Missing Norwegian Kid

RAZZELL

Why wasn't something like this plastered al over the local media?

Is this another bullshit rule that they can't publish because it casts Pattaya in a bad light?

Three months later, this is the first I've seen of it.

And why are there so few details in that attachment? (A certain morning, South Pattaya, that's it?)

This all seems suspicious to me.

I know it would be a terrible, terrible thing to point any fingers, so at this point all I can say is that I can't rule the parents out.

Somewhere along the line, this girl wasn't looked for hard enough.

This responsibility lies with the local media, the BIB, or the parents. I want to know who is responsible for this.

there have been reports recently on television of young children being snatched off the streets , possibly by begging gangs .

there were also posts on a hua hin forum saying that some children were snatched / lured from outside a school there a few months ago , loudspeaker vans were driving around broadcasting warnings to parents.

Strange that it hasn't been in the news.

Maybe somebody local can send an email to the email-addres on the bottom of the photo...?

LaoPo

Strange that it hasn't been in the news.

Maybe somebody local can send an email to the email-addres on the bottom of the photo...?

LaoPo

A few years ago a mate of mine was walking along 2nd Rd in Pattaya with his 4 Y.O Daughter 1/2 Thai and Aussie and fair skin. This Thai guy and woman asked him if he would like to sell them his little girl????

What the Thai guy didnt know was my mate had a Black belt in Karate but he found out within a couple of minutes.

This kind of thing is a lot more common in Thailand than people realise.

I just hope this little girl is OK.

Cheers Tony

I can't understand why this has not been given more publicity. Missing since November, that is a long time. IMHO there is more to this than meets the eye. Why hasn't a report been written in the Bangkok post for example?

I am inclined to agree with leisurely. If it was your child you would do everything possible to garner as much publicity as possible. Television interviews, press reports, internet web forums, support groups, photos and fliers, monetary rewards, search parties, private investigators, setting up of a help/tip line... the list is endless for seeking publicity.

I would like to be optimistic and hope that this child was found quickly and unharmed. Hopefully that is why there has been little attention drawn to this. As Tony suggests it would be good to know the outcome nevertheless.

One thing that should be considered is whether or not to intrude on the family's privacy. It may well be that this matter has been resolved, either happily or tragically, and in either situation they may be trying to put this behind them. If there is a group consensus here to take any action, please publicly elect one person (and one only) to contact the family.

The family has a website here -- http://aarnesonline.com/ -- which is entirely devoted to photos and information about Lisa. However it makes no reference to her disappearance and doesn't appear to have been updated since 2004. Two of the three photos from the missing person bulletin can be found in Gallery 3.

This points to a larger issue which should not derail this thread, but still needs to be said. There are a lot of sick people in this world and posting a child's photo and personal info on the internet could be the same as drawing a bullseye on their back, leading to kidnap-for-ransom or far worse. This is IN NO WAY intended as any sort of condemnation of the Aarnes family, but only as a caution for all parents.

I would have thought a very polite one liner to the published email address, enquiring as to whether their daughter is still misssing would have have minimal impact. After all they put out a search enquiry, so they must expect replies to trickle in from time to time.

If for any reason it has become too painful, they could change their email address.

I would have thought a very polite one liner to the published email address, enquiring as to whether their daughter is still misssing would have have minimal impact. After all they put out a search enquiry, so they must expect replies to trickle in from time to time.

If for any reason it has become too painful, they could change their email address.

The remarks above were written with the best expectations of the board community and that a flood of inquiries to the Aarnes family was more likely than a trickle. Apologies all around if those remarks seemed at all discouraging, but as an organization that routinely has to convey the worst possible news we're vigilant about the potential impact on the families of potential and actual victims.

The remarks above were written with the best expectations of the board community and that a flood of inquiries to the Aarnes family was more likely than a trickle. Apologies all around if those remarks seemed at all discouraging, but as an organization that routinely has to convey the worst possible news we're vigilant about the potential impact on the families of potential and actual victims.

Sorry, I wasn't disagreeing with you - just simply adding to what you posted and suggesting a way forward.

Any volunteers to make contact?

This was posted on the Thai-UK site...Anyone heard of this story before??? :o

Hopefully it's old news and there's been a happy ending...

RAZZ

RAZZ

what/where is this 'Thai-UK site' u refer to? is it a TV forum? and is there any thread on THAT post or a date it was posted?

looks bizarre 2 me.

maybe someone is 'fishing'?

Sorry, I wasn't disagreeing with you - just simply adding to what you posted and suggesting a way forward.

I vote for you Mobi you are more diplomatic than me. :o

I vote for you Mobi you are more diplomatic than me. :o

besides if they saw my Avatar they would run a mile. :D

This was posted on the Thai-UK site...Anyone heard of this story before??? :o

Hopefully it's old news and there's been a happy ending...

RAZZ

RAZZ

what/where is this 'Thai-UK site' u refer to? is it a TV forum? and is there any thread on THAT post or a date it was posted?

looks bizarre 2 me.

maybe someone is 'fishing'?

www.thailand-uk.com

look in the forums

www.thailand-uk.com

look in the forums

I did. I even found the relevant link to the missing girl story.

But to access it you have to join Thailand-UK.

So I tried to register. I completed the registration box, received an email to say I was now a member, but when I tried to log in was told my email address was unacceptable as it was "web based".

I tried again, using a different email address. Again I was accepted - then subsequently rejected for the same reason.

I gave up.

I am still awaiting a reply to my email which was sent to the father.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

www.thailand-uk.com

look in the forums

So I tried to register. I completed the registration box, received an email to say I was now a member, but when I tried to log in was told my email address was unacceptable as it was "web based".

I tried again, using a different email address. Again I was accepted - then subsequently rejected for the same reason.

I gave up.

From memory you can't join with a yahoo/hotmail "free" email address.

I joined (with a different name :o ) a couple of years ago with an aol address.

It's a legitmate site, with invaluable UK Visa information/help. I'm sure RichardB (if he's the same RichardB :D) and any other member will back this up.

RAZZ

www.thailand-uk.com

look in the forums

I gave up.

It's a legitmate site, with invaluable UK Visa information/help. I'm sure RichardB (if he's the same RichardB :D) and any other member will back this up.

RAZZ

same bs happened when i tried to register with the regular non-webmail address i use. seems like they haven't a clue.

This was posted at the time in the general forum, it was withdrawn by a moderator stating that this was not a missing persons website and links to other forums were not permited.

immoderate moderation? i have seen more than 1 or 2 posts of people looking for people and posts to websites... oh well. another one for the burgeoning army of tv sleuths

www.thailand-uk.com

look in the forums

I gave up.

RAZZ

same bs happened when i tried to register with the regular non-webmail address i use. seems like they haven't a clue.

I tried with gmail, and then again with an little known American based one which I was sure would be OK.

I really don't understand it, as on both ocasions I actually recieved an email from them to my submitted email address , informing me that I had been accepted as a member, with my login password etc, and then when I tried to login was told that the email addresses weren't acceptable, as they were web based.

It's pretty crazy.

www.thailand-uk.com

look in the forums

I gave up.

RAZZ

I tried with gmail, and then again with an little known American based one which I was sure would be OK.

I really don't understand it, as on both ocasions I actually recieved an email from them to my submitted email address , informing me that I had been accepted as a member, with my login password etc, and then when I tried to login was told that the email addresses weren't acceptable, as they were web based.

It's pretty crazy.

I had the same - I had to use my company email whicj I hate to give out. I just do not post there now

I have just received the following email:

Dear XXXXX

Thank you. We do appreciate your help. Could you please let us know that

internet forums so that we can look at and join them.

Regards,

Peter

I will reply to him, and give him the link to Thai Visa. However, given the rules here, I am worried that the thread may be closed.

I really feel that Thai Visa can help a lot here, and it would be a great tragedy if the thread were closed.

This is not a case of respecting someone's privacy ( i.e. someone who doesn't want to be found), but more in the nature of an underage kidnapping. God knows what may happen to this poor girl.

Before I reply. does anyone have any suggestions how to take this forward.?

Any compassionate mods out there?

Edited by Mobi D'Ark