Video: Death of a Thai biker - clocked at 264 kmph

webfact

10 hours ago, NokNokJoke said:

Does that rear tire look a little 'smooth'

Unless roads  are  wet  it  will give even more  grip with  no tread  although heat  build  up  on a  thinner  wall could be an issue.

2 hours ago, mmushr00m said:

Young guys and fast bikes.

Happen to a buddy of mine when we were "young and invincible". 200km/h on his Hayabusa. Lost control, even fully armoured and helmeted, his inside turned to mush from hitting the road at that speed. Died in the ambulance.

and to think..if that was in Thailand, he wouldn't be considered a traffic fatality.

2 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

big bike fast speed what a way to go.if that was the way he wanted to go.my scooter top speed is about 90 I can only dream of that speed

As you can tell when driving around, Thai's have no trouble hitting those speeds on small scooters all the time, no helmet needed, usually wearing flip-flops and shorts. 

Edited by ocddave

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope...  You've barked up the wrong tree, jumped to the wrong conclusions, made the wrong assumptions... 

Orton Rd described his Wife's accident quite clearly along with a photo in another thread he started last week. 

His Wife was turning right. A motorcyclist who was riding the wrong way into on common traffic on the wrong side of the road rode into the side of his car. 

Motorcyclist clearly in the wrong breaking at least 1 traffic regulation. The BiB have tried to pin the blame on the Wife (car driver) - which is clearly unfair in this case. 

They all think it's perfectly normal to drive down the wrong side of the road here. The cops even do it. How dare she get in his way! 

Have RTP heard of speed radar traps/cameras?  Living in Bang Saray, there's a stretch of road which has claimed, from memory over 25 lives.  It's downhill heading towards some lights.  In over twelve years I have seen ONE cop with a camera hiding behind some bushes.

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Have RTP heard of speed radar traps/cameras?  Living in Bang Saray, there's a stretch of road which has claimed, from memory over 25 lives.  It's downhill heading towards some lights.  In over twelve years I have seen ONE cop with a camera hiding behind some bushes.

They are more worried about offending someone, or losing face in an argument after pulling someone over, its easier to just pick up the dead bodies and pretend everything is AOK. 

1 hour ago, fullcave said:

They all think it's perfectly normal to drive down the wrong side of the road here. The cops even do it. How dare she get in his way! 

There are no real Police in Thailand,

Just the Toy Town ones,   out collecting money for the boss.

Carry on Thailand.  no one cares. 

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gunderhill said:
12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

CEO’s, leaders of Thai Commerce, multitudes of clever hard working employees and people running successful Thai business prove otherwise.

Doesn't make them good  drivers in fact it  often makes them even more "entitled"  to drive  like crap.

You've quoted a small portion of my post, in doing so taken it out of context to suit your bias. 

My post was in response to someone to claim 'Thai's had no brains'...  a flawed sweeping, bitter and poisonous generalization...   Some of the responses only highlight how some of our forum members are severely lacking in the grey matter.... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You've quoted a small portion of my post, in doing so taken it out of context to suit your bias. 

My post was in response to someone to claim 'Thai's had no brains'...  a flawed sweeping, bitter and poisonous generalization...   Some of the responses only highlight how some of our forum members are severely lacking in the grey matter.... 

Proof of Severe lack of Grey matter is present on the roads of Thailand every day, when 90% of the drivers prove this daily, so if the shoe fits 'Thai's had no brains', let them wear it.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:
12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is some awful driving here, more than many countries, but most of it is patient, tolerant and careful... A minority of out and out idiots give us a highly distorted image of the reality.

With all due respect you’re working yourself into a corner here, Richard.

You seem to understand that LOS is destruction derby on wheels then argue against your own argument. Strange. 

Not quite - I drive here every day and I am writing what I observe. 

I don't see 99% of drivers here driving aggressively or dangerously... I do see plenty of normal folk getting along with their life.... That the accident rate is 32.7 per 100,000 vehicles highlights this. 

If everyone was so stupid, dangerous, dumb and driving like they're in a 'demolition derby' there would be far more than 0.00327% of the driving population involved in an accident each year. 

People are clinging on to the Road Fatality stats as if they are a way to indicate that everyone on the road is an idiot, which is a flawed analysis - it shows that less than 0.01% are involved in an accident each year - Not quite as stupid, dangerous or idiotic as everyone seems to wish Thailands people are when trying to justify some racial bias. 

When someone dies in an accident such as this it highlights that the individual was a significant risk taker - we see these significant risk takers in many countries. 

That there are more accidents causing sever injuries or death also highlights that there are more people unaware of the risks, through lack of education, training and more significantly through a lack of adequate enforcement of the existing traffic laws. 

Given the same lack of education, training and enforcement the road traffic stats may read similarly in our home countries. 

We are a product of our environment and to indicate that all Thai's are stupid or have no brains shows a fundamental lack of understanding of this, those accusing Thai's of having no brains are befitting of their own accusation. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ocddave said:

Proof of Severe lack of Grey matter is present on the roads of Thailand every day, when 90% of the drivers prove this daily, so if the shoe fits 'Thai's had no brains', let them wear it.

90% of the drivers prove on a daily basis that they have no brains ????....  

A ridiculous argument... 

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A ridiculous argument... 

Like I said, I'll post daily video's for you if you wish, proof is in the pudding. I'll give these people credit for having brain matter, when/if they ever fix the dangerous driving habits and reduce the carnage, I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ocddave said:

Like I said, I'll post daily video's for you if you wish, proof is in the pudding. I'll give these people credit for having brain matter, when/if they ever fix the dangerous driving habits and reduce the carnage, I won't hold my breath.

Or just watch Channel 7 news in the morning to view the daily digest of lunatic driving / riding.  Guaranteed new material each and every day.

5 minutes ago, ocddave said:
13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A ridiculous argument... 

Still a ridiculous argument... I see daily videos of Russians on the roads. That doesn't mean every Russian has no brains. 

When you chose your video...  i.e. 10 mins of driving... Do you really think 9 minutes of it show dangerous driving?

Additionally, you are one of those driving on Thailands roads, so are you one of those without a brain or are you exempt from your own accusation?

There is an element of poison when you refer to Thai's as 'these people' among whom you chose to live, eat, work, drive....  do you really believe that every time you look around you 9 out of the 10 people you see have no brain? (i.e. are outright dumb / stupid).

The standards of driving in Thailand are poorer than in many of our home countries (unless you come from Paris, Rome, Mumbai, Athens etc), but they are not as poor as some are making out - they are still tolerable. If driving on Thailands was so dangerous I'm sure many of us would not live here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OneEyedPie said:

Or just watch Channel 7 news in the morning to view the daily digest of lunatic driving / riding.  Guaranteed new material each and every day.

There is guaranteed new material each and every day in every other country... 

Yes, there are examples of lunatic driving / riding in Thailand... Plenty of examples. 

But when you have 10 lunatics in a 30 minute journey it seems excessive, but consider how many unnoticed cars you pass... 1000's ??... The percentage of lunatics is small, they are just more noticeable. 

Just like this forum, which sometimes has a reputation for it bitter and twisted negatively bias Thai hating posters... when in reality, most are well balanced in their opinions - but for some reason we only notice the extreme negativity some feel the need to regurgitate.

Now, back to Thailands roads and its people.... more dangerous than our home countries yes. 

But the accident stats do not indicate all of Thailands population are stupid / brainless.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Still a ridiculous argument... I see daily videos of Russians on the roads. That doesn't mean every Russian has no brains. 

When you chose your video...  i.e. 10 mins of driving... Do you really think 9 minutes of it show dangerous driving?

There is an element of poison when you refer to Thai's as 'these people' among whom you chose to live, eat, work, drive....  do you really believe that every time you look around you 9 out of the 10 people you see have no brain? (i.e. are outright dumb / stupid).

The standards of driving in Thailand are poorer than in many of our home countries (unless you come from Paris, Rome, Mumbai, Athens etc), but they are not as poor as some are making out - they are still tolerable. If driving on Thailands was so dangerous I'm sure many of us would not live here. 

I plan to post the whole trip, not 10 minutes, and I'll post it daily. You'll get a kick out of every morning when a long string of idiots barrels into the Highway onramp to pass everyone on the left, I assume to try an kill people coming up the onramp, then fly down the Emergency Lane (shoulder) at triple digit speeds.

Additionally, you are one of those driving on Thailands roads, so are you one of those without a brain or are you exempt from your own accusation?

You're bordering on ridiculous now Richard, I won't count myself in the 90%, which is what I quoted. 

Edited by ocddave
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is guaranteed new material each and every day in every other country... 

Yes, there are examples of lunatic driving / riding in Thailand... Plenty of examples. 

But when you have 10 lunatics in a 30 minute journey it seems excessive, but consider how many unnoticed cars you pass... 1000's ??... The percentage of lunatics is small, they are just more noticeable. 

Just like this forum, which sometimes has a reputation for it bitter and twisted negatively bias Thai hating posters... when in reality, most are well balanced in their opinions - but for some reason we only notice the extreme negativity some feel the need to regurgitate.

Now, back to Thailands roads and its people.... more dangerous than our home countries yes. 

But the accident stats do not indicate all of Thailands population are stupid / brainless.

And people who are calling all Thai males stupid shouldn't come, or even live here in LOS. 

Would Thailand be a better place with traffic laws from the States, Europe, or elsewhere? Or am I paying 3,000 dollars/Euros for a driver's license? I doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

In memory of a nice guy who only wanted to enjoy to ride his bike with his mates. 

RIP, bro.png

Driving 264 kph on a road used by locals with their families, puts him in the Attempted Murderer category, not the "Nice Guy" category. He was part of the problem on Thai Roads, not some type of martyr.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Would Thailand be a better place with traffic laws from the States, Europe, or elsewhere? 

Yes, obviously they have safer roads and drivers, duh!

Edited by ocddave