Rescue services called as "Nong Frame" sleeps through locked car drama

webfact

Rescue services called as "Nong Frame" sleeps through locked car drama

6pm.jpg

Caption: Break in - not concerned about vehicle

A Thai mother told rescue services that it was her habit while shopping to leave her six year old son in the family pick-up playing on a phone. 

Supitchaya, 40,  would always leave the engine running for "Nong Frame" while she got things at Macro in Klong Luang, Pathum Thani. 

It usually only took half an hour and he had the air-con turned on. 

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

However, when she emerged from the store at 3.10 pm yesterday afternoon her son was asleep and all the doors were locked and she couldn't get in.

She banged on the windows to rouse her son but that didn't work. 

So she called security who helped her her rock the car in an effort to wake him. 

That failed too. 

So Ruam Katanyu rescue foundation were called to forced the door open.

When that was successful Nong Frame still slept on. 

But he was OK when his mother shook him awake with her bare hands. 

Sanook said the mother had been "frantic". 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-16

28 minutes ago, webfact said:

She banged on the windows to rouse her son but that didn't work. 

So she called security who helped her her rock the car in an effort to wake him. 

That failed too. 

So Ruam Katanyu rescue foundation were called to forced the door open.

When that was successful Nong Frame still slept on.

She should stop feeding him with junk food and khanom.

She should be charged for leaving a child in charge of her car. The child could have easily put the car into a gear and caused tremendous damage. Yet alone leaving the engine running and polluting the air for 30 minutes. Suppose the child accidentally switched the engine off he could have suffocated in the car. What an idiot of a mother!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A Thai mother told rescue services that it was her habit while shopping to leave her six year old son in the family pick-up playing on a phone.

And there you have it - that childish mentality of, "I've done it loads of times before and nothing bad ever happened". The more worrying aspect is you'll find enough people who will sympathise with her.  

I wonder how they were so sure the child was sleeping and not unconcious.  Another consequnce of this stupid practice is the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The thought occurred to me that in the hot weather I have seen other trucks like this with blacked out windows and the engine idling in some of the big open car parks. Rhetorically just how common is the practice of locking children in idling vehicles while the parents go shopping?

22 minutes ago, fantom said:

Rhetorically just how common is the practice of locking children in idling vehicles while the parents go shopping?

Here I haven't witnessed a child left in car.

Idling cars everyday.

MAKRO has big shopping carts and parents let them sit inside, carting them around.

No problem at all.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Wonder if here was a bottle of water close by and the boy new where it was?

Understand what you're saying, but, it was for half an hour and the AC was on, and he was sound asleep.

The possibilities of tragedy in this scenario are endless from the child being kidnapped, knocking the car into gear and crashing, or running someone over, too many tto sort through.

I hope that this woman is relieved of her drivers licence, and sent to a parenting course at the very least.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Understand what you're saying, but, it was for half an hour and the AC was on, and he was sound asleep.

I do understand, my family are sticklers to always ensure a bottle of water is easily at hand in all situations. 

Mother says she's away 30 minutes. That could easily be 40 or 50 minutes. If my child suddenly wants water I'd like to think it's there regardless of any other factors. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

You can't change "stupidity"

Archived