Multi-re entry permit issued in Pattaya

On 5/17/2019 at 8:00 PM, jacko45k said:
On 5/17/2019 at 4:20 AM, TBKK said:

I have a O-A retirement visa that expires on 11-13-19. I currently am allowed to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand until 4-17-2020. If I obtain a single reentry permit when I leave at the end of this month and come back to Thailand in December 1919,  the reentry permit will be good until 4-17-2020 and I will have to apply for a extension of my retirement visa before 4-17-2020. Is that correct?  

Yes, that seems correct. Although I would say your permission of stay will be until 4-17-20. The re-entry permit has been used and you should have got a stamp for 4-17-20. You will need to apply before that date for any retirement extension. 

I have one other question regarding the above referenced post.

If I have permission to stay in Thailand until 4-17-20 and leave and come back on 4-10-20 with a reentry permit, would my new permission to stay be extended 60 days to 6-17-20 or would my permission to stay remain at 4-17-20?

2 minutes ago, TBKK said:

I have one other question regarding the above referenced post.

If I have permission to stay in Thailand until 4-17-20 and leave and come back on 4-10-20 with a reentry permit, would my new permission to stay be extended 60 days to 6-17-20 or would my permission to stay remain at 4-17-20?

Your permission to stay would remain unchanged.

50 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Your permission to stay would remain unchanged.

I didn't mention that I'm a U.S. citizen.

It is my understanding that U.S. citizens do not require a Visa to enter Thailand and immigration will issue a stamp in the passport of a U.S. citizen permitting a 30 day stay in Thailand.

I interpret this to mean that upon arrival in Thailand on 4-10-20, I will be permitted to stay 30 days and have 30 days to apply for an extension.

17 minutes ago, TBKK said:

I interpret this to mean that upon arrival in Thailand on 4-10-20, I will be permitted to stay 30 days and have 30 days to apply for an extension.

If the immigration officer used your re-entry permit you would be stamped in until April 17th, 2020.

If you asked him not to use the re-entry you would get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If the immigration officer used your re-entry permit you would stamped in until April 17th, 2020.

If you asked him not to use the re-entry you would get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Thanks for clarifying that Ubon Joe!

Wednesday.

Chang W.

Get number for re-entry permit section.   Walk out with PERMIT.      15 FREAKING MINUTES.................Simply amazing.

Im prepared for 6 hours.........................lol.

23 hours ago, Sal Boto said:

Wednesday.

Chang W.

Get number for re-entry permit section.   Walk out with PERMIT.      15 FREAKING MINUTES.................Simply amazing.

Im prepared for 6 hours.........................lol.

You will get the rest when you do the extension.