No rental contract. How does that affect registering address with police?

I live in my own home which is in my GF's name. I pay no rent, have no contract, but am in the process of trying to acquire an usufruct. In the meantime, I am required to report my new address (TM28) since I have moved. Is the lack of any type of contract a problem? Do I need a letter from the owner (GF) stating that I live rent free, along with the house book photocopy and her ID?

Along the same lines, I have a lease on a house which runs for 3 more years, which I have now moved from, but have permission from the owner in my contract to sublet. Based upon that, can I give the renter some sort of documentation so that he can register his new address?

Thanks in advance...

Your girlfriend can write a statement that you are living with her and attach signed copies of her house book and ID card to it for you to use instead of a rental agreement.

You could do a rental agreement with the person renting your leased house and attach a copy for the lease for it to prove you have authority to sublet it.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your girlfriend can write a statement that you are living with her and attach signed copies of her house book and ID card to it for you to use instead of a rental agreement.

You could do a rental agreement with the person renting your leased house and attach a copy for the lease for it to prove you have authority to sublet it.

Nice. Thanks, Joe. Sort of what I expected, but nice to have it confirmed.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This is similar to what I once did.

Girlfriend acts as house master.

There is no rental contract for me, as far as immigration are concerned I'm living her house - they don't care about how she rents or owns it. I live there and she signs that, simple. Hua Hin immigration office.

8 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Nice. Thanks, Joe. Sort of what I expected, but nice to have it confirmed.

Can I come in here please? UbonJoe. If I was returning to my house from another province in the future, then I can report to my local police station with signed copies of my wifes housebook and ID card within 24 hours?

I would be living in the house which is in my wifes name, and paying no rent. If this is the case, then is there any chance the police could refuse this?

16 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Can I come in here please? UbonJoe. If I was returning to my house from another province in the future, then I can report to my local police station with signed copies of my wifes housebook and ID card within 24 hours?

The local police might not accept a TM30 form or might not know what it is for. The rules state the police can do it if there is not a immigration office with the area which is interpreted to mean the province.

Same for a TM28 which immigration seldom enforces since it is almost impossible to do. They only want them for a change of address.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The local police might not accept a TM30 form or might not know what it is for. The rules state the police can do it if there is not a immigration office with the area which is interpreted to mean the province.

Same for a TM28 which immigration seldom enforces since it is almost impossible to do. They only want them for a change of address.

OK. Thanks Joe.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I went to Immigration in Samui yesterday to get a TM28 form. They had no idea what I was talking about. Since I have to renew my extension next week, I'm just going to submit the documents relevant to my new address instead of trying to figure this craziness out.

We also found in our mailbox yesterday a 4-5 page document from some officialdom advising my GF about registering a farang living on the premises with screen captures of the relevant web pages and instructions about how to do it. She was shocked/appalled. Then I explained to her that it's nothing compared to the way they treat farangs vis-a-vis 90-day reporting, financial requirements, etc. She's much more appreciative of the problem from my side now.