outpatient cover 40000 baht

RayongRob

Hi, 

I see that there is a probability that we may be forced to get at least 40000baht health cover, As this is beyond me if I go with my current inpatient provider is there anywhere I can get the  outpatient cover only (40000baht) required by the Thai  government.

There are policies that offer an "offset" in that the premium is lower if you opt to pay the first "x" amount of a claim.

The more you agree to pay, the better/lower the premium etc, this may be an option for you to obtain the level required.

Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

I read that 22 May some bigheads of health ministry and immigration will have another meeting about their sudden inspiration.
Cross your fingers that Buddha enlightens them.

40k outpatient with 39k deductible [emoji2]
April Intl Thailand has a USD10,000 deductible option. Why the authorities couldn't accept 40,000 baht in the bank for out patient is consistent with how they think, illogical

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I have no idea and the whole idea is absurd. No place sells stand alone 40k OPD policies, the 400k inpt/40k outpt combo mandated makes no sense as the former is too low and the latter unnecessary.

Most inpatient only policies includes some outpatient care e.g. for 30 days after a hospitalization or outoatient cancer care etc and well beyond 40k max and it could reasonably be argued that these polucies, which are well over 400k total, more than qualify though how a Thai official would figure that all out from complicated insurance documents is a mystery.

In any case it appears this pertains only to O-A visas obtained at Thai Embassies/consulates in your home country and not to extensions of stay for reason of retirement by people who originally entered on other than O-A visa (regular O on most cases).

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

'the 400k inpt/40k outpt combo mandated makes no sense as the former is too low and the latter unnecessary.'

Spot on!

• Like 1