Transferring visa to new passport

I have a new passport, I will need to transfer my Non O into it. I have an embassy letter supporting the request.

1. Is there a Thai immigration form I need to fill in as well, and if so what's the TM number?

2. Is this officially supposed to be a free service? If so, do some offices try to charge and how much? (I'm in Udon)

If you have a non-o visa entry you do not need to transfer your stamps. You can have your most recent entry stamp transferred to your new passport and be stamped out of the country on departure from the country.

Immigration only transfers extension of stays. For that you would use this form Transfer Stamps To A New Passport .

Some offices have been reported as charging 500 baht to do it.

What about if I have a recently expired O-A Visa and a valid permission to stay (the "second year" of the O-A) in the old passport?

What needs to be transferred in that case at an immigration office?

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

You would not need to have your stamps transferred at a immigration office. You could leave the country and have your most recent entry stamp transferred to your new passport on departure from the country and use your e re-entry permit in your old passport when you enter the country.

Thanks. Since I don't have a reentry permit yet and I have not yet left Thailsnd, can the reentry permit go straight into the new blank passport when I apply for the reentry permit?

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, peterbkk2 said:

Thanks. Since I don't have a reentry permit yet and I have not yet left Thailsnd, can the reentry permit go straight into the new blank passport when I apply for the reentry permit?

In that case they would transfer your entry stamp, do a annotation about your visa and old passport and stamp the re-entry permit in the new passport at your local immigration office.