Pompeo tells Russia - Don't meddle in next U.S. presidential election

webfact

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Somebody who once sent you an email wishing you good luck with your  search for a job is not a good friend.

To be fair, he did say silicone valley.  His friend is in the business of making mountains out of mole hills.

11 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Nope, only five results and they're all in French except for the 5th hit which is this very page. 

douche.PNG.27b81c3a796b44fba184253b2d931816.PNG

So it's a French term, which would mean... I guess... enlightened shower?  Trumpists need to do a better job of coining insults.

I don't care one way or the other but for kicks I tried spelling it correctly and got 1.56 million hits. But on the other hand, who cares?

Actually, I got 1.56 million something, as it was all in Thai since I'm using my wife's laptop.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Thanks 1

"I made clear to Foreign Minister Lavrov ... that interference in American elections is unacceptable. If the Russians were engaged in that in 2020, it would put our relationship in an even worse place than it has been," said Pompeo. "I'd encourage them not to do that. We would not tolerate that."

I do not believe they meddled, thinks Pompeo. My big boss says they did not meddle. His devotees believe they did not meddle. But Mueller, most of the American public, and 90% of the planet believes they did. I know they did. And I know Trump colluded. Without a doubt. But, I guess Pompeo felt the need to at least appear not to be Russian fealty, on the world stage, so they figured why not include one statement about meddling, just to hedge their bets. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

I don't care one way or the other but for kicks I tried spelling it correctly and got 1.56 million hits. But on the other hand, who cares?

I get tired of people here just being non-stop fountains of BS, so this kind of thing is useful for revealing posting sleaziness.

You probably searched without the quotes.  Doing that returns hundreds of thousands of hits but the two words can appear anywhere on the page and don't need to be next to each other.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, attrayant said:

I get tired of people here just being non-stop fountains of BS, so this kind of thing is useful for revealing posting sleaziness.

You probably searched without the quotes.  Doing that returns hundreds of thousands of hits but the two words can appear anywhere on the page and don't need to be next to each other.

Well now there is at least an entry in Google search, that's TVF!  Lol.

There are entries about a Dutch illuminati denoucing global elites, That's likely the origin of 'douche' illuminati. Ah! Ah!

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

But, I guess Pompeo felt the need to at least appear not to be Russian fealty, on the world stage, so they figured why not include one statement about meddling, just to hedge their bets. 

Putin might have been informed by BFF Trump by phone prior to meeting Pompeo of what Pompeo was going to say about Russian meddling. That way Putin can look calm and just refute as necessary.

Putin knows that in the US government there is just one person that matters - Trump.

Trump in November 2017:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/03/561797675/im-the-only-one-that-matters-trump-says-of-state-dept-job-vacancies

• "I'm the only one that matters" in setting U.S. foreign policy"
  • "Let me tell you, the one that matters is me,"
  • "I'm the only one that matters, because when it comes to it, that's what the policy is going to be.

7 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Pompeo is looking in the wrong place. I can see terrible meddling in the 2020 election, but none from Russia. I see the liberal elite headed by Zuckerberg and Dorsey blocking and banning middle of the road conservative voices, Trump's base. When I saw Paul Joseph Watson had been banned from Facebook although having broken no rules or laws and never calling for violence against anyone(although his detractors always do and are not banned) I knew this was a blatant attempt to block a Trump re-election. When the brightest brains on this forum defended his ban due to having discussed CHEMTRAILS?!! a decade ago, it descended further into madness.

Pompeo, mate, pull your finger out. Sort out the "douche illuminati" in silicon valley. This is urgent. Their election meddling is undemocratic and I'm pretty sure it's illegal. Sort it out.

You need to change your glasses prescription ????

Interesting how the Republicans don’t take seriously the biggest threat to the future of the country, even though there is irrefutable evidence from every intelligence agency in the USA and abroad-they simply no longer care about the integrity of the Constitution, or democracy in their own country-very interesting.  The USA Is on a downwards spiral-only day the tax breaks for the rich have slowed it temporarily 

Edited by Redline

2 hours ago, Redline said:

Interesting how the Republicans don’t take seriously the biggest threat to the future of the country, even though there is irrefutable evidence from every intelligence agency in the USA and abroad-they simply no longer care about the integrity of the Constitution, or democracy in their own country-very interesting.  The USA Is on a downwards spiral-only day the tax breaks for the rich have slowed it temporarily 

Oh I think they take it seriously. Not only seriously but joyfully. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Pompeo is looking in the wrong place. I can see terrible meddling in the 2020 election, but none from Russia. I see the liberal elite headed by Zuckerberg and Dorsey blocking and banning middle of the road conservative voices, Trump's base. When I saw Paul Joseph Watson had been banned from Facebook although having broken no rules or laws and never calling for violence against anyone(although his detractors always do and are not banned) I knew this was a blatant attempt to block a Trump re-election. When the brightest brains on this forum defended his ban due to having discussed CHEMTRAILS?!! a decade ago, it descended further into madness.

Pompeo, mate, pull your finger out. Sort out the "douche illuminati" in silicon valley. This is urgent. Their election meddling is undemocratic and I'm pretty sure it's illegal. Sort it out.

What "middle of the road conservative voices" have been blocked and banned? 

Also, why do you only specify Facebook?  It is a social media platform, not a news organization.  Can't all these people who have been kicked off Facebook use other means of getting their message out?

Paul Joseph Watson is a nutcase who spreads lies and conspiracy theories.  If he wants to get on a soap box and rant at a busy intersection he can.  However a business such as Facebook has no obligation to provide him a forum for his disinformation.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I see the liberal elite headed by Zuckerberg and Dorsey blocking and banning middle of the road conservative voices, Trump's base.

Too bad that Twitter won't ban the number one spreader of false statements, blatant lies and outright hatred.

But I guess the Reality TV con man can bloviate freely in Twitter without any consequence. Hard to believe that so many people believe whatever fake narrative he dreams up and pukes out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1