Trump tax returns from 1985 to 1994 show $1 billion in losses - New York Times

webfact

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

We have already found evidence of tax evasion crimes in his past, although they are beyind the statute of limitations, we already know he is guilty if crimes, but you deperately need to set the goalposts at actual convictions not merely his proven criminal activity, right?  You're a cool guy.

I guess it depends on what you mean by tax evasion. If tax fraud was committed, there is no statute of limitations. 

9 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I guess it depends on what you mean by tax evasion. If tax fraud was committed, there is no statute of limitations. 

It depends on the specific tax fraud law that was broken, some are state law with varying lengths of limitation set by the state, while others are federal law with some having limitation and others not, but most are limited to 3 years for criminal conviction but none for the collection of the unpaid taxes.  Trump and his siblings owe rather a lot of inheritence tax, they may manage to collect it for the American people, or they might not, we'll see, but New York state are closing in on him, they'll get him for one of his crimes.

3 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Actually, he’s ALL warts. Unless one considers racism, misogyny, gluttony, extreme narcissism, uncontrollable penchant for lying, treason, greed, adultery, incompetence, vindictiveness, corruption, homophobia, egomaniacleness, pettiness, cruelty, cowardice, impulsiveness, childish nickname-slinging fatuousness, demagoguery, snowflakery, solipsistic imbecility, shamelessness, fickleness, dishonesty and (have I left anything out?) capriciousness to be attractive features. 

Very good list, but you missed 'DRAFT DODGER'.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In your opinion. In my opinion and in the opinion of many, Trump is doing a good job on the economy.

Hmmm, yes the economy and jobs...because that's really all Trump has.  But what has Trump really done?  His one legislative achievement was the huge corporate tax cut which ballooned the deficit.  The economy was already recovering under Obama.  The tax cut gave us a sugar high but as usual, we overpaid for it (i.e., massive deficit).  Most of the regulations he's cut were there to protect workers and the environment.  So it's debatable if that's a good thing.  About the only things that Trump can fully take credit for are these nutty tariffs, like the one he just put on the Chinese.  Is that going to help the economy?     

As for jobs, I defer to this article....

[Though Trump has leaned heavily on claims that he is infusing company after company with new jobs, there’s reason to be skeptical. According to a report from ProPublica, the president is only responsible for 0.008 percent of the jobs he claims to have created, or 797 out of the 8.9 million jobs he’s said are on the way.]

[Many of the new jobs Trump claims to have created were never actually created. Others were created, but not because of anything Trump did; they’d already been planned before he took office.]

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-jobs-creation-832876/

Not surprising as we know Trump takes credit for stuff he had nothing to do with.  It's been like that his entire presidency.

1 minute ago, pedro01 said:

It's a great story.

Go to 1:00 minute in where he discusses being billions in debt and still managing to turn that around.

It's the American dream, right?

Does he talk about the hundreds of millions daddy gave him to bail him out time and again? For Trump and the Republicans the American dream is to be born rich and inherit lots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

It's a great story.

Go to 1:00 minute in where he discusses being billions in debt and still managing to turn that around.

It's the American dream, right?

Except he was not really ever billions in debt, his investors, banks and bonds owners were billions down in their piss poor investments in Trump, but these debts were then written off, which is clearly a very different thing to, "I fought back, and I won, legally."

Is it the American dream to go bankrupt and then pretend that bankruptcy is some sort of great financial achievement?

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If he does "making America less relevant by the day" come true, that would probably be a good thing for many other countries in the world.

Always look on the bright side of life.

Well, I think it was inevitable regardless. No doubt America is becoming less relevant by the day. It may or may not be a good thing. When we had past presidents with even tiny moral compasses, there was somewhat of a counterbalance between the truly heinous agendas of both China and Russia. Now? There is no moral compass. 

But, in the long run, the decline of American empire will benefit the planet. It has already been happening for some time. 

On 5/8/2019 at 4:19 PM, TopDeadSenter said:

This has descended into pure comedy. For 3 years it's been bash bash moan whine and more bash. They said we KNOW Trump was avoiding taxes. And now it has been shown he did not avoid taxes, he in fact lost a whole heap of money. The exact 180 degree opposite of what the haters had been claiming. And yep, you know it. They will now do the bash, whine and moan because he lost money. There is just no pleasing some people. This is the 2nd nothing burger in a month after the Russia collusion hoax deflated more spectacularly than the Hindenburg.

I hope Trump takes his this chance to get his ducks in a row so when he leaves office he can swell his bank accounts. I really appreciate his sacrifice taking time away from the cut and thrust of international business to Make America Great Again. If he can trouser a few dollars in the meantime so much the better. Not as if the haters are going to ask for any more tax returns!

It must be obvious to even the most feeble minded that the NYT has become nothing more than an anti Trump propaganda rag, willing to print "facts" from "unnamed" sources; and then failing to apologies when those facts are shown to be malicious untruths.

• Like 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Well, I think it was inevitable regardless. No doubt America is becoming less relevant by the day. It may or may not be a good thing. When we had past presidents with even tiny moral compasses, there was somewhat of a counterbalance between the truly heinous agendas of both China and Russia. Now? There is no moral compass. 

But, in the long run, the decline of American empire will benefit the planet. It has already been happening for some time. 

Not that our preference means anything to the eventual outcome, but of the budding contenders to replace the US, which would you be ok with?  Speculating on Joint Venture partnerships is reasonable. 

9 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

It must be obvious to even the most feeble minded that the NYT has become nothing more than an anti Trump propaganda rag, willing to print "facts" from "unnamed" sources; and then failing to apologies when those facts are shown to be malicious untruths.

Only the feeble minded would claim such a thing.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Oh really?  Like he woukdn't have sued them if he could, did he?  No, but he has sued Duetsche Bank to try to stop them releasing his dodgy dealings in their subpoenas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, olfu said:

I wish I can brag about loosing 1 billion and my name Sleek Willy.

Shame Trump didn't brag about it, it may have been his first honest move in office, but of course he instead chose to call his tax return a, "highly organised fake news hit job".

2 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Not that our preference means anything to the eventual outcome, but of the budding contenders to replace the US, which would you be ok with?  Speculating on Joint Venture partnerships is reasonable. 

The only conceivable contender right now is Biden. He is a really good man, with scruples, integrity, and he is smart and experienced. I would trust him as a leader, and I think he could earn back the respect of so many nations, that have virtually cast the US aside, and now consider us useless. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, keemapoot said:

You know the really funny thing? Most of the Trump supporters are the opposite of Trump. They are honest hard working (working class mostly). And, all of the Republicans I know who are wealthy are merely tolerating this abomination of a President, but anyone of intelligence and education does not buy into his con. 

And, as you say, I too, have never met a Trump supporter who had much to his name. The most disenfranchised and struggling seem to be his most ardent supporters. And yet, he has done nothing really to help them other than reaffirm the great white hope and get the borders blocked.

His base are the Idiot White Evangelicals. Uneducated, racist, Pro-fetus, mouth breathers. He deceives and plays them like a fiddle of gold and they are the group who VOTE. 

Promising to overturn Roe v Wade and appointing ultra Right-wing nut, Bible before the law, Judges and Justices was all they needed to hear. The insults and racism were a bonus which got them really excited. 

Hillary never stood a chance against that. 

Edited by Skeptic7

4 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Does he talk about the hundreds of millions daddy gave him to bail him out time and again? For Trump and the Republicans the American dream is to be born rich and inherit lots.

The fairy tale: Dad gave me only 1 million to start and I made a fortune out of it.

The real story: Dad gave me 100 millions and I lost 1.8 billions. ????

• Like 2

On 5/8/2019 at 4:19 PM, TopDeadSenter said:

This has descended into pure comedy. For 3 years it's been bash bash moan whine and more bash. They said we KNOW Trump was avoiding taxes. And now it has been shown he did not avoid taxes, he in fact lost a whole heap of money. The exact 180 degree opposite of what the haters had been claiming. And yep, you know it. They will now do the bash, whine and moan because he lost money. There is just no pleasing some people. This is the 2nd nothing burger in a month after the Russia collusion hoax deflated more spectacularly than the Hindenburg.

I hope Trump takes his this chance to get his ducks in a row so when he leaves office he can swell his bank accounts. I really appreciate his sacrifice taking time away from the cut and thrust of international business to Make America Great Again. If he can trouser a few dollars in the meantime so much the better. Not as if the haters are going to ask for any more tax returns!

He wrote down losses to avoid paying taxes ???? wake up

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Jack100 said:

I see incredible similarities between the way Trump operates and a certain Captain Bob Maxwell used to all those years ago .

I hope it doesn't end the the same way . !

It would be quite a fluke, he fell off his boat, there is no indication it was suicide if that is what you are implying, most likely he had a heart attack, but to be honest I hope it doesn't go that way either, much too fast.

• Like 1

Guest Jerry787

this is the fellow that will make america great again and wish to teach everybody on the globe....
1 Billion losses at the tax payer cost.