New York City Mayor de Blasio launches bid for Democratic presidential nomination

snoop1130

Not being a New Yorker I didn't really have much of an impression of Blasio before, pro or con. Now that's running for president, that seems so pointless and stupid, I have to wonder if he himself is pointless and stupid. 

Edited by Jingthing

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not being a New Yorker I didn't really have much of an impression of Blasio before, pro or con. Now that's running for president, that seems so pointless and stupid, I have to wonder if he himself is pointless and stupid. 

When a recent poll of NY'ers resulted in over 70% saying he shouldn't run for President, I think that says something about the guy. And I totally agree with you: He IS pointless and stupid.

Having lived in NYC for a long time and still very in touch with what goes on there, DeB is truly a horrible mayor. He lucked into the job in the first place during a primary with a large rag tag pack of candidates (Anthony Wiener) and he hopes to do the same in 2020. 

But I think the real reason he is running is: 1) to increase his profile to hopefully land a job when his term expires (since he has zero real world working experience) and 2) to be able to legally hit up donors with business in NYC for his various PACs that he runs. 

• Like 1