Tourist Visa in the region. / Non O in London

H

I haven't needed to get a tourist Visa for may years in the region. I know it all changes so fast in regards to where they can be got and what is required. Can someone tell me what is the easiest (most painless and quick) place to get one with in the local region.

I just need a couple of extra months before I return to the UK, when I am there I will be applying to get my usual Non O Multi in London.

Just on the off chance If anyone is reading this and could let me know the latest requirements in London for a Non O Multi based on Marriage? Previously it's been very easy and all I have needed to show as my marriage cert, Spouse ID card copy, completed form and fee (125 pounds).

I have read recently that over 50's require health insurance for visa now? I am 48 so I assume it will not be required?

Thanks in advance.

Instead of getting a tourist visa you could go to Savannakhet Laos and get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof.

For a single entry tourist visa Vientiane Laos is good location but you need to make an appointment about two weeks in advance. You only need your passport, plus a copy of the photo page, Lao entry stamp and a completed application form.

Other locations nearby require proof of 20k baht in a bank account and possibly a ticket out of the country.

The big change at the embassy in London is that after the 15th of next month you may have to submit your application online. It is not clear yet what will be required when that goes into effect.

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Instead of getting a tourist visa you could go to Savannakhet Laos and get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof.

For a single entry tourist visa Vientiane Laos is good location but you need to make an appointment about two weeks in advance. You only need your passport, plus a copy of the photo page, Lao entry stamp and a completed application form.

Other locations nearby require proof of 20k baht in a bank account and possibly a ticket out of the country.

The big change at the embassy in London is that after the 15th of next month you may have to submit your application online. It is not clear yet what will be required when that goes into effect.

Thanks for the reply, Just been reading up on the new system in London. Looks interesting!

Think I will just go ahead and get to Savannakhet for a years visa until the London Embassy sorts itself out and we are able to get a clearer understanding of how it will work!

Will probably never be clear how it works if history is anything to go by!

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Quick one. Someone suggested a couple of years ago that a Non O Muti entry could be got in Ho Chi Min, Vietnam? Any updates on this?

1 minute ago, wildpikey said:

Someone suggested a couple of years ago that a Non O Muti entry could be got in Ho Chi Min, Vietnam? Any updates on this?

You can get one in Ho Chi Minh City. 

14 minutes ago, wildpikey said:

Sorry for more questions, any idea of the requirements in HCMC? (Non O Multiple based on marriage to a Thai)

Marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her. Letter from your wife requesting the consulate issue you the visa. The fee is $200 US.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wildpikey said:

That's awesome information. Thanks for taking the time. A much better option that Savannakhet..

An even better option IMHO is a 60-day extension to visit your wife from your local immigration office. The following recent thread might be worth a read, even if your local office isn't Chaengwattana:-

Edited by OJAS