Attack on ambulance: Two charged with damaging vehicle and terrifying driver

webfact

Two charged with damaging vehicle and terrifying driver

By The Nation

1d3602610e65680634726d5c1a42c0ea.jpeg

Two men were on Thursday charged with attacking a volunteer ambulance in Phuket.

Sagib Yomyai, 22, and Sutthi Sripoon, 29, both from Trang province, were arrested at a rented house in Tambon Wichit, Muang district, with an array of incriminating evidence that included a pistol, two bullets, a knife and an axe. 

ab3f12cd8f168254ac6207deec5fe574.jpeg

They were then taken for questioning in front of Phuket police chief Pol Maj General Wisan Panmanee. 

The men were charged by police with damaging, or rendering useless, property belonged 

to another person, threatening another person and illegal possession of a gun. The charges followed an attack on the ambulance with a knife and an axe as it was driving on Chalerm Phrakiat King Rama 9 road in Muang district on May 20.

8de4232c1ce90b1a28a4bb4503a79063.jpeg

The ambulance driver, Detnarong Songsang, 41, who is a lawyer by profession, told Wichit Police that the two men were on a Honda Wave motorcycle that chased after him after he beeped his horn at them for dangerously changing lanes near Siriroj Hospital at around 5pm on Wednesday. 

fdb129d73a67717402df1d67a0b20cef.jpeg

One of the men threw an object at the back of the ambulance and then tried several times to use a knife to pierce the ambulance’s hood cover. They kept up the chase and then attacked the rear again, this time with an axe.

Detnarong accelerated to escape and luckily for him, the men spotted police on the road ahead, so they gave up the pursuit, whereupon he went straight to the police station to report the incident. 

f35832af1a6dcfcc4255b9fd946027d1.jpeg

Damage estimated at Bt50,000 was caused to the back windshield of the ambulance, its two side windows and the hood cover.

As police were still hunting the suspects, Detnarong posted a four-minute video clip and photo on to his Facebook account to help spread the news. 

When he was asked why he didn’t just drive them off the road, Detnarong said he was trained to save people and it was inappropriate to use an ambulance to cause harm.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30369914

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-24

More oxygen thieves that think they are somehow special and that the rules don't apply to them. When you start brazenly attacking an ambulance like that for just a pip of the horn then it really is time for a long stretch in jail. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Two men were on Thursday charged with attacking a volunteer ambulance in Phuket.

far from having any remorse, i bet they have absolutely no idea they might have done something wrong,  maybe even proud in the re-enactment

The Police should have added the charge of "not using helmets",

I suspect they were up to no good,riding around tooled up with

an axe and gun,throw the book at them.

regards worgeordie

The scary part is that people like that also have an illegal gun.

This time they get mad at an ambulance, next time they get mad at you and shoot you and your family in the head.

Possession of an illegal gun should carry a few years in itself already.

I am against conscription into the Armed Forces, but, I think a few years hard labour in the Army may just teach these low life's how to behave in a civilized society.

One thing is for sure, and that is the garden of their house would not get any worse for the neglect while they are away !!!

7 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I am against conscription into the Armed Forces, but, I think a few years hard labour in the Army may just teach these low life's how to behave in a civilized society.

One thing is for sure, and that is the garden of their house would not get any worse for the neglect while they are away !!!

You ARE joking 80 % of the problems here has been caused by the Military. 

8 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Probably useless to do any work. But they could serve as punching dummies.

13 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

The scary part is that people like that also have an illegal gun.

This time they get mad at an ambulance, next time they get mad at you and shoot you and your family in the head.

Possession of an illegal gun should carry a few years in itself already.

That is one thing that should happen illegal guns should be punished much much harsher. 

What you see in the video is that the ambulance was treated fairly dangerously!

The lawyer (driver) has probably studied the tricks of the trade in the US, which is the best way to get clients.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Am I right in thinking this place is getting worse?

You are not alone.... when everyone seems to be "tooled up" when they go out, something is very wrong in the society... 

I mean they just happened to have an axe and a knife on them for what reason ????????

Beeping in Thailand is an insult and loose of face.

Thats why i beep all the time...

Btw.

They should be investigated for other crimes they committed with gear they got obviously... 

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Army does not want them 

Lawless. Untouchable. Crazed. Carefree. Inconsiderate. Over inflated egos. 'I am Thai so I can' childish mindset attitudes.

Consider the very recent report concerning a Thai monk driving a pickup whilst drunk! Says it all...

What is the punishment? Slapped wrists? Do merit? Send those two babies home to mummy to lounge about drinking whiskey, being  obnoxious and brag!

T.I.T

When I was still driving, my wife told me never to sound my horn at a Thai driver, regardless of how stupid their actions were. I could very well expect a nasty confrontation. Never happened to me as I never disobey my wife but I've read of so many incidents where a "beep-beep" can and does lead immature Thai men into a fit of anger. My driver rarely "beeps" only then when it's a gross and dangerous move on idiot driver's part. Is this the "my Mommy protects me from any harm" syndrome?

4 hours ago, Xaos said:

Beeping in Thailand is an insult and loose of face.

Thats why i beep all the time...

Enjoy insulting Thais and making them lose face eh.

Good luck with that. ????

You're either going to leave broke or dead. ????

Perhaps the auto companies should stop putting horns on their vehicles.....it upsets Thais.

What's one supposed to use those things for if you can't honk them?

When a country uses this excuse for losing face, you know there was never any face to lose!

Actually the educated Thai's are not standing for this crap either and with the PC social media brigade the outrage and police actions seem effective.

The 'baan nok' element is strong in Thailand but with swift arrests maybe it will curtail.

12 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Am I right in thinking this place is getting worse?

Yep- constant speculation, ill-informed comment and at some point complete gibberish.

Oops- I thought you meant Thaigeezer.????

You're all missing the important thing here people. And that's the quality of pointing!

Just look at that pointing. It's lackluster, indefinite and without style.

I insist that the police run training courses for perps to prepare them for the obligatory pointing pictures.

Archived