Retirement Visa under the radar.

dallen52

On 5/13/2019 at 9:06 PM, dallen52 said:

Having seen the agents work and the simplicity of their operations, and more recently one chap who actually fronted JI when I was there, and openly said that he didn't have the required 800k, but he has this.  (And showed a bundle of 1000 baht notes, and was told to wait.)

I'm starting to think seriously about a 15,000 annual payment that leaves your financial capital unlocked. 

We will all either survive, or sink together. 

If that really works you may want to cut out the agent and have a go at it yourself.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Pilotman said:

whatever you care to believe mate. 

This is Thailand. TIT.

Where money talks.

And s#it walks.

As the saying goes. 

Putting it simply for those who are challenged,  or just like to whinge at every post, the officially appointed government representatives make many things ok, for a price. 

The fact that they can make it ok indicates there is flexibility in the laws..

(For a price)

1 minute ago, dallen52 said:

This is Thailand. TIT.

Where money talks.

And s#it walks.

As the saying goes. 

Putting it simply for those who are challenged,  or just like to whinge at every post, the officially appointed government representatives make many things ok, for a price. 

The fact that they can make it ok indicates there is flexibility in the laws..

(For a price)

yes, until there isn't. The problem with circumventing laws with the aid of officials, is that when they get caught, as they often do, you get screwed as well.  It happens. 

14 hours ago, fhickson said:

If that really works you may want to cut out the agent and have a go at it yourself.

One BIG difference. 

Using the agents to facilitate the extension negates the bank account side of things. 

A DIY job means putting the 800k in the bank and then retaining the balance for the prescribed time. 

Fair enough, 1900 -v- 15,000, but no collateral tied up.

And as many now say,  with volatility in exchange rates and the military led government, some people don't want to (or cannot) take the front door option. 

1 minute ago, dallen52 said:

One BIG difference. 

Using the agents to facilitate the extension negates the bank account side of things. 

A DIY job means putting the 800k in the bank and then retaining the balance for the prescribed time. 

Fair enough, 1900 -v- 15,000, but no collateral tied up.

And as many now say,  with volatility in exchange rates and the military led government, some people don't want to (or cannot) take the front door option. 

Sorry mate, it doesn't 'negate' the requirement, it evades the law, not the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

yes, until there isn't. The problem with circumventing laws with the aid of officials, is that when they get caught, as they often do, you get screwed as well.  It happens. 

I'm sure that it will one day, but people who live in other parts of Thailand look at Jomtien immigration with envy.

Its not a secret what happens. 

Probably same some other places too.

We all choose to live here.

Spend our money here.

Support families etc. etc.

But not everyone is cashed up enough for the 800k method tied up in a bank account. 

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Sorry mate, it doesn't 'negate' the requirement, it evades the law, not the same thing. 

Oh well. 

Each to their own. 

I've done it the  front office desk way. 

But I'm inclined towards considering the desk 8 way...

The law and Thailand are two different entities. 

(Sorry to say that, but its true)

As many people have found out, when you try to argue about Thai law with an official. 

We are all guests here.

As long as they allow us. 

i have said this before the reason immi likes agents is that they get a payday, all you so called *look at me  millionaires* they dont earn one baht,  some time ago, they got 9000 baht from an agent for every customer, (probably more now) and she has got 600 on her books, so . just stop spouting off, this whole country is corrupt, and if you had not noticed you have been living under a stone. or dont live here. if you want to keep 400,000 (£10,000) in a bank you cannot touch good for you, for what reason, they have not given an answer . still waiting.

So from the experience of some of you posters, what are the names of some Pattaya agents that deliver their promises, within the minimum of hassle.

Also interested to know if anyone has ever done a 'marriage extension' with an agent.

6 hours ago, thainet said:

So from the experience of some of you posters, what are the names of some Pattaya agents that deliver their promises, within the minimum of hassle.

Also interested to know if anyone has ever done a 'marriage extension' with an agent.

Google it.

Three or four will shoot up.

Speedy visa is good and well known. Soi Nern plub wan area. 

Another at South Pattaya near Big C.

Around the 15k mark.

One is advertising for around 11k.

Retirement extension only.

Soi 6 Queen Vic is expensive in comparison. (John)

Many use German John.

8 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Still on about the law?

I'm not a law breaker, but this is Thailand and if you can't beat them, join them. 

I have a thai friend who works for special ops.

Now thats the area where big coin is made.

They work in teams. 

All the way to the magistrates court. 

Its been said many times. 

If you have the folding stuff. 

Anything is possible. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 8:40 AM, skatewash said:

Here's my question.  Once you go do this route, using an agent to procure your extension of stay without meeting the financial requirements, can you go back to doing it the above-board way the next year?

No problem getting the first agent-procured extension of stay, apparently.  But if the next year you decide to do it yourself don't you get questioned about why you didn't have funds of 800,000 baht or more in your account for 3 months following your application for extension, never fall below 400,000 for the year, or have 800,000 baht or more for two months before your application.

In other words, once you go down this road aren't you stuck going down this road for the rest of your life.  If not, how do you get back into the mainstream.  Remember,  you won't have any agent to help you do this.

Been said and no doubt thought by others.

But in this economic climate and times of uncertainty,  why would you (assuming you can do) lock the funds and maintain a Thai bank balance?

15,000 baht retirement extensions using the agents and IO senior officials method is more appealing to many, no doubt. 

A Thai visa agent mailed me the other day (Bangkok based).

20,000  no banking,  no attendance at immigration. 

As they say,  "We sponsor you, and work with immigration".

But several good ones in Pattaya that work directly with immigration and around the 15,000 mark..

I used Cambodia travel on Soi Bukhow this year as I was surprised that the requirements changed for the U.S.& am flying out in 4 days. !3,800 +1500 1 time extension to get back in Thailand 1500 baht. You can do that yourself for 1000 baht after they hand you back your passport within a day & a half.

Copy of your passport. You get a total Que jump along with anyone doing the visa shuffle.2 minute wait a trip to Bangkok bank. They take care of the financial requirements. You go back & wait a day & a half stamps in book all legitimate. The only difference is you pay 11,900 baht more.It was easier than the 90 day report& you don't see immigration more than 10 minutes depends on how many in your group. I could have done it different but flying to Malaysia or where ever  after getting into Bangkok sucked & I can sort out next years paperwork when I have some time. I don't see any reason why if you meet the requirements to put the 800,00 back in your bank acct. you should easily be able to do your own yearly after using an agency.You know Thailand as long as the wheels are greased there are no squeaky wheels.everybody gets there kick & Happy Happy Joy Joy life goes on.

I was surprised how easy it was to do.really all they want to see for paperwork is either 800,000 in the bank or your monthly..... Or 400,000 &... if your married to a Thai.

I highly doubt anyone is going to cut each others throat as the funds then go away & why look a gift horse in the mouth. If your tired of getting burned for ATM withdrawals from you home country PM me I found a very wonderful online company that chargers me a fraction of what my bank in Thailand charges & my Citibank back home reams me for. compliments of an Australian Mate I met at the travel agency.Also as easy as the visa was!   ????

14 hours ago, Beardog said:

I used Cambodia travel on Soi Bukhow this year as I was surprised that the requirements changed for the U.S.& am flying out in 4 days. !3,800 +1500 1 time extension to get back in Thailand 1500 baht. You can do that yourself for 1000 baht after they hand you back your passport within a day & a half.

Copy of your passport. You get a total Que jump along with anyone doing the visa shuffle.2 minute wait a trip to Bangkok bank. They take care of the financial requirements. You go back & wait a day & a half stamps in book all legitimate. The only difference is you pay 11,900 baht more.It was easier than the 90 day report& you don't see immigration more than 10 minutes depends on how many in your group. I could have done it different but flying to Malaysia or where ever  after getting into Bangkok sucked & I can sort out next years paperwork when I have some time. I don't see any reason why if you meet the requirements to put the 800,00 back in your bank acct. you should easily be able to do your own yearly after using an agency.You know Thailand as long as the wheels are greased there are no squeaky wheels.everybody gets there kick & Happy Happy Joy Joy life goes on.

I was surprised how easy it was to do.really all they want to see for paperwork is either 800,000 in the bank or your monthly..... Or 400,000 &... if your married to a Thai.

I highly doubt anyone is going to cut each others throat as the funds then go away & why look a gift horse in the mouth. If your tired of getting burned for ATM withdrawals from you home country PM me I found a very wonderful online company that chargers me a fraction of what my bank in Thailand charges & my Citibank back home reams me for. compliments of an Australian Mate I met at the travel agency.Also as easy as the visa was!   ????

Great..

We all know the options. 

Maybe not everyone is in a position to self service, and put 800k in the bank account. 

Speedy visa in pattaya is another excellent service. 

Once on the desk 8 list at Jomtien immigration, all is good. 

15,000 was the last contribution required. 

2 day retirement extension service. 

It's all going through the front door at immigration, and on the computer system. 

Plus the stamps are legitimate. 

I went through Bangkok airport 6 days ago and even with biometrics now,  finger printing and facial recognition, coming in, everything is good..

(I didn't devalue the currency, but now have less to go around, so I have to make the best of the situation. 

I'm still supporting Thailand, a thai wife, and her 2 children from her previous marriage and husband, (one at high school), thai hubby legged it like many do, when she was pregnant, and found a younger model )

On 5/12/2019 at 9:00 AM, Jip99 said:

So, this is really new to you as well ?

Dodgy retirement extensions (they are not visas) have been available since forever. Apart from the occasional blip (like BJ's crackdown) this lucrative, and arguably illegal, practice continues unabated.

Exactly what blip was this? Always been business as usual to my knowledge.

On 6/16/2019 at 11:08 AM, rott said:

Exactly what blip was this? Always been business as usual to my knowledge.

Not quite usual....

A bit of nervousness, and personal appearances required, for a few days.

9 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Not quite usual....

A bit of nervousness, and personal appearances required, for a few days.

Yes. It appears that they want to see you  

Jomtien immigration take a snapshot, all of 20 seconds and bye bye.

Then you are on desk 8 books ..

They don't hide it.

They are just starting a record management system. 

Perhaps a friendly reminder next year? ????????????

Archived