Bus from Mo Chit to Korat Terminal 21 May 18

Wake Up

I want to go to Korat Terminal 21 mall from Mo Chit in Bangkok by bus May 18 and return to Bangkok May 20. This is a long holiday religious weekend.

Do I need to buy a bus ticket in advance?  If you have experienced this round trip  during a holiday weekend please provide me some information on what to expect. I prefer the nicest bus possible and one that stops at Terminal 21 in Korat. If the buses will be probably sold out I need to rent a car in advance. Any helpful information is appreciated. 

A somewhat generalized answer to your question, as I have only done the Morchit - Khorat trip once.  You are asking for two things which may be incompatible, non-stop service, and a stop-on-demand once you reach Khorat.

Terminal 21 would only require a 1 km "backtrack" from Baw-Khaw-Saw (Bus Station) 2, and there are numerous songthaews plying that route. I would suggest you get a non-stop bus, even if "non-stop" means literally that; i.e. no stops before the Baw-Khaw-Saw.

If you must disembark at Terminal 21, you should take a second class bus. I would not rely on the word of the ticket sellers. They likely neither know nor care if the bus stops at Terminal 21; their only objective is to sell you a ticket.

Service on this route is very frequent; you can probably do it without an advance reservation, though May 18 is the Saturday of a long weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

There are no more 2nd cl buses-thats van now.

There are still 3 1st cl. buscompnaies, together they run 6 times/hr, it varies if they make stops on the way, but non will locally in Khorat. As above: youre either too spoilt or too unsure to just backtrack 1 km.

It seems Nakornchai Air has taken over one of the older local companies and is mostly considered as the best. They have their very own terminal across from giant Mochit. 2nc cl vans also have a new terminal across the road now

Pattaya also has a T21 and is much closer to BKK-and there is the obvious one @ Asoke.

OP.

I travel this route regularly. The best company is’ Nakhonchai 21’. Modern buses with clean toilet, WiFi and a snack.

At Mo Chit go to 3rd floor, booth 65. They will put you on the next available. I have never had to wait more then an a hour. They will tell you which bay to go to. Cost was 208 last week. When on the bus, the conductor will ask you where you want dropping off in Korat. Journey time is about 4 hours.

On your return go to Bus Station 2, Bay 14 and repeat.

Bus stops at Future Park and Don Moung Airport on the way.

Take your own entertainment.

Good luck

14 hours ago, asanee said:

There are no more 2nd cl buses-thats van now.

There are still 3 1st cl. buscompnaies, together they run 6 times/hr, it varies if they make stops on the way, but non will locally in Khorat. As above: youre either too spoilt or too unsure to just backtrack 1 km.

It seems Nakornchai Air has taken over one of the older local companies and is mostly considered as the best. They have their very own terminal across from giant Mochit. 2nc cl vans also have a new terminal across the road now

Pattaya also has a T21 and is much closer to BKK-and there is the obvious one @ Asoke.

I am not to spoiled or unsure to back track 1 km. Just prefer stopping at terminal 21 because it is more convenient to my hotel.  I live near terminal 21 in Bangkok and been to terminal 21 in Pattaya. Do you really think I am traveling 4 1/2 hours to go to terminal 21. Are you really that stupid? 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:27 AM, norfolkandchance said:

OP.

I travel this route regularly. The best company is’ Nakhonchai 21’. Modern buses with clean toilet, WiFi and a snack.

At Mo Chit go to 3rd floor, booth 65. They will put you on the next available. I have never had to wait more then an a hour. They will tell you which bay to go to. Cost was 208 last week. When on the bus, the conductor will ask you where you want dropping off in Korat. Journey time is about 4 hours.

On your return go to Bus Station 2, Bay 14 and repeat.

Bus stops at Future Park and Don Moung Airport on the way.

Take your own entertainment.

Good luck

Thank you very much. I am on the bus now and you gave me excellent advice. This bus company has nice buses and you saved me from getting on one of the other buses that do not look good but cost the same price. 

Archived