Thai Girls Status After Marriage To Farang

Yes, my thai wife has bought 3 condos and at least 6 pieces of land since we got married, as well as an airplane and 2 cars. As the farang spouse, I have to sign a paper that I will make no claim on the land purchase ever as foreigners can't own land. No problem.

Yes, my thai wife has bought 3 condos and at least 6 pieces of land since we got married, as well as an airplane and 2 cars. As the farang spouse, I have to sign a paper that I will make no claim on the land purchase ever as foreigners can't own land. No problem.

With one small CAVEAT. They must not hold citizenship of another country.

Actually, one of the thai landowners here in Hua Hin is also a US Citizen and owning land here has been no problem. This a practical example. I'm not arguing that the letter of the law is different.

2nd generation Thai dual citizen (3rd generation immigrant Thai-Chinese family; both parents also have naturalized US citizenship as well; I have US citizenship by birth) here with land holdings. It's not an issue.

:o

Edited by John45