Udomsuk - any interesting activities ?

unavailable

Living in udomsuk some time. Last days I started look around for any good evening activities with girlfriend. But unfortunatelly I cannot find anything.. anybody can recommend something ? Please dont say about restaurants and markets ???? anything else would be great 

• Like 1

When I lived there a few years ago there were a few places - pubs, shophouse drinking places - aimed at Thais, but they were welcoming to others. If you want something more 'mainstream' then the bright lights are 15 minutes away by BTS from Thong Lo onwards. But just saying you are looking for evening activities - not 'restaurants and markets' - is rather vague. What is it you are looking for, exactly?

It’s true, maybe I asked too wide. But also I didn’t want to suggest ???? in my mind was something like table tennis, indoor tennis/badminton, bowling, something like that ???? restaurants and cafes are plenty here, really not hard to find

Edited by unavailable

Would have helped to know if you identify as young or old and whether you are looking for social company 

Zinc 101 Bar and Grill at Soi 12, Sukhumvit 101/1 - 10 baht wings, 99 baht Jack Daniels every Wednesday.  2 pool tables, Farang owner, friendly Thai/Farang crowd.

Fifty Five Udomsuk down Udom Suk Road.

101 The Third Place - The new Mall and co-working space(s) between Punnawitti BTS and Udomsuk BTS has a bar, there is also the largest Virgin Active Gym in Bangkok there with an indoor running track and loads of the best equipment.

If you are into Tennis there is Rung Sang Tennis Courts http://www.rungsangtenniscourt.com/

Or jump on the BTS and go to Phra Khanong and go to W District to enjoy some cold beers, a choice of International food and a cool vibe from all the people relaxing there.

For a bit of culture check out Muangboran, The world‘s largest private outdoor museum - https://www.muangboranmuseum.com/en/   Not in UdomSuk but not far away on the BTS.

You could also get out to Rama IX Park out near Srinakarin.  It's a very big park and a nice place to go for a run or a walk - Use Google Translate on the website - http://suanluangrama9.or.th/

Edited by seancbk

On 5/10/2019 at 8:27 PM, seancbk said:

You could also get out to Rama IX Park out near Srinakarin.  It's a very big park and a nice place to go for a run or a walk - Use Google Translate on the website - http://suanluangrama9.or.th/

Also nearby is Nong Bon a park just north of Rama IX park.  Great for riding bikes and running with a 4km path around it.  They were doing construction so not sure if the full path is open or not.  

I agree with Sean on Zinc Bar on 101/1 great crowd of lads, down to earth and the owners Dan and Nui are guaranteed to make you feel at home

On the left about 200 yds past soi 5 on 101/1. there a beer garden with music. 

Snooker is on Udom Suk soi 7 100 yds in on the left

Cheap Charlies is now in soi 50 at On Nut Bts

Udom Suk 24 or just before there are several karaoke but a bit rough better one is just past soi 29 on the left

Or if none of that suits Aunt Meg does one plain one purl knitting classes in soi 214 :0)

On 5/10/2019 at 3:27 PM, PhilippBKK said:

Buy yourself an ice cold Leo and sit in front of your closest 7 Eleven.

It will be great, trust me....????

Would beat the heck out of a warm one, but we can't really expect pubs to serve ice cold beers, here.  They have only had refrigeration in LOS for 83 years.  

Edited by moontang