Tourist Visa - staying in an apartment

We visit here often and stay for 60 days with a Tourist Visa. We have to go home for family and business for a month or so, then return.

We have leased apartments long term for our accommodation.

Do we need to register our address with immigration other than showing it on entry? The question arises because we do not stay in a hotel and as things seem to be tighter I need good advice from someone like UbonJoe who seems to have vast knowledge of all the nuances of Thai Immigration.

1 hour ago, Patong2 said:

Do we need to register our address with immigration other than showing it on entry?

Good question P2 and I do have some knowledge of that particular area so I will share it with you.........

I have stayed in the same apartment for around six years now, so have never changed address and my address is registered with immigration.

Last year I returned from New Zealand to stay in the same apartment and was told I had to go to report to immigration as I had returned from overseas, so I went to the Patong office and asked what was needed and they said, "nothing to do", so I didn't.

Then later when I was getting my retirement extension at the Phuket office the IO admonished me for not reporting after I had returned from NZ, so I told him that I had been to Patong immigration and they said it wasn't necessary, and he clearly stated that it was necessary and that they had been wrong, however he did fix/stamp whatever was needed and all seemed okay.

As someone has said, it seems to be a fairly "loose" arrangement and some offices enforce and others don't, however the form I have just collected from Patong immigration suggests that when I come back in from my next trip I will need to get the householders/owners details and signature (including a copy of the owner's ID card) on a piece of paper along with a copy of my passport and Visa as well as a copy of the rental agreement!!

And of course my details.

IMO it's a pain in the proverbial.

PS. Will be interesting to see what UbonJoe says

Thanks for that Xylophone

We are the same, I have never bothered before but seems like there are regular re-readings or re-interpreting of the laws on reporting so I would prefer to make sure we comply as it is not a big problem.

Logically the notification on arrival of your intended address should suffice.