Opening bank accounts in South East Asian countries on tourist visa

Hello mates, 

Do You have any experience in opening personal bank accounts in South East Asia countries just with tourist visa? I mean countries like Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philipinnes and Thailand of course (I have savings accounts here in Bangkok Bank, but wanna now more about other options). Is it possible? What about requirements?  

Is it possible to get bank account with card from Master Card or Visa and use this card abroad? You can connect easy with Pay Pal or other e-wallet? 

I heard they ask about proof of residence in their countries.  It's possible to ask owner of guesthouse for rental agreetment, even if You don't want to stay long time in this country, just only need paper for bank? 

Do You transfer money oversea, for example from third persons (not from your account)  without problems? 

I will be grateful for Your tips and bank recommendations, where I can open bank accounts without problem. 

Edited by DannyP

11 hours ago, DannyP said:

I have savings accounts here in Bangkok Bank

If you have a Bangkok bank account and your own home country bank debit cards, credit cards that's always been enough for me in Asia.

Transferwise & Deemoney are good for getting money moved either way or Bangkok bank can do same as Deemoney you just have to take into account cost and arrangements for money amounts.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

If you have a Bangkok bank account and your own home country bank debit cards, credit cards that's always been enough for me in Asia.

Transferwise & Deemoney are good for getting money moved either way or Bangkok bank can do same as Deemoney you just have to take into account cost and arrangements for money amounts.

Thanks I will check Deemoney. 

But still Im interest about opening banks accounts with local credit cards in few SEA countries. Like Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Philipinnes. 

13 minutes ago, DannyP said:

Thanks I will check Deemoney. 

But still Im interest about opening banks accounts with local credit cards in few SEA countries. Like Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Philipinnes. 

Well all you need in most cases is correct visa of stay an address and your passport when in those countries.

Many sites as below giving info on all those countries :-

https://www.movetocambodia.com/

https://movetovietnam.com/

• Like 1

You will never get a credit card issued by a bank in the country you are visiting whilst being there on a tourist visa. I would have thought that would be pretty obvious. 

There is a company called Payoneer which is a bit like Paypal with a Mastercard. You put the funds in and use them. The difference between a pre-paid card and this is that it's more like a Paypal account so people can actually pay you online when you invoice. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

You will never get a credit card issued by a bank in the country you are visiting whilst being there on a tourist visa. I would have thought that would be pretty obvious. 

I don't talk about credit card. I mean debit card what is connecting with current account balance. 

I open Payooneer and other Fintech. 

Edited by DannyP