Follow Japanese traffic laws - that will reduce accidents, Thais urged

webfact

Firstly you have to teach the Thais to actually learn to drive a car. 

Then you have to enforce the laws 

Then you have to show them they are accountable 

Thais are a funny lot polite yes friendly sure but so selfish it's all about them the individual when it comes to driving. 

No regard for anyone next to or behind let alone on the other side of the road. 

Remember 60 yrs ago they  were banging around on bicycles and buses and trains. 

Not 10 million b Range rovers. I see young hiso thai women in porshe's they can't even drive. But look oh so cool the only thing they can't operate is the rear view mirror for there makeup and look at themselves all day thats if there not on their phone taking selfies all day. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Thailand exists nothing will ever change, they are not educated to be responsible, they are

ignorant of any care or preservation, life is cheap, you kill someone blame everything except your actions, part with some baht to the family and back on the road, their is no responsible police force or responsible government who "will do" not just say it, only pretend cops who want to line their own pockets with money, i wont be alive in 50 years time but in willing to bet that Thailand will still be number one with road deaths judging by the mentality of young thais that i have seen, thailand will probably be called Chinaland by then.

10 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Firstly you have to teach the Thais to actually learn to drive a car. 

Then you have to enforce the laws 

Then you have to show them they are accountable 

Thais are a funny lot polite yes friendly sure but so selfish it's all about them the individual when it comes to driving. 

No regard for anyone next to or behind let alone on the other side of the road. 

Remember 60 yrs ago they  were banging around on bicycles and buses and trains. 

Not 10 million b Range rovers. I see young hiso thai women in porshe's they can't even drive. But look oh so cool the only thing they can't operate is the rear view mirror for there makeup and look at themselves all day thats if there not on their phone taking selfies all day. 

Dont forget picking their noses, they are expert at that.

7 hours ago, Youlike said:

While in Tokyo i saw the Japanese police writing tickets every day again for cars parked on the road....

I have never ever seen that in Thailand.

Without real police Thailand will always stay what it is now....a very dangerous place to be on the roads.

So you haven't seen anything.

In Thailand they lock your car wheel and you must pay to free it. A lot more efficient than a stupid fine sent by post that nobody will pay.

There is only one problem with this plan. The Thais are not JAPANESE!!! The Japanese actually follow laws, almost to a fault and they respect each other and the law. Sorry Thailand, you can copy almost anything, but you can't copy respect and morals. Those must be lived.

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Happiness is touted as some sort of goal these days. Gotta be pumped full of dopamine 24/7. What I don't understand is why don't they just start shooting up heroin, that's the quickest way.

How about some pride in skills, results of hard work, research and further education instead of faux bliss.

Exactly. Any idiot can be happy, whatever that means. I suppose the way here, though, is to focus on happy and supplement a healthy dose of false pride. 

Head up high, chest out, nose in the air. Proud just for the sake of it. No accomplishment to speak of. 

Follow laws ha ha . Get a proper police force 1st

Follow Japanese traffic laws - that will reduce accidents, Thais urged

bkk.jpg.1620f6b84c48989ccf4b35858988590d.jpg
FILE photo

Thailand is turning to Japan to try and reduce the appalling death toll on its roads.

Government officials think that by implementing Japanese rules and regulations they can make the Thais a more responsible law abiding race. 

Harsher punishments, a strict points system for driving offences and serious licence removal for offenders is at the heart of the plans proposed by the Communications Ministry. 

Citing Thai Post the ryt9.com site quoted communications deputy Jirut Wisanjit as saying that the Japanese model of law enforcement was what was needed to help solve the crisis on Thailand's roads. 

By following the Japanese's strict adherence to the law the Thais would be inspired to be more responsible and this would lead to less accidents. 

The implementation of stricter measures regarding the points system and removal of licences was seen as vital. 

The Japanese model could see Thailand taking away licences for six moths, one year, three years and permanently in some cases. 

Thaivisa notes that the website did not mention the thorny issue at the heart of adopting any new legislation - enforcement.

Source: RTY9

thai%2Bvisa_news.jpg&key=07605ee8009e033e42aebb80e2dcd682bb500b914912a36112e686ab3ed5fbdc -- [emoji2398] Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-08 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info

Sent from my SM-A510F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thais can't even enforce their immigration laws, much less come up with fair and balanced ones...don't even get started on asking thais to wear helmets unlike in Vietnam. 

8 hours ago, Youlike said:

While in Tokyo i saw the Japanese police writing tickets every day again for cars parked on the road....

I have never ever seen that in Thailand.

Without real police Thailand will always stay what it is now....a very dangerous place to be on the roads.

"I have never ever seen that in Thailand."

Maybe because Thailand doesn't have "Traffic Wardens" - a sort of police force dedicated to giving people tickets for illegal parking. There again, where I live, I've never seen a car park, so the only option is to park "on the road"!

This sounds like some top police brass wanting to get over to Japan for some serious drinking and R&R, as simple as that, they love to get some serious public spending money and get out of the office on a big all expenses paid holliday.

8 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I actually must applaud the Thai for looking outside their borders - something which very rarely happens. 

However, their arrogance always manages to show. As if the only issue was that they weren't following the optimal laws. 

Ridiculous arrogance. There are deep, fundamental issues with Thai society that contribute to the Thai roads. 

1. Poor education which affects everything from terrible road design to poor lighting and signage. 

2. Selfishness which leads to 'me first' mentality. 

3. Class hierarchy which encourages 'more important' people to drive more recklessly.

Others

Poor Education in schools, poor education from Government, poor education from Police enforcement and NO education from parents - the root cause of the current youth driving and other social problems.

It wont matter what countries laws they implement.

If you cant drive, you cant drive and that's it

They need to implement driving courses that actually teach people how to drive before giving them a license to kill

Let's start with bringing the Thai police up to Japanese standards. Unless and until that happens (and it won't), changing the rules won't have any effect, due to a chronic lack of enforcement thereof.

30 minutes ago, Peterbkk99 said:

Morons behind the wheel of Mercedes and BMWs are among the worst. Tailgating everybody at high speed,  20cm behind the car in front. Idiots.

Yeah, see it regularly. Whenever that happens I just drive slower. Cretins. 

Archived