Help With Single Certificate

We are applying for a K-1 Visa but need a single certificate from Thailand.  My fiance was divorced in Norway.  The local amphoe says we must have the divorce legalized.  The Ministry of Foreign Affairs indicates that the only stamp they accept is from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Oslo, Norway along with a Stamp from the Royal Thai Embassy in Oslo.  The document must be translated into Thai.  The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will only accept translations from its list of approved translators.  Guess what, there are no translators that can translate from Norwegian to Thai.  Does anyone know of someone in the government here in Thailand that might be able to provide me some assistance in getting a single certificate?  

Find out if you can have the original officially translated from Norwegian to English. Then it should be easy to get a translator to officially translate to Thai. My GF's brother works translating English to Thai for official court documents. Occasionally he asks me about some terms because the 3rd language to English translation wasn't done well and is confusing or incorrectly translated.

4 hours ago, Thomas J said:

...The Ministry of Foreign Affairs indicates that the only stamp they accept is from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Oslo, Norway along with a Stamp from the Royal Thai Embassy in Oslo.  The document must be translated into Thai.  The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will only accept translations from its list of approved translators.  Guess what, there are no translators that can translate from Norwegian to Thai...

Ideally, the Norwegian document should be translated to Thai in Norway. The Thai embassy Oslo should be able to recommend a translator.

10 hours ago, Thomas J said:

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will only accept translations from its list of approved translators. 

At the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok there is no list of approved translators as far as I know.

Need to have the divorce decree legalized is a standard requirement at a Amphoe. Unless the Norwegian embassy here can do it would have to be done in Norway.

11 hours ago, Maestro said:

Ideally, the Norwegian document should be translated to Thai in Norway. The Thai embassy Oslo should be able to recommend a translator.

No We tried that.  Also it is the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Oslo that says it will accept only ITS APPROVED translators and there are none on the list.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok there is no list of approved translators as far as I know.

Need to have the divorce decree legalized is a standard requirement at a Amphoe. Unless the Norwegian embassy here can do it would have to be done in Norway.

Yes, we recognize that the Norwegian Embassy here will not do it.  However as mentioned the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Olso will only accept its approved translators to legalize a document.  There are no translators on its list that translate from Norwegian or for that matter any language to Thai.  So we are stuck. We need them to legalize the divorce agreement translated into Thai but there are no approved translators. 

Sounds like a catch 22.   Not much help I know, but maybe some Norwegian national in the area can help out or come up with some ideas.  Even try that local news tv show office.  They may get you some publicity that can help jog somebody's memory on how to help

18 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Yes, we recognize that the Norwegian Embassy here will not do it.  However as mentioned the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Olso will only accept its approved translators to legalize a document.  There are no translators on its list that translate from Norwegian or for that matter any language to Thai.  So we are stuck. We need them to legalize the divorce agreement translated into Thai but there are no approved translators. 

If the divorce decree is in Norwegian I do not understand why it has to be translated to be legalized.

The translation could be done here and be certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA to use at a Amphoe.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If the divorce decree is in Norwegian I do not understand why it has to be translated to be legalized.

The translation could be done here and be certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA to use at a Amphoe.

It has to go to the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Norway.  The embassy here no longer is allowed to legalize documents.  The Amphoe requires that it be translated and legalized in order to file.  Obviously they can not read Norwegian.  Solution though.  I finally convinced the U.S. Embassy that Norway will not legalize a document done by anyone other than one of their translators and they have no translators to Thai from any language.  After three attempts they finally agreed to waive the requirement.