TM 30 - long term guest absent landlord

Hello,

I am in the process of moving from the UK to Bangkok to work for a BOI company, I'm lucky enough to have a friend who owns a condo in Bangkok who is working in Europe for the next few years and said friend is allowing me to stay in his condo rent free, I just need to pay the bills etc. The issue is, I've been reading all about the TM30 but having trouble working out how I can handle it in the situation of a long term absent landlord.. for example I won't have a rental contract as I will be staying as a guest and he isn't present in Thailand.

Anyone have any ideas on how to handle this, also apart from the TM30 anything else that might need to be considered for this living situation?

Thanks

Expert will be along. I did a tm30 once. 7 yr back. On the form you can do it as "possessor". Think that means you don't own the dwelling but nonetheless can report staying there. I didn't provide lease etc. Did it by mail. Depends what office you report to. I'm jealous of deal you got with rent. Ha

• Like 1

I live in a house that I own (my name is on the building permit), but which is on land owned by my daughter. Got a visit recently from immigration (almost unheard of where I live) and got fined 1600 THB for no TM30. They actually fined my daughter, who lives in London, but I paid. I downloaded a Power of Attorney form and emailed it across to her. She filled in her part, scanned and sent it back. I filled in my part. A week ago on returning from abroad, went to local immigration office, produced said document, TM30 filled in, copy of Thai id, blue book. All good.