Exiting Thailand

Hi Lads:

Just a quickie question.

I'll be leaving the country soon for a short vacation just as my Non-B (Work Permit) comes to an end. Someone informed me yesterday that i had to show receipts for my tax payments to Immigration upon exit at the airport? Is this really true? In fact my employer hasn't even given me any doc. to pay it yet.

Cheers

Edited by stevesuphan

I presume you will be leaving with a re-entry permit and coming back.

They may ask for one if you don't have a re-entry permit to come back in but having said that I have never been asked yet for tax receipts on my way out. However this is Thailand so I wouldn't put anything past them. Sometimes it just boils down to the luck of the drawer and if you have little miss pedantic sat at the booth on your way out.

Edited by Casanundra

I concur with Casanundra.

Luckily the tax clearance certificate was abolished a number of years ago.

I you are not coming back you may want to talk to the tax office and tell them that you are leaving.

This way you can then complete your PND90/91 in Jan next year a get your excess tax refunded.

You will need to register for the online filing and keep a bank account open for them to pay the money into. You can then get it the next time you are in Thailand.

I would keep a bank a/c open with THB1,000 in it to ensure that if you come back you can still use it.

If you leave before March 31, 2007, then they would only be interested in "tax paid" receipts for the year 2005 (which you would have paid last year in 2006). So, if you did your Thai tax return in 2006, I would take along a copy of your paid receipt, just to be safe. I've heard of it happening, so I do. Would hate to miss my flight for such a little item lacking.