Extension of Stay, Jomtien Office, Today 10 May

22 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, I am still a little confused. Did they give you a separate date to come and show your bank book (on the leaflet) or the same date on the leaflet as when your next 90 day is due?

You do your 90 address reporting as before. 

You also need to take your updated bank book for them to check you haven't gone below the 800k minimum level 90 days after you applied for the extension. That date was stamped on the advice letter they gave me as posted in earlier comments. So 2 different visits. 

I told them I would not be in Thailand on the date shown for the bank book check and they said just bring the book in when I get back to Thailand but it must show 800k for at least 3 months after my application date. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

You do your 90 address reporting as before. 

You also need to take your updated bank book for them to check you haven't gone below the 800k minimum level 90 days after you applied for the extension. That date was stamped on the advice letter they gave me as posted in earlier comments. So 2 different visits. 

I told them I would not be in Thailand on the date shown for the bank book check and they said just bring the book in when I get back to Thailand but it must show 800k for at least 3 months after my application date. 

Yes, thats what I thought and as others have reported but the OP was saying, early in the thread, to show bank book at next 90 day report. one visit.

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, thats what I thought and as others have reported but the OP was saying, early in the thread, to show bank book at next 90 day report. one visit.

I'm the OP.  Those were the words used by the IO, but as UbonJoe points out, the reporting date is actually on the form she gave me.  I think she meant that I report in 90 days, not that I produce it at my normal 90 day report date. It's confusing enough for us, never mind the IO speaking in a foreign language. So I am afraid that it is two visits. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2019 at 2:23 AM, Pilotman said:

True enough, but we seem quite lucky with the Jomtien office, others seem to have real nightmares with their local office. CM comes to mind. What with the air pollution issues and immigration problems, it makes me wonder why anyone would choose to live in CM. 

Pattaya and Bangkok is expensive, CM is cheap. 

THANKS for the report, it's a little soothing as I will be in almost the EXACT same situation next month - Jomtien immigration, multiple extensions previously based on income method, money seasoned over two months but not three months. Instead of a letter from a wife (of which I have none) will a TM30 suffice for proof of address?

On 5/11/2019 at 10:12 AM, fulhamster said:

So how does this 90 day rule with bank books apply to Agent-sourced visas ?

Or is this a silly question ?

I can't say I have heard other than the agent will 'take care of it'...

8 hours ago, Benroon said:

Which is why its useful to have a thai with you as discussed ????

Not at all, my wife could start an argument in an empty room and even a simple yes/no option involves discussion, confusion, needless rambling and ending up not knowing which option she went for!  

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2019 at 1:24 PM, Pilotman said:

I have never had any issue with translation, or in being understood and all the docs you have to deal with are in Thai and English.  Most of the IOs seem to have excellent English speaking skills.  I think it's more about their lack of confidence in dealing with Thai authorities than it is a real need to have a fluent Thai speaker in attendance. I think they slow things down, not speed things up and they sure as hell occupy too many seats in a restricted area.  

But don't forget that those applying for marriage extensions will need to be accompanied by their good lady Thai wives in any event!

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2019 at 12:02 PM, pontious said:

Any reports on retirement using monthly income method shown leniency.?

Answer my own question. Went to Jomtien today for 90 day report.

Asked the pre - checker { the pregnant one } that I will only have 10 transfers when I next renew in October. She showed me an example of the bank statement that has been published else where here. She said it would have to be a total of at least 800,000 Baht. That is not what the rules say but hey - it is there train set.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:57 AM, kinyara said:

Did mine about 1 hour after Pilotman yesterday, I wish they would stop anyone who is not actually submitting any form of application from entering the front door. The amount of partners/families walking around like headless chickens contributing nothing to the process really clogs the place up and adds to the general chaos in there. Yesterday was the worst Id experienced in 3 years. I was expecting it to be quiet but contrary to the Thai Visa doom merchants predicting a mass exodus due to new income rules they were still queuing in their droves to stay in Thailand.

I was thinking the same thing when I was waiting for my turn last week. It is not only the space, but these women kept interrupting the staff who were trying to work.

A P.S. to this post.  I went on Monday to collect my passport.  I was told to be there at or after 2pm, but arrived at 1pm.  No body waiting ahead of me and I was out the building in 5 minutes,.  Clearly the '2pm' is flexible. It did all make me wonder why people find the need to use agents.  The two visits took a total time in immigration of less than 40 minutes, and the process was quick and easy.  Why pay an agent to do such a simple task, unless of course you have wads of cash and don't care about the odd 15,000, or whatever number of thousands it costs.   

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Why pay an agent to do such a simple task, unless of course you have wads of cash and don't care about the odd 15,000, or whatever number of thousands it costs.   

They pay agents because they don't have wads of cash.  like an 800k wad.

If you do have 800k then an agent will charge 7k all in.

6 minutes ago, yodsak said:

They pay agents because they don't have wads of cash.  like an 800k wad.

If you do have 800k then an agent will charge 7k all in.

does that 7,000 include the 1,900 extension fee, or is that just the agents fee?   

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

does that 7,000 include the 1,900 extension fee, or is that just the agents fee?   

yes inclusive,  5k service fee.    tik tok pattaya.  

You did your visa low season, it's pandemonium soi 5 in high season.  

18 hours ago, yodsak said:

yes inclusive,  5k service fee.    tik tok pattaya.  

You did your visa low season, it's pandemonium soi 5 in high season.  

You make a good point about the timing of visa renewal. I never even considered it when I did my initial retirement visa but I’d recommend anyone doing it now to retire in August or September ????. I got reasonably lucky without thinking by being a May retiree. 

Can only imagine how busy the place is Jan-March time.

6 minutes ago, kinyara said:

retire in August or September ????. I got reasonably lucky without thinking by being a May retiree. 

Yes, I thought of that and chose September, but I did the actual extension near the end of the 90 days my Non-Imm-O entry gave me.... late December! Ten years I have been doing packed soi 5 renewals. Tempted to reset that by renewing into passport that doesn't have a full year left on it. 

Yes, I thought of that and chose September, but I did the actual extension near the end of the 90 days my Non-Imm-O entry gave me.... late December! Ten years I have been doing packed soi 5 renewals. Tempted to reset that by renewing into passport that doesn't have a full year left on it. 
Exactly what I am planning to do. My passport expires at the end of August. I will be locking myself into an Aug renewal cycle.

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Lol, yeah of course I must have started the pre retirement 90 Feb time.  You have my sympathies ????

8 minutes ago, kinyara said:

You make a good point about the timing of visa renewal. I never even considered it when I did my initial retirement visa but I’d recommend anyone doing it now to retire in August or September ????. I got reasonably lucky without thinking by being a May retiree. 

Can only imagine how busy the place is Jan-March time.

Although chaotic in high season, I do mine in March, I haven't found it to be too much of a problem as the majority are there for things other than retirement extensions.  The only niggle is having to wait in a queue to get your number.  It was better in the old days when you pressed the button yourself, but that clearly doesn't work when many arrive with wrong or inadequate documents and have to be sent away to get them.

• Like 1

I keep looking at that empty block of land across the road from the Jomtien Office that is being used as a car park and thinking what a great state of the art new centre they could make there that would meet current and future demands. They could even keep the current office and make it specific for certain renewals that match its size capabilities.

I guess that land is probably worth a fortune. Rompho market when the bars eventually close ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I keep looking at that empty block of land across the road from the Jomtien Office that is being used as a car park and thinking what a great state of the art new centre they could make there that would meet current and future demands. They could even keep the current office and make it specific for certain renewals that match its size capabilities.

I guess that land is probably worth a fortune. Rompho market when the bars eventually close ?

Well soi 5 is relatively new itself. They could expand into the parking area directly in front of the current building and and make their staff park in that car park across the street. 

If they want to make a new state of the art building I might suggest to sell the current location for a fortune to a condo/hotel developer, and build new further out of town, where it is easier to get to, closer to Sukhumvit and the motorway, in a place that doesn't end up a foot under water when it rains heavily!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

..., and build new further out of town, where it is easier to get to, closer to Sukhumvit and the motorway, in a place that doesn't end up a foot under water when it rains heavily!

"further out of town" and "easier to get to" are contradictory for most of us!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bazle said:

the further the better for me.  I hate that drive into Jomtien from the east. I do realise that Pattaya dwellers would not be best pleased. 

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

Not me, as I live errr.... further out of town! Jomtiem is hardly central to Chonburi.

• Like 1

Hi. Made my Retirement Extension yesterday at Jomtien. Went 2pm; no queue at reception and only 1 person in front of me who was finishing. As usual very easy and less than 5 minutes in the office :smile:

Nothing changed; the same set of documents I provide every year:

• TM.8 filled, with photo, signature and phone number,
  • Embassy Letter,
  • usual copies of important pages in Passport.

No question about

• Money, income, pension...
  • TM.30 (not required here for retirees)
  • Heal Insurance ...

:cool:

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Nothing changed; the same set of documents I provide every year:

• TM.8 filled, with photo, signature and phone number,
  • Embassy Letter,
  • usual copies of important pages in Passport.

No question about

• Money, income, pension...
  • TM.30 (not required here for retirees)
  • Heal Insurance ...

Thanks for report

embassy Letter- What country?

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps TM 7 not TM 8. That is to get a re-entry permit.

Yes, of course, you are right. 

TM.7: "Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom"

Too late to make the correction in my post though  ????