Hilux - Second battery for 220V AC

Hi All,

This seems like a pretty common thing (in Oz anyway from what I can google) but I'm just wondering if anyone here has any advice/recommendations on where/how to do this in Thailand. Preferably Surin or Bangkok based. What I'm looking to do is add a second battery for the 220V outlet I have in the car. The idea, from what I gather, is that this second battery would be used to power the 220V outlet and some logic circuitry would sit between both batteries ensuring that the second battery only charges once the primary battery is full?

On a slightly related note, at the same time I would consider running the power into the Carryboy (Series 7) which already has some electrics running into it so seems like it should be easy enough to put a socket in there that would be more practical than the one in the cab, this a good/bad/insane idea?

Any advice or insights much appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter.

What you need is a split charging system.

Basically there is a relay switch between the two batteries that allows both batteries to charge while the engine is running but disconnects the auxiliary battery when there is no charge so you don't flatten the main battery. 

On a simple basic system you can just have a relay connected to the ignition key that will isolate the second battery when the engine is off.

A better system is to have a Split Charging Module that will sense which battery is the lowest and Split the charge accordingly.

Lots of info on the Internet, search Split Charging Kits. Easy enough to fit such a system if you have some DIY skills, or your local car audio shop should be able to do it easily.

????

Relay probably crap from China on lazada and 2nd pic is all the stuff that’s needed also need battery and inverter ...google instal leisure battery.generally you would try to use 12 v appliances fridge,lights,usb charge points etc etc.

if you wanna run 240v stuff you need a inverter have to be careful what you run of your inverter anything with heating Elements or motors is not advised it will just kill your battery.

DF7A4904-33E5-407B-AD84-CA3EA7869A42.png

E3AD4DB3-734B-4031-99E2-ADFDDF855FD9.png

AA175D7E-369C-41D7-944D-EA47667B6A6E.png

Archived