UK Conservatives resume Brexit talks with Labour amid low expectations

webfact

10 hours ago, malagateddy said:

tapatalk_1554542882860.jpeg

As usual, Brexiteers do not have the slightest idea about the reality..

Guy Verhofstadt was lijsttrekker en behaalde met 565.359 voorkeurstemmen veruit het hoogste aantal voorkeurstemmen voor de Europese verkiezingen. see 

For those British, who cannot read Dutch, see deepL.com:

Guy Verhofstadt was the leader of (his party's Open Vld election) list and, (in the 2009 election) with 565,359 preference votes, obtained by far the highest number of preference votes for the European elections.

For the 2014 elections: out of  859.254  for his party, Mr Verhofstadt alone got 531.030 votes. About the size or Nr 2 + 3 together.

13 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

He has a point about the new UKIP; but he is also very keen to get his snout back into the MEP trough. A trough he has been gorging himself on for doing very little work for many a year.

He has one of, if not the, worst attendance records of any MEP.

He’s represented the British people more than anyone else, having to attend a talking shop, that he does not beleive in.

He has also put himself up for being interviewed by impartial interviewers in the mass media over the last couple of years. Unlike T.May and J Corbyn. Who have been noticeable by their reluctance to face the people head on.

Likewise as a leading MEP he has also challenged both T.May and J.Corbyn to a Live public debate in the run up to the E.u elections, strangely they have not accepted his offer,I wonder why.

F7E5C6B5-44C1-4843-8A0F-44A4DE000F61.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Andrea Leadsom a stunch Brexiteer was very willing to become the P.M. after Cameron resigned. Unfortunately, for the country, the decision was decided by the Conservative members of Parliament. And as we all now know, the majority of those, are supporters of Remain, and there fore they elected a remainer in the form of T.May. 

How things would have panned out if she had been elected we will never know, allthough it’s fair to say, she couldn’t have made a bigger mess of our so called negotiations, than the lying T. May. In fact she might have put the most experienced, with regards to the E.u.  British politician in charge of our negotiations.

Twist the facts as much as you like May became leader because every one else who had any sort of support, Boris, Gove, stood down.

May negotiated a deal which gave us everything you Brexiteers claim to want. But you are more interested in repeating the cant of Rees-Mogg etc.; cant designed to further his own ambitions, and sod the country.

11 minutes ago, nontabury said:

He’s (Farage) represented the British people more than anyone else, having to attend a talking shop, that he does not beleive in

How can he represent the British people when he only ever turns up when there's a chance of some free publicity or to collect his paycheque and massive expenses.

Remember this is a man who could reduce the burden on the British taxpayer by refusing his huge MEP severance pay and pension; but he wont.

Time you stopped kissing his arse and started to look at all the facts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

We need to get rid of all those unelected lot

4B511E98-1E6D-4161-B8E4-6206A9CC14B2.jpeg

You must be another non Brit on these Brexit threads, otherwise you would know that the Queen does not make political speeches to the British people, with the exception of the queens speech, which is actually written by the government in power,and therefore she does not influence our political thoughts.  And as regarding Brexit, I and everyone else, have no idea, as to which side of the argument she favours.

D6BA7676-664B-459C-8F34-86007C63BF53.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nontabury said:

You must be another non Brit on these Brexit threads, otherwise you would know that the Queen does not make political speeches to the British people, with the exception of the queens speech, which is actually written by the government in power,and therefore she does not influence our political thoughts.  And as regarding Brexit, I and everyone else, have no idea, as to which side of the argument she favours.

Your head of state and commander-in-chief is unelected. But keep calling elected EU politicians “unelected”. 

41 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

As usual, Brexiteers do not have the slightest idea about the reality..

Guy Verhofstadt was lijsttrekker en behaalde met 565.359 voorkeurstemmen veruit het hoogste aantal voorkeurstemmen voor de Europese verkiezingen. see 

For those British, who cannot read Dutch, see deepL.com:

Guy Verhofstadt was the leader of (his party's Open Vld election) list and, (in the 2009 election) with 565,359 preference votes, obtained by far the highest number of preference votes for the European elections.

For the 2014 elections: out of  859.254  for his party, Mr Verhofstadt alone got 531.030 votes. About the size or Nr 2 + 3 together.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Twist the facts as much as you like May became leader because every one else who had any sort of support, Boris, Gove, stood down.

May negotiated a deal which gave us everything you Brexiteers claim to want. But you are more interested in repeating the cant of Rees-Mogg etc.; cant designed to further his own ambitions, and sod the country.

How can he represent the British people when he only ever turns up when there's a chance of some free publicity or to collect his paycheque and massive expenses.

Remember this is a man who could reduce the burden on the British taxpayer by refusing his huge MEP severance pay and pension; but he wont.

Time you stopped kissing his arse and started to look at all the facts.

And what does the man,himself say about the points you raise?

https://youtu.be/Gwbhmwiu9lE

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The task May and those others whom you blame took on was negotiating Brexit. They took that task on because no one else, especially those who advocated so vehemently for Brexit prior to the referendum, had the balls to do so.

Instead they stood back and sabotaged May at every opportunity. Doubtless in the belief we would end up in the mess we are now in thus allowing them to take over to 'rescue' a grateful nation.

If Rees-Mogg with his ERG, Boris and Gove etc. had put the country ahead of their own ambitions we would have left on schedule on the 29th March.

Looking back, May's competition fell away rather quickly. Perhaps they believed she was serious about actually leaving the EU?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

That's what I call poetry of reasoning!

All you will get today - I'm busy - I put up a summary on another thread a while back. You can look for that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Nah. They all already knew what a cluster Brexit, which they were never intended to get, was about to become. 

They were cowards, but right in their assertions. 

Then these cowards should not have voted to hold a referendum at all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Like I said, the UK has a constitutional monarchy, that is the way it is and will remain until such time as the people may want to change that arrangement. There is neither need nor point to compare Her Majesty with EU politicians, whether they be elected or not.

When the most powerful individual in your country, the head of state and commander-in-chief is unelected, you shouldn’t be surprised people rub it in your face everytime you falsely claim some EU politician is “unelected”. What goes around comes around. And giving it a name (“constitutional monarchy”) just admits the whole hypocrisy. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

When the most powerful individual in your country, the head of state and commander-in-chief is unelected, you shouldn’t be surprised people rub it in your face everytime you falsely claim some EU politician is “unelected”. What goes around comes around. And giving it a name (“constitutional monarchy”) just admits the whole hypocrisy. 

I not surprised at anything you come up with. I didn't get choose the system in the UK or the EU.

I didn't claim "some" EU politician was unelected (I assume that you mean Verhofstadt). But I will claim that the most powerful EU politicians are selected, rather than elected in any meaningful and democratic way.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Both of those "talking heads" are incredibly arrogant and ignorant in interrupting Nigel Farage when he tries to answer the question they asked him.

Peston gave Farage a good run last night. Here's a clip (he was on for a good 10 mins overall) :

Edited by evadgib

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I didn't claim "some" EU politician was unelected (I assume that you mean Verhofstadt).

And I wasn’t replying to you (but the guy who posted that meme about Verhofstadt). 

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

But I will claim that the most powerful EU politicians are selected, rather than elected in any meaningful and democratic way.

Selecting people for certain positions by elected bodies is pretty democratic and happens in countries. 

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And I wasn’t replying to you (but the guy who posted that meme about Verhofstadt). 

Selecting people for certain positions by elected bodies is pretty democratic and happens in countries. 

Your rant #54 was posted as a reply to me.