consular_services_consulaires/record_check-casier_judiciaire.aspx?lang=eng

• Like 2

10 hours ago, donim said:

Seriously?

Well, why not oldskool instead of printing go to a stationairy shop and buy a inkpad.

Ink your fingers, not too much, and put the side of your finger on the paper and roll it to the other side.

Apply pressure gently.

Practize on another sheet first.

Destroy after use.

Don't go to the police station, believe me.

My dearest apologize.

After reading the other replies, I realize this is then a serious thing.

And not only for illiterate people they can put a thumb print as signature.

I myself, never heard of this at least for 30 years, and was thinking this was just a joke.

I dare to ask, when do someone need to have his/her fingerprints transfered on a document?

Rgds,

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, donim said:

I dare to ask, when do someone need to have his/her fingerprints transfered on a document?

The most common need for fingerprints is for a criminal record check from the police or some other authority.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, donim said:

My dearest apologize.

After reading the other replies, I realize this is then a serious thing.

And not only for illiterate people they can put a thumb print as signature.

I myself, never heard of this at least for 30 years, and was thinking this was just a joke.

Rgds,

For me it was when they transferred me from the old Houston Police Dept lockup on Lubbock to the Harris County slammer.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The most common need for fingerprints is for a criminal record check from the police or some other authority.

Other instances include applicants for jobs dealing with juveniles, handicapped and other at-risk groups.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The most common use of these services is to apply for a teaching position. 

Or apply for the SRRV visa in the Philippines. 

Edited by Longcut

Also used in Thailand for many African applicants applying for visas and extensions of stay at Immigration. Immigration supplies a request letter to Police HQ, and one then has to make a special trip for fingerprinting.

Racial profiling at best!