EC expected to announce official constituency seat winners tomorrow

snoop1130

EC expected to announce official constituency seat winners tomorrow

By The Nation

e44cfe2015ea39b2c9fcd97d2c4c5310.jpeg

The Election Commission is on Tuesday expected to announce the official results of the winners of parliamentary constituency seats from the March 24 general election.

The polling agency panel on the election’s administration on Monday reported the results to the EC for further examination. 

The EC will then on Tuesday morning conduct a final review and examination of the results, before in the afternoon revealing about 95 per cent of the winners, as stipulated by the Constitution.

It is reported that the EC will then announce the names of party-list winners on Wednesday, including those who are under investigation for violating election laws. 

The electoral agency will later ask the Constitutional Court to rule on the under-investigation candidates.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368926

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-06

I guess they'll reveal certain bunch of good peoples parties getting a win on this one (and not just a popular vote for PPP) and then conveniently leaving the 5% shrouded in mystery again for yet more fun and games (especially should their BS result be contested and torn open in the public again without a trivial way to shrug it off). 

Can someone enlighten my silly ol' brain, as I must have missed something vital here.. But what part of the constitution exactly stipulates this "95%"? I recall 9th of May being an absolute deadline for FINAL results, though I guess having a modify-as-you-please constitution comes in handy for things like this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my guess is that those that won seats through voting will be wondering why they haven't won seats and a lot of them will be reading it from behind bars for claiming they did

winning an election has a whole new meaning - if you want a seat go to a seat shop and buy one - these ones are taken already

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Grossman said:

I guess they'll reveal certain bunch of good peoples parties getting a win on this one (and not just a popular vote for PPP) and then conveniently leaving the 5% shrouded in mystery again for yet more fun and games (especially should their BS result be contested and torn open in the public again without a trivial way to shrug it off). 

Can someone enlighten my silly ol' brain, as I must have missed something vital here.. But what part of the constitution exactly stipulates this "95%"? I recall 9th of May being an absolute deadline for FINAL results, though I guess having a modify-as-you-please constitution comes in handy for things like this.

everything in Thailand is open for negotiation / change / modification to deliver the required outcome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yeahbutwhytho said:

Everyone should stop complaining that it's taking too long

Do you know how long it takes to take a vote from one place, and move it over to another place

They're missing calculators too!

or maybe having trouble re-booting windows 7 on the more advanced computer systems...

2 hours ago, Yeahbutwhytho said:

Everyone should stop complaining that it's taking too long

Do you know how long it takes to take a vote from one place, and move it over to another place

They're missing calculators too!

It was a calculated vote.. so need need for calculators now... the result was fixed before the vote took place !

• Like 1

solidarity and unity being called for by an important figure.  I guess the call will be for the parties who want democracy to back down for the good of the country.

Senate seats going for royal approval soon.  Is a balanced Senate even possible?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DLock said:

I don't even understand why the delay.

Most countries have an election and announce the vote counting and election results in real time - as in the same day.

This delay makes everything seem murky, underhanded and ripe for corruption.

...and the missing 5%? The delay only gave let them count 95%? That last 5% is probably going to make all the difference.

I can't see this ending well.

you are referring to normal democratic countries having normal democratic elections, they do announce the results in a timely manner because they don't need to "arrange" the results, as soon as the call for delays it all falls down the pipes and the credibility gets questioned and scrutinized, the murky is becoming very murky and no happy ending in the horizon

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, greeneking said:

solidarity and unity being called for by an important figure.  I guess the call will be for the parties who want democracy to back down for the good of the country.

Senate seats going for royal approval soon.  Is a balanced Senate even possible?

Thailand is screwed.

Unless ....

Edited by Eligius

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The EC will then on Tuesday morning conduct a final review and examination of the results, before in the afternoon revealing about 95 per cent of the winners, as stipulated by the Constitution.

So ..................... ! ????????

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Quote:-

"including those who are under investigation for violating election laws" - any from the pro-military Phalang Party???? 

No, because " no Thai would do that" 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

And there you have it with no results. Another delay as they need to fine tune one more time.

EC endorsed all the existing 349 constituency MPs today except for the seat in Chiangmai which will see a bye-election. The caveat is that there are still 40 reported cases of election illegality and will be investigated and may see changes. Party list MPs will be finalized by Friday after the court decide. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Quote:-

"including those who are under investigation for violating election laws" - any from the pro-military Phalang Party???? 

you wish 555

55 minutes ago, thequietman said:
  22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

not worth the time to speculate, it's all fixed or it has been for quite sometime, they are just running down the clock

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 8:31 AM, snoop1130 said:

95%? Sounds like they are reviewing their numbers and results in an effort to have answers ready for the discrepancies that will be included, but deemed necessary to give the results desired, when the public and their proxies starts asking questions. 

14 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

EC endorsed all the existing 349 constituency MPs today except for the seat in Chiangmai which will see a bye-election. The caveat is that there are still 40 reported cases of election illegality and will be investigated and may see changes. Party list MPs will be finalized by Friday after the court decide. 

I saw it on the news later on during dinner with the family. Not looking so good a the moment and certainly not finished. Thanks for your update. 

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Did I miss the announcement, or is the arm twisting and counting still going on?

It's not arm twisting or recounting - it's simply manipulation....... 

• Like 1