Retirement: 3 months seasonal

I went yesterday to my immigration office In Nakhon Si Thammarat (for my 90 days )....and they have told me , That the money need to be : 3 months before and 3 months after on my account

when I said that Bangkok write : 2 months  ! they answer me that it is only for new application ! 

• Like 2

We need to make a list of offices which are ignoring the rule-change of 3 mo seasoning to 2 mo for subsequent extensions.  Many evidently feel any change which "makes things easier" on applicants is a bad thing, so are only willing to enforce the new parts that make qualifying more difficult.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glegolo said:

so you went there to do a 90 day report and they suddenly started a topic of money seasoned..... why?????

glegolo

Do you think the op may have asked them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, glegolo said:

so you went there to do a 90 day report and they suddenly started a topic of money seasoned..... why?????

glegolo

He probably wanted to be prepared for his local office's "interpretations of the rules" when time for his next extension. 

Of course, they could change their minds a dozen times between now and then, but it's still the closest thing to "solid info on what will be needed" he/we can get.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

let me state for PHUKET<
its 800,000 2 months before, 3 after and than never less than 400,000

i got it in writing...

Yep...I was in Phuket before, they almost always follow the Bankgok requirements, now I am here in NST province; and they do what they want even if you show them a piece of paper in Thai. 

Edited by Mamasun
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

let me state for PHUKET<

i got it in writing...

Given the new order was printed we all have it in writing... But...  :coffee1:

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Given the new order was printed we all have it in writing... But...  :coffee1:

I meant i went to immigration in Phuket and got it in writing from the head guy there..

with his sig, so no doubt they will honor the rules

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

He probably wanted to be prepared for his local office's "interpretations of the rules" when time for his next extension. 

Of course, they could change their minds a dozen times between now and then, but it's still the closest thing to "solid info on what will be needed" he/we can get.

I wanna say, there was another thread almost exactly like this the other day, with the poster saying they were being told 3 months seasoning prior, not two... I wanna say, from memory, that was coming out of Chiang Mai....  And Joe's response in the thread was that the IO there was applying the wrong rule.

• Confused 1

In the first few months of the new rules, I can see confusion and concern.  However, after that does it really make a difference?  As long as you know that it is either 2 or 3 months, just plan on 3.  I would think that 99% of the people who have 800k could put it the bank one extra month with out issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

well they can do what they want obviously but i always leave happy in the knowledge that i'll be heading poolside to crack open a cold one whilst they'll be stuck there, behind that desk, for a long long time.. 55555

and the fact that we are probably far wealthier and retired=resentment

Edited by malibukid

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

well they can do what they want obviously but i always leave happy in the knowledge that i'll be heading poolside to crack open a cold one whilst they'll be stuck there, behind that desk, for a long long time.. 55555

They're ok with that, they can (and often do) sit on the same desk for their entire career and not get bored.

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

In the first few months of the new rules, I can see confusion and concern.  However, after that does it really make a difference?  As long as you know that it is either 2 or 3 months, just plan on 3.  I would think that 99% of the people who have 800k could put it the bank one extra month with out issue.

That is not the point. There are people who go to do their extension who've read the rules but don't read TVF. Also, why should they season for 3 months when they are abiding by the rules which state 2 months, everybody isn't as rich as you, obviously.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2019 at 9:14 AM, bkk6060 said:

Maybe he was actually taking the initiative and asking his office what the requirements are.

Something that 99% of the expats do not do, then come on here or there and complain when the office rules do not meet their needs.

You mean when different IOs and officers have their own different rules. This is Thailand.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:27 AM, phuketrichard said:

let me state for PHUKET<

i got it in writing...

Yes, and next week it may be in another officers writing, different from what you got the previous week.????