sharing experience: update a 2-year driving license to 5-year

fdsa

Please don't start a sentence with 'so'. It's like sowing like sentences with like, like. and calling people 'Dude' like (although it IS apparently grammatically acceptable- just annoying). ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Isac Szwarc Brasil said:

Thanks for the good information , one question , what about Residence Certificate ?

Always required, like it or not.

What kind of document is accepted seem to vary widely from office to office.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 5/15/2019 at 11:46 AM, Psimbo said:

Please don't start a sentence with 'so'. It's like sowing like sentences with like, like. and calling people 'Dude' like (although it IS apparently grammatically acceptable- just annoying). ????

i'm young and such :P

5 hours ago, Isac Szwarc Brasil said:

Thanks for the good information , one question , what about Residence Certificate ?

It is not required if you have a work permit. If you do - then bring a copy of its main pages, e.g. on Koh Samui it's only the first page, but on Phuket they use a different "model" of that book so the first and the last page are required.

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, LivinginKata said:

Can be CoR or Work Permit or Yellow Tabian Baan.

I'm married to Thai and have a Yellow house book, but they said to me: "no, we want be sure. Bring us certificate of address from Immigration Office."

I thought I would get another 2 year license, but looks like I can count on getting a 5-year one, awesome. Mine ends on 3rd November

Edited by Tim K

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I'm married to Thai and have a Yellow house book, but they said to me: "no, we want be sure. Bring us certificate of address from Immigration Office."

I thought I would get another 2 year license, but looks like I can count on getting a 5-year one, awesome. Mine ends on 3rd November

And that is on Phuket?

Yes on Phuket. I asked somewhere in February this year. I was nearby transferring name on my bike.

They told me that I can come about 2 month before the current license expires, and only do the eye-check. 

me: What??

Well, the color test.

No theory test or something.

Edited by Tim K

• 2 months later...

A small update: I found out that I've got a messed up card after some office staff told me that I can't use my driving license as a valid ID, because the first and last name were mixed up (there was "Mr. Lastname Firstname", but must be "Mr. Firstname Lastname").

So I went to the transport office with original passport and messed up card and was told that they do not want the original passport - only copies, also they want the work permit copies again. I made these copies and returned back, then waited a short queue at the payment window (table in fact), paid 55 THB for card replacement and proceeded to the photo window/table. Then long wait again (remember the slow card printer) and I got a new driving license card with the same issue date as the messed up one (May, not Aug).

• Haha 1