Building A Pool In Pattaya

eljeque

Can anyone out there make any recomendations on building a small pool (2m x 3m x 1.2m deep) ?

If you know of a good inexpensive builder, as the house is only 1.7 million baht, that would be fine, or if this is a small enough job that it can be done not very different from a VERY HEAVY DUTY undergroud water tank WITH A FILTERING SYSTEM, I welcome all advice.

Can anyone out there make any recomendations on building a small pool (2m x 3m x 1.2m deep) ?

If you know of a good inexpensive builder, as the house is only 1.7 million baht, that would be fine, or if this is a small enough job that it can be done not very different from a VERY HEAVY DUTY undergroud water tank WITH A FILTERING SYSTEM, I welcome all advice.

What exactly is the pool intended for? I guess not for swimming with those dimensions! The septic tank that was dug for my house is bigger than the dimensions you state above (3.5m x 2m x 2m deep) and is currently used as a water storage tank whilst they are building.

Its more of a tank than pool . . . it wouldn't take much to dig that size then put a double skinned wall up with a reinforced concrete base (say 7 cm thick). Then have it rendered inside ready for a finishing coat of tiles.

You might consider only digging it half the depth and having 60cm of the structure above the ground if it's for keeping fish. . .

Thanks

It would actually be a dip pool. I am selling a couple of small houses that I am building and one buyer wants me to enquire about a pool being built.

I may go ahead and build it 1/2 above ground and 1/2 above ground.

Thanks

It would actually be a dip pool. I am selling a couple of small houses that I am building and one buyer wants me to enquire about a pool being built.

i wouldn't advise to save on excavating and then spending much more money on the reinforced concrete above ground because there is no counterpressure from soil.

Some how I just don't see "pool" "good builder" and "inexpensive builder" all in the same sentence.

If I was writing the question, I believe I would have worded just a little differently. Such as; I am looking for a contractor that specializes in pools that would perform a quality job at a fair price.

But thats just me.

Thanks

i wouldn't advise to save on excavating and then spending much more money on the reinforced concrete above ground because there is no counterpressure from soil.

Well true - if you build it total underground you could get away with just a single skin wall which is what was used for my septic tank and it's filled totally with water without any issues.

If above ground a double skin wall with a centimetre or so of concrete render is plenty strong enough to take the amount of water talked about here. Even a single skin with a render would probably take it however it probably ain't the best idea with people climbing in and out putting more stress on it.

suggest you check the internet for plastic lined inground pools as they are about 20% the cost of traditional Thai pools. They use concrete sides and sand bottoms covered with a 30 mil plastic liner.

Installed a couple of them in Hawaii and from the outside you cannot tell the difference from concrete or tile. You will save at least 60% on maintenence (chorine etc. ) as it take less chemical for upkeep. good luck

"plastic lined...

You will save at least 60% on maintenence (chorine etc. )"

says who? :o

Perhaps concrete absorbs the chlorine. eyepop.gif...but I'd doubt it.

I think fibreglass is a good & cheap option. A friend of mine just had some small tanks built (2.5m x 3.5m x 0.5m), which were not all that expensive.

Why not try this

Costs about £ 300

Its about 15 ft and great for swimming in a circle.

The biggest problem is keeping the kids out, :D koz it was bought for the big kid ME. :o:D:D:D

post-1870-1173729180_thumb.jpg

Edited by edd

Company called Thai-Euro Construction done my pool for me. They were easy to deal with and done a good job at a fair (bordering on cheap) price. Overall I was happy with them. As far as I can tell, they don't advertise but just get work from word of mouth. It was a couple of months ago but can dig out contact details if you want.

Still, I like edd's idea above!

Please note the details for the pool company on the next post.

Thanks

Company called Thai-Euro Construction done my pool for me. They were easy to deal with and done a good job at a fair (bordering on cheap) price. Overall I was happy with them. As far as I can tell, they don't advertise but just get work from word of mouth. It was a couple of months ago but can dig out contact details if you want.

Still, I like edd's idea above!