Vacuum sealer / food saver

james.d

Just binned our second vacuum sealer making it 2 units in 6 or 7 months both from lazada.

Anyone found a decent sealing machine for liquids and solid foods around 1500 Thb mark?

I am in BKK and would prefer to get hands-on feeling prior to purchase if possible.

Many thanks in advance.

I went through several of these, from local stores, they were all cheaper models. In the end I bought one from an annex to Makro for 6,000 Baht, I wish I had done this in the first place rather than waste money on cheap models. I have had it for over 2 years now and it does a great job.

30 minutes ago, JWRC said:

I went through several of these, from local stores, they were all cheaper models. In the end I bought one from an annex to Makro for 6,000 Baht, I wish I had done this in the first place rather than waste money on cheap models. I have had it for over 2 years now and it does a great job.

Thanks, yes I'm leaning towards a more expensive model from verasu if l cannot find a decent one for my price range.

What make is yours if you don't mind me asking?

Also where did you get your bags from?... I get mine from verasu but are expensive.

Thanks again.

Sorry for being a bit vague - my sealer is at home in NZ, and I can't remember the name, but it was a common garden variety bought off Lazada for a couple of thousand baht about 5 years ago. It's still going strong today, altho not getting as much use as it once did. 

For bags I just use the stock standard ones that vendors use - very cheap compared to the rolls, and thinner and easier to manage. Plenty of supplies in the supermarkets here (but, strangely, these types of bags are impossible to find in NZ, so I will be taking a large amount back with me).

Have you tried those new sealing bags which use a hand pump? Similar to the large ones used to store blankets and what-have-you. 

8 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Sorry for being a bit vague - my sealer is at home in NZ, and I can't remember the name, but it was a common garden variety bought off Lazada for a couple of thousand baht about 5 years ago. It's still going strong today, altho not getting as much use as it once did. 

For bags I just use the stock standard ones that vendors use - very cheap compared to the rolls, and thinner and easier to manage. Plenty of supplies in the supermarkets here (but, strangely, these types of bags are impossible to find in NZ, so I will be taking a large amount back with me).

Have you tried those new sealing bags which use a hand pump? Similar to the large ones used to store blankets and what-have-you. 

Yes I may need to buy via Lazada again. I have been to verasu and they have a good one but it will only work with same brand bags which are expensive.

Thanks for your feedback on the bags. Much appreciated.

I researched vacuum sealer a few years ago and ended up buying a luvele vacuum sealer a couple of years ago in Australia on e bay.....brought here to Thailand and it’s still going strong. I buy the rolls or pre sealed bags on Lazard for it. Has no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived