Welcome to Thailand: South African teacher robbed in downtown Hat Yai

webfact

Welcome to Thailand: South African teacher robbed in downtown Hat Yai

9pm.jpg

A citizen's arrest in Hat Yai in Southern Thailand led to the quick capture of a man who snatched a South African woman's bag. 

The lady is in Thailand awaiting permission to start teaching at a private school. 

In custody is Nihafis Chearsae, 25, who had grabbed her bag containing Thai and foreign currency, a passport and other documents. 

The suspect faces 1 - 7 years in jail and the possibility of large fines said ONB News. 

Khor Hong police and the local tourist police are working on the case. 

The victim was not named but was pictured distressed by the incident. 

Source: ONB news

17 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Coming from where she does you think she would be a lot more streetwise; maybe lives in a white enclave and barely sees the light of day as servants do everything including the shopping !

Lol it sounds like you are super black and have a huge problem with the fact that she is white. GFY

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Coming from where she does you think she would be a lot more streetwise;

I think your right....I must remember in future not to leave my helmet on my motorbike, not leave anything in the back of my pick-up...not leave any flowers in my front garden...and...bolt everything down that can be moved...

By the way...I come from Europe?

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Coming from where she does you think she would be a lot more streetwise; maybe lives in a white enclave and barely sees the light of day as servants do everything including the shopping !

Clearly you have never, ever, taken one step into South Africa because you would not spout such puerile and uninformed rubbish!

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

If you're that kind of rich (Any race, in SA or wherever), you probably don't come to Thailand to teach. 

1 minute ago, stephehr said:

Some stupid fool cant read he put "Why are the Hong Kong police involved?" when is should be Khor Hong police.  Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Perhaps being ironic??

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Glad she is well and the culprit has been apprehended. However on looking at her I have to wonder what the South African lady is waiting to teach ? boxing perhaps ????

That comment is really not funny

Her appearance has no bearing on intelligence, she may well be a nuclear physicist taking a short break to teach bright science students 

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

That comment is really not funny

Her appearance has no bearing on intelligence, she may well be a nuclear physicist taking a short break to teach bright science students 

A nuclear physicist teaching students in Thailand ?  Don't tell me not to be funny  ????????????

Having lived in in the UK for half of my life, I can tell you the stereotypical South Africa isn't quite as bad as it's cracked up to be by media spew. You can't "streetwise" yourself against knife attacks in London anymore than you can having a handbag stolen. Staying clear of dodgy areas, yes. 

22 minutes ago, stephehr said:

Some stupid fool cant read he put "Why are the Hong Kong police involved?" when it should be Khor Hong police.  Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i assumed he was extracting the urine.

Another fine example of showing the victim in focus (luckily she had sunglasses on) while the perp is pixeled out. Please don't tell me it is to protect that guy's dignity or rights. If that was ever considered, they wouldn't do "re-enactments" before trials

I wonder who made the citizens arrest.

I wonder why she was wandering the streets with large sums of money and her passport in a handbag.

I wonder if she did full research on the difficulties and troubles in the area of Thailand she decided to live/work in.

I wonder why, as a South African, she was not a little more wise about street crime. (I lived for a year in RSA and regard it as the most dangerous, violent country I've spent time in). 

I wonder if she will persist with her plan to stay in Hat Yai.

hat yai.jpg

5 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

Well, she is still alive. If this happened in her native country she would probably have suffered serious injuries. 

It would not even have made the news in SA.

This is a hundred times safer than South Africa.

You get so relaxed here that going to SA for a visit makes you a target there.

5 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

Well, she is still alive. If this happened in her native country she would probably have suffered serious injuries. 

Hmmm, strange, i would disagree, her country is much safer than here, crime and road carnage is

out of control here, not to mention violent gangs of youths, sure sth africa has its areas, but those areas are not advertised as a holiday area and there are warnings where to go and where not to go, i have family and friends in sth africa, they have no problems, beautiful beaches also, they have pride in their country. but thailand is supposed to be LOS all over, i find they have no pride or cleanliness, just greed and corruption and crime.

Archived