Date you can apply for an extension of stay?

My current extension of stay ends Jul 27, 2019.  How many days prior to this date can I go and do my extension.  I want to do it in June just to be safe if the insurance does apply for extension of stay?

I have my 90 day Non-O-Retirement which was issued on 23rd April 2019 and admitted until 21 July 2019.

Can anyone confirm what is the EARIEST date i can apply for the 1 year extention?

I intend to apply at Chiang Wattanna.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, thelovedone said:

I have my 90 day Non-O-Retirement which was issued on 23rd April 2019 and admitted until 21 July 2019.

Can anyone confirm what is the EARIEST date i can apply for the 1 year extention?

I intend to apply at Chiang Wattanna.

Thanks

You can apply up to 45 days early. So that is about June 6th.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply up to 45 days early. So that is about June 6th.

Thanks ubonjoe.

Can you advise on the medical insurance requirement.

Given my  Non O retirement visa was issued on 23rd April ,Is medical insurance a requirement when applying for the extension?

I have a Thai Social Security Office heath care card  , but im not sure if that is acceptable in voiding the need for medical insurance.

14 minutes ago, thelovedone said:

Can you advise on the medical insurance requirement.

Nothing has been confirmed about it being required for extensions of stay based upon retirement. At this time it is only for those applying for a OA long stay visa at a embassy.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

17 minutes ago, thelovedone said:

I have a Thai Social Security Office heath care card  , but im not sure if that is acceptable in voiding the need for medical insurance.

Until the requirements come out officially it is not possible to answer that question.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Is there any options to do it earlier than 45 days example you work abroad and will not be in the country when visa expires.

Some office will do them earlier with a good reason and showing a ticket out of the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Nothing has been confirmed about it being required for extensions of stay based upon retirement. At this time it is only for those applying for a OA long stay visa at a embassy.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Until the requirements come out officially it is not possible to answer that question.

Thanks ubonjoe.... my understanding was that the  medical cover was required for Non Immigrant O -Retirement visa.

So just to confirm what you say,......that medical cover is not a requirement?

19 minutes ago, thelovedone said:

Thanks ubonjoe.... my understanding was that the  medical cover was required for Non Immigrant O -Retirement visa.

So just to confirm what you say,......that medical cover is not a requirement?

There is nothing official that states proof of insurance will be required for extensions.

If it does come about it will not happen any time soon. It could be many months before they do anything official (issue a police order with a effective date).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, essox essox said:

should have gone before you posted !!!!! then you would have known......

You should have not answered if you are going to act immature.  You don't know if I am 5 minutes to the immigration office or 3 hours.

Edited by Mango Bob

Just return back from Ratchaburi immigrations.  They told me 30 days.  I asked if I could do it a little earlier by 7 days and they told me Yes.  So I am all set in case, at least no insurance this year if at all.