Jump to content

From razzmatazz to sneaking in! Big Joke sidesteps press to start new role


webfact

Recommended Posts

From razzmatazz to sneaking in! Big Joke sidesteps press to start new role

 

3pm.jpg

Caption: Just an ordinary civil servant

 

Former poster boy of the Royal Thai Police and ex head of immigration Lt-Gen Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn seems to have sidestepped the press to begin his new office job. 

 

Government spokeswoman Phatcharaporn Inseeyong confirmed that Surachate had presented himself for duty as a special adviser in the PM's office yesterday morning. 

 

His arrival - expected to be a big media event and perhaps throw some light on the reasons for the Lt-Gen's fall from grace - turned out to be a damp squib. 

 

Surachate will be advising on matters relating to public development at first, said the spokeswoman. After a period of time other duties may be forthcoming that suit the Lt-Gen's skill set. 

 

Thai Rath had no new information saying he had sneaked into his new job.

 

Formerly Surachate was always featured in life-size vinyl boards advertising the latest busts and was filmed in various countries around the world making high profile arrests of criminal gangs. 

 

Now he is little more than a clerk at a desk in the government complex in Chaeng Wattana. 

 

It has been a spectacular fall from power and speculation remains rife as to why.

 

Thaivisa notes that there has been no suggestion of a change in the lieutenant general's rank though an amusing typo in the Thai Rath story had promoted him to a full general.

 

At least we think it was a typo. 

 

Source: Thai Rath

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-03
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that there has been no suggestion of a change in the lieutenant general's rank though an amusing typo in the Thai Rath story had promoted him to a full general.

At least we think it was a typo. 

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

Now he is little more than a clerk at a desk in the government complex in Chaeng Wattana.  

I wonder how much a lieutenant general behind a desk makes a month. But for him, i guess it was all about the fame...

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

After a period of time other duties may be forthcoming that suit the Lt-Gen's skill set. 

Making the tea ? 😂 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

Surachate will be advising on matters relating to public development

My best advise is to first get rid of the foreigners, then......

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is going to be a real challenge for this former publicity hound and fame seeker to stay out of the limelight. Not his M.O. This whole experience has to be very humiliating for him. Good. He deserves every bit of humble pie he is being forced to eat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought there may have been a non corrupt law man for a while, turns out someone was receiving money to fast track at immigration, expect someone is a little richer now,

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, manchega said:

I thought there may have been a non corrupt law man for a while, turns out someone was receiving money to fast track at immigration, expect someone is a little richer now,

And how do you know he wasn't removed because he was trying to stop said corruption and it went higher than he expected?

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

 

I wonder how much a lieutenant general behind a desk makes a month. But for him, i guess it was all about the fame...

Hmm,....He did some good work too, caught big and small criminals !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

'Special advisor'  and 'Surachate will be advising on matters relating to pu blic development at first, '

 

This is real jobsworth stuff, what in gods name is 'public development' when its at home? Public money is funding this idiocy?

 

Time again for a cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down before I lose the will to live.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know what you are all joking about as you know absolutely nothing about why he has changed jobs ! Or what his new position concerns.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, geisha said:

I don’t know what you are all joking about as you know absolutely nothing about why he has changed jobs ! Or what his new position concerns.  

Your post is the joke, he has not changed jobs, he was kicked out of his job as chief of immigration.

Then demoted to an office boy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

so now that he will be PM's Advisor Extrordinaire; what happens when PM asks for Detailed answers?

 - he's only qualified to be General in nature

 

 

does he get to wear a teachers' uniform?

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Why is it that "general waste" comes to mind?

"After a period of time other duties may be forthcoming that suit the Lt-Gen's skill set." 

What will that be, organising photo sessions and vinyl poster parties?

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Why is it that "general waste" comes to mind?

"After a period of time other duties may be forthcoming that suit the Lt-Gen's skill set." 

What will that be, organising photo sessions and vinyl poster parties?

General Waist? You must be thinking of Prawit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like an example of keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Maybe he was asking too many questions about where the tea money gets funneled up to. If he had done something illegal, I would have thought it would have come out by now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

And there was me thinking he loved to keep the public informed via the press. 

 

Would love to see up to date pics of him. 

Wait for the big surprise !

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, madmitch said:

Still gets to keep his badges and medals on his shirt!

Great position for someone who wears paratroopers wings, and about half a kilogram of other bling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hobz said:

And how do you know he wasn't removed because he was trying to stop said corruption and it went higher than he expected?

My theory is that the AGENTS would have been next on his list and the higher ups just weren’t going to let that happen. He actually did many good things and it really didn’t matter that he was a publicity hound.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...