Can Someone Kindly Tell Me Where I Can Get A Mosquito Net?

rush74

Just got here yesterday, Ive looked through the night bazaar and walked

around the shops, even found a camping store that didnt stock one, can

someone lead me in the right direction... I had to sleep under a sheet last

night.... :o

Just got here yesterday, Ive looked through the night bazaar and walked

around the shops, even found a camping store that didnt stock one, can

someone lead me in the right direction... I had to sleep under a sheet last

night.... :o

Along the outside of the moat on there are a series of camping shops that have them for sale, while your are there buy a rechargeable mosquito zapper - they look like a plastic tennis racquet and will give you hours of pleasure as you electrocute the little bastaaards

Mosquito netting is all around... you just need to be in the right place and maybe how to know how to ask for it.

I agree with the other ppl who suggest either the camping supply places outside the North end of the moat (outside of moat) - easy to recognize by all the rain jackets, cammo clothing, and hanging guitars - also Warorot Market by day, they're all over.

Go around and if you dare, ask for a 'Mung' or better 'Moong' it's said with a rising tone, almost like you're asking a question. Chances you will screw it up but come close enough that they understand you. Best way to ask is

"Seu moong tee nai ?" (Soo moong tee nai ?)

And then if you hit Warorot by night (also called Kad Luang - Lanna for 'Great/Big Market), you will see that caddy corner to the 7-11 there is a girl with nice eyes who sells alot of electronic equipment like cheap radios and clocks. Among the things she sells are the mosquito bats. They're great fun. You pop those suckers just like popcprn. Nothing satisfies like hitting a big juicy one, or that one that's been nipping at you and eluding death.... until the final moment when he lights up like a Xmas tree. Bite me will you ? Ha ! You shall be zapped to oblivion !

Anyway the girl with the nice eyes sells along with the rest of her family and her prices are better than the angry smoking girls right next to her. You can easily tell the difference in the vibe. Her shop is closest to the 7-11, though diaganol from it, and she also has a big blue umbrella that she hangs a light or two from to light up her shop. Her name is Pen - just like what you write with. She always has the bats in stock. Depending on type, they're about 100-120 B ea. You just recharge and they last you a long time. Just have to recharge for like 6-8 hours every few day or weeks depends on usage.

Mosquito net + Bat = no more yungs to bite you.

Chok Dii