Condo owner - need to report address?

I noticed this "Illegals roundup - It included more than 100 people not reporting their address." in another thread and I know theres been lots of talk about the changing reporting of address issues/confusion here as well, I have a specific question regards condo owners.

When I applied for my extension of stay, I just submitted copies of the deeds of the condo. Do I need to ever report my address (on the provisio that it does not change it is always the condo address submitted with the application) again? I am a bit confused about this. I know my 90 day report includes my address but would I ever need to submit anything else if I dont move?

Confused

A lot depends on the current practices of your specific immigration office.

But very generally speaking, there has been an uptick in the requirement for foreigners to file a TM-30 within 24 hours, especially when returning to your principal address after an international arrival, since end March.

from an article:

The Immigration Bureau has introduced new regulations surrounding the notification of foreigners’ place of residence, otherwise known as the TM. 30 notification. This took effect on 28th March 2019; and according to the announcement, applicants who are unable to provide an official receipt indicating the completion of the TM. 30 notification will not be eligible to apply for visa extensions, complete their 90-day reports, or request for multiple re-entry permits.

The TM. 30 notification is used by the immigration bureau as a way of tracking where foreigners reside in Thailand, and its submission is primarily the responsibility of lessors or hotel operators. The notification must be submitted within 24 hours of the foreigner’s arrival; and failing to comply with this requirement will incur a maximum fine of THB 10,000 on the lessor or hotel operator.

There have been many threads on this matter here over that past few weeks. Yes, TM-6, TM-47, TM-7 all include a primary address, fourth time's a charm evidently.

tm-30 site:thaivisa.com 

narrow search to the last 30 days.

• Like 1

Yes , you need to do TM30 reports, in line with your local office requirements. Owning a property does not change the reporting requirements. You are the owner/housemaster and report yourself as the alien.

• Like 1

Personally, as a long term owner of my property, I have not been required to submit a TM30 at Jomtiem, and no repercussions when attending immigration for whatever  reason.

The rule, in reality, is you should submit a TM30 within 24 hours when you return to your residence. IE A after a trip out of town.

For myself, I wait for them to tell me I have to do it!

For you, perhaps if you mentioned which immigration office you use, someone here will relate their experiences and knowledge of how that IO applies things. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

For you, perhaps if you mentioned which immigration office you use, someone here will relate their experiences and knowledge of how that IO applies things. 

Thanks I should mentioned its Chaeng Wattana (Bangkok)

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Personally, as a long term owner of my property, I have not been required to submit a TM30 at Jomtiem, and no repercussions when attending immigration for whatever  reason.

The rule, in reality, is you should submit a TM30 within 24 hours when you return to your residence. IE A after a trip out of town.

I may have asked this before, aren't they asking for a TM30 receipt when you do extensions ?

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Jomtien Immigration have told me several times that as a retiree owning my own condo I dont need to file a TM30 when returning from any trip inside or outside of Thailand.

The only thing that bothers me about this is that it isnt written down anywhere and I suspect that they are quite likely to simply change that "rule" one day without telling me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

.....aren't they asking for a TM30 receipt when you do extensions ?

Am not sure if your question specifically about Jomtien but at CW I have never submitted one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I may have asked this before, aren't they asking for a TM30 receipt when you do extensions ?

No. Although I am inclined to wonder if I just got lucky. When I did my last one, and a subsequent Re-Entry, it was not long after the Embassies had stopped issuing letters and Immigration was swamped. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

The only thing that bothers me about this is that it isnt written down anywhere and I suspect that they are quite likely to simply change that "rule" one day without telling me.

Oh they will tell you, with an upturned palm. If I get away with just 800 baht 'fine' one day, I can live with that.

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Jomtien Immigration have told me several times that as a retiree owning my own condo I dont need to file a TM30 when returning from any trip inside or outside of Thailand.

I never got asked for TM30 when doing retire extensions but I needed one when I switched to marriage extension, but saying that, they wanted my first dogs vaccination records for the marriage extension.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Many reports from Div. 1/CW beginning on/about 23 April of both 90-day reports and ext stay applications being halted until the TM-30 matter was sorted.

Also, have seen one report of an online 90-day report (also CW) being rejected, with a specific reason being no TM-30 on file, and to come in in-person to sort that out first.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I registered my address ONCE and have signed in to do 90 day report at Jomtien many times over the years. NEVER HAD a problem......

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes , you need to do TM30 reports, in line with your local office requirements. Owning a property does not change the reporting requirements. You are the owner/housemaster and report yourself as the alien.

not true at all.....

36 minutes ago, essox essox said:

I registered my address ONCE and have signed in to do 90 day report at Jomtien many times over the years. NEVER HAD a problem......

Have you left Thailand and returned since? If not, your lack of any issues is understood as you are TM-30 compliant.

When was your last 90 day report? Ext of stay renewal?

The clampdown on TM-30's is relatively recent, like in the last ~ 5 weeks or so. And is again highly dependent upon location/office.

This handout seems recently developed and distributed....

TM30_brochure.jpeg

Edited by mtls2005

14 minutes ago, essox essox said:

not true at all.....

Care to elaborate why its not true ?

Owning a property does not exempt you from doing TM30 reports

If the local immigration office requires TM30 reports, you are required to do them whether you own a property or not.

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I would rather avoid that. If there is one thing that really annoys me it is paying for nothing.

Absolutely! And if you're in an area that allow you to register online, it costs you nothing (no travel expenses) to do it. There must be 3 or 4 threads running on this subject at the moment. Everyone saying "I've never been asked to do it", "my office say I don't need to". Well, as they say in Thailand 'Up to you' - I'm with you, I ain't paying anything for nothing. Registration is so easy and I believe online registration will be available to all soon so it shouldn't be a hassle.  Would these people go out on the street and throw 800 baht down the drain?

14 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Would these people go out on the street and throw 800 baht down the drain?

As stated, for many years I have avoided the onerous task of having to hurriedly travel 20km to immigration and queue for hours upon hours each time I flew back into Thailand, or spent a few days in Bangkok. If that convenience were to end, and the forfeit for the past ease was 800 baht, I would not fret. 

Do you also panic when paying for a residence letter or transferring to a new passport?

I have lived in, and owned, the same condo for 13 years and never submitted a TM30 (as far as i can remember), even after many trips inside and outside Thailand. I presume my 90 day reports and annual extensions confirm my residence, which i guess is what Immigration require. Maybe things have changed?

On 5/6/2019 at 8:03 AM, KittenKong said:

Same experience here, they keep TELLING me but that will mean nothing when they decide to enforce a different version of the rules.  So I keep on reporting and keep getting TOLD.  A piece of paper signed by the Boss to that effect would save them and us a lot of time.......until they get a new Boss!!  Then it's "New Boss you not report, you pay!"

On 5/6/2019 at 8:03 AM, KittenKong said:

The written law says that you have to report, of course no immigration officer will give you in writing that they don't follow the law ????

15 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I have lived in, and owned, the same condo for 13 years and never submitted a TM30 (as far as i can remember), even after many trips inside and outside Thailand.

As have many of us.

15 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I presume my 90 day reports and annual extensions confirm my residence, which i guess is what Immigration require.

When was your most recent 90-day report? When did you do your most recent extension of stay?

16 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Maybe things have changed?

Yes, based on the many, many, many, many reports over the past ~ 5 weeks.

23 hours ago, gmac said:

Same experience here, they keep TELLING me but that will mean nothing when they decide to enforce a different version of the rules.

23 hours ago, gmac said:

So I keep on reporting and keep getting TOLD.

Seems a lot of effort. If I lived around the corner I might, but I do not, so the alternative is a hot sweaty ride on the bike, or a laborious one in the car. So I keep doing don't! An 800 (or max 2000) baht fine someday in the future is far less onerous than several such journeys.