Retirement Visa Extension 65,000 Baht deposits in Thai bank

I started to put 65,000 Baht into my Bangkok bank account in January, before that I was bringing 55,000 baht each month. I'm due for the retirement extension next week at Nakhorn Ratchasima (Korat) Immigration office. I want to do this extension purely on income transferred into Bangkok Bank each month using a SWIFT transfer.

Does anyone have any recent experience or knowledge about this, as I have heard a lot of conflicting reports ie you can not show 1 year of deposits of 65,000 baht refused.

I would like this thread to be just about 'income', and not about 'income and deposits' in a Thai bank combined, to make up the 800,000 Baht.

I have attached a Memorandum  which has been translated into English. Does anyone have a copy of this in Thai?

Thanks in advance.

Letter from Immigration boss.jpg

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Original in Thai:  Immigration Memo For Income Proof.pdf 149.29 kB · 37 downloads

I assume you will be able to show at least a few months of 65k baht coming into the country this year.

Just for interest Joe I checked with the lady who pre checks the documents at the IO retirement desk at Jomtien. I explained I would have 9 or 10 transfers this year and she showed me the bank letter that another poster has published. I said that shows 12 transfers and I  will not. She said the total must be 800,000 or more. It will be but obviously that is not correct by the new rules this year. 

30 minutes ago, pontious said:

Just for interest Joe I checked with the lady who pre checks the documents at the IO retirement desk at Jomtien. I explained I would have 9 or 10 transfers this year and she showed me the bank letter that another poster has published. I said that shows 12 transfers and I  will not. She said the total must be 800,000 or more. It will be but obviously that is not correct by the new rules this year. 

I guess they have lost or are simply ignoring the "leniency" letter.

• Like 2