Happiness When Marrying a Much Younger Woman

CanadaSam

Reading some of the comments on this thread, some of you must really have been taken for a ride, but are making the mistake of tarring everyone with the same brush!

I'm 49, my Thai g/f is 32, and we compliment each other almost perfectly, with neither of us taking offence when we don't see things the same way because of the age difference.   She has no idea how much money I do or don't have, she hasn't asked and I haven't brought the subject up either.  She works hard, she doesn't rely on me, and if she asks for something she perhaps wouldn't have bought for herself because of the cost, she doesn't mind at all when I say no (which is a fair percentage of the time).

I love the age difference because it forces me to stop feeling and acting old, it breathes some fresh life into my ageing bones, and I feel far younger now than I did when I first met her 18 months ago.  When we became involved, she told me she "chose me" because she felt safe with me, and that it was clear I would look after her (not in a financial sense), amongst other things.

But it's about the two individuals, there is not a generic answer to this.

At long last a common sense reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good luck we are not in America. They have all those crazy bible thumpers over there and that maniac which they call their president.

My idea about a girlfriend is to be happy together. I don't discuss politics or science with her.

Watch i.e. Thai girls (it does not really matter which age) watching cartoons. It's fun, they laugh, they enjoy it. When was the last time you saw a grown up woman laughing about a cartoon.

"My" country is Thailand, that's where I live. And in the country where I was born and grew up sex with a 16 year old is also not illegal.

And just in case you never read about it. Many many 16 year old have sex all over the world. They are not all innocent sitting at home and following their parent's guidance. And if that is strange for you then I agree, this is not the right website for you,

Here is something to inspire you. She exists only in Elianeck's virtual reality so you don't have to call the police.

aiko_doll_by_elianeck-daaun3a.jpg

Pictures like that are for men who like little girls , but want to stay out of trouble with the police 

On 5/26/2019 at 5:59 PM, ratcatcher said:

Neither did Paul McCartney, Johnny Depp or dozens of others who had ruinous divorces.  Not all bar girls are gold diggers and not all gold diggers are bar girls.

Don't leave out Rod Stewart.     Didn't he set a record at the time?

On 5/26/2019 at 4:57 AM, somtumwrong said:

With a 17 years younger woman in her late 20's, she is still looking for overly romantic love and shows of passion and .. zzzz. I think they are healed / cured once they get a kid they can spoil and show love to. With older women, less need for the CONSTANT texting and I-love-you-so-much's. 

The nice thing is they both take care of you quite well, but seriously, that way too passionate teenage love can sometimes be bothersome! I understand those girls get disappointed in the love that may seem one-sided for them.

I had the fortune of never having a gf or wife who was too interested in my money. They all said they don't care about it, never really asked about my financial status. I've never had a bar girl, so maybe that explains it. So I don't think that is a reason to make or break a relationship.

As sanemax mentioned, try to avoid the father-daughter relationship, I think those girls need romance, not a dad ????

Where do you find a woman not interested in money?!

Especially in Thailand.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, rumak said:

I am with a beautiful thai girl quite a bit younger than me.  Not only beautiful but smart and wise and a great athlete.  The days fly by as we are on cloud nine and have so much in common, though we of course

have our own hobbies as well.  I enjoy racing up mountains in my bare feet and she is a licensed sky diver who often leads teams of local women on expeditions to the Himalayas.  We are so in love and do not ever go more than a few minutes without telling each other how wonderful we are.  This truly is amazing thailand !  Did i mention how beautiful and smart my lady is ?  I am sure it is because I also am handsome and so wise.   Wait a second.   What was the question asked by the OP ?  oh, never mind.......

That is a lot of BS to swallow!

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Pictures like that are for men who like little girls , but want to stay out of trouble with the police 

Pictures like that are for anybody who likes beautiful girls.

And pictures are harmless. It depends on the mind of the person who looks at these pictures.

It seems in your mind it's about old guys wanting to have sex with young girls. But that's your mind...

Maybe this is more according to your taste. Enjoy!

blonde_world_by_elianeck-d96l35g.jpg.848ecc0e2085fe12250243fc25a26ea1.jpg

Lots of interesting posts regarding the age difference. I will celebrate my 75th birthday in a couple of days with my long term partner who is 32 years younger than me. She is a sweetheart and neither of us want or intend to get married. Why ruin a perfectly great relationship. We never argue - honest and share a wide range of interests. So, in my case a 32 year age difference is completely irrelevant but I know each situation can be different. BTW, not a bar girl but even if she had been, it wouldn't change a thing. She is an amazing woman. I could go on but just wanted to briefly report on my relationship.

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And pictures are harmless. It depends on the mind of the person who looks at these pictures.

It seems in your mind it's about old guys wanting to have sex with young girls. But that's your mind...

Amassing. No tattoos, lovely .

14 minutes ago, Headgame said:

Lots of interesting posts regarding the age difference. I will celebrate my 75th birthday in a couple of days with my long term partner who is 32 years younger than me. She is a sweetheart and neither of us want or intend to get married. Why ruin a perfectly great relationship. We never argue - honest and share a wide range of interests. So, in my case a 32 year age difference is completely irrelevant but I know each situation can be different. BTW, not a bar girl but even if she had been, it wouldn't change a thing. She is an amazing woman. I could go on but just wanted to briefly report on my relationship.

Clint.......you need to update your photo 

11 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Did the poster mention anything about swallowing  ?

anyone who swallowed that BS does not quite understand  tongue in cheek  !   Can one swallow with tongue in cheek ?

30 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You were talking about sex with 16 year olds and then posted a image of the girl who looks about 9 years old who could be laying down and being had sex with .

You did also state that you couldnt get into trouble, because its not a real photo

"Why so many other marriages of unequal age unfortunately crash and burn", I cannot answer – might be numerous individual reasons – but your first question I can comment "briefly" on.

Age difference 32-years – however, not married, I've never been married, but together for 15 years and counting – both generally very happy.

"Exact reasons" in my, or rather our, case is kind of practical solution for both parts, so a win-win situation. As self-employed I never got time to establish a family in my home country, and needed to partner up with someone young enough for that – one of the reasons for "much younger" – however, well knowing that a relationship with a relative high age-difference would be based on mainly me as the provider.

I was fully aware of the relationship would be founded on financial terms of some level – i.e. you cannot buy love, but you can buy something the feels and looks like it, and as long as it works well, or the performance is good enough for an "Academy award", I'm Okay – my lovely girlfriend says it started as 30/70, i.e. love/money, and is now 70/30, so actually it seem to work better than "well"; and I also got an heir...[emoji846]

I think money can trigger some chemical or electrical activity in the female brain which induces real love. To proof my point, just check what happens if a woman in love is deprived from money...

1 minute ago, luk AJ said:

I think money can trigger some chemical or electrical activity in the female brain which induces real love. To proof my point, just check what happens if a woman in love is deprived from money...

Can you provide us with a sample of women in love so that we can monitor  their reactions when deprived of money ?

my marriage is doing great, my wife is very happy and her only worry is I will die before her(I worry about that too). We have so much in common it isnt funny, we often laugh about it when we are laying in bed talking. My wife tells me I have to stay healthy so we can do a lot of travelling together when she retires, she manages a companies local office and has 10 years to go till she is 60. I am in my mid sixties now and while I was a bit worried about the age difference when we met she was happy with it, said men her age are too young. Guess it boils down to how you feel about each other and what you have in common, we do everything together and enjoy our life style, we do have our differences of opinion but it doesnt change what we have, for me I have never been happier and my wife says the same thing, we love each other very much, it just gets stronger the more years we are together

pretty simple I think. comes down to grandpas approach and beliefs.

"now reasonably happy and content (both of you), the exact reasons why you seem to have made it.."

-Guy actually believes:

(or rather knows)

That he hasnt got much to offer, other than money.

and so he plays along accordingly.

"why so many other marriages of unequal age unfortunately crash and burn.

-Guy actually believes:

She loves him for his wit, charm and good looks and, of course she wants to keep that great job that pays 10k per month, so she can pay her own way in life. 

that would do it!

Thai wives are not like typical Westerner wives, starts that most are Buddhist or grow on a Buddhist family. It's cannot be analyzed by Western standards at all if you do not understand its culture. Most Thai married women, even looking younger and beautiful, ends its sexual life after getting into menopause, and they believe that is fine for their older husbands to have younger lovers. But... when they are single.. and like sex, Thai women are like rabbits in heat time.

Also, they pay for sex if necessary, like men.

TITS!

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You were talking about sex with 16 year olds and then posted a image of the girl who looks about 9 years old who could be laying down and being had sex with .

You did also state that you couldnt get into trouble, because its not a real photo

Ok, to set this straight: I thought the girl in the picture looks like maybe 16 with glossy lipstick and all that. I would not have posted that picture if I would think she looks younger than 16. But she is virtual reality so she has no age and we can't verify how old she is supposed to be.

I am not interested in relationships with kids. And I think pedophiles who touch kids should go to jail.

16 year old girls are in many cases sexually active. That is the case in Thailand and all around the world. I have no statistics but I think we can agree that many of them have sex - most of the time with other teenagers.

The age of consent all over the world is different but around 16 is the age in many countries.

Anybody who is long enough in Thailand knows that lots of entertainment places don't care too much about the law. Some establishments, especially those which are run by "influential people" have often employees who are younger than the legal age. One crazy place in Soi 23 is well known for that - and officially that place is a restaurant...

Now the question is how should good guys react to i.e. a 17 year old girl in a bar. Should we call the police? Should we tell the parents? Is it ok to buy them a drink? Is it ok to take them out? Or should the good guys ignore these girls? Because in that case the bad guys will be happy to take over and the girls do what has to be done to send her mother the money which she demands.

7 hours ago, connda said:

For the guys who have November/January relationships with women decades younger than themselves - hey guy, whatever trips your triggers.  If there is happiness in marrying someone young enough to be your daughter - or granddaughter - more power to ya.  The only thing that disturbs me is watching some guy in there late 60 or well into there 70s fathering children.  Selfish in my humble opinion because they will probably not be there for the child as they reach an age where they really need a father.

Myself?  I prefer gals closer to my own age.  I'd rather raise grand-children with my wife.  

The man can now on average expect to live until 80. Many of course live much longer. I personally know of healthy foreign men here in Thailand, 80yrs + who have children in primary school. I have also known of foreign men, again here in Thailand, who soon leave their wives a widow through illness or accident.

And then again a large % of marriages between couple of the same age, unfortunately end in divorce. Where the father simple disappears from their children’s life, same as if they were dead.

Ask yourselves, if you were a child of 10, would you find it easier to accept 

your father dying of natural causes, or knowing that your father has abandoned you.

3 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

The man can now on average expect to live until 80. Many of course live much longer. I personally know of healthy foreign men here in Thailand, 80yrs + who have children in primary school. I have also known of foreign men, again here in Thailand, who soon leave their wives a widow through illness or accident.

And then again a large % of marriages between couple of the same age, unfortunately end in divorce. Where the father simple disappears from their children’s life, same as if they were dead.

Ask yourselves, if you were a child of 10, would you find it easier to accept 

your father dying of natural causes, or knowing that your father has abandoned you.

My mother sold me to two people she didn't know.  I'd have rather had an old dad. 

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems the best girls are the once which are a few weeks in a bar.

They learned the basics and at least some of them know they don't want more of the same.

They are happy to trade 30 old guys a month against only one old guy who is nice to them - at least most of the time.

And let's not forget the alternative: They could obviously also marry Somchai in their village who drinks and treats her as his personal property.

How many dark up-country girls really have the option to marry a decent guy (any nationality) who is their age and treats them like an equal partner? Very few!

And there’s me thinking that All those ex bar girls who married a farang, had only worked in a bar for a couple of days at the most.

You can say, age is just some figures, yes they are 

I am 30 years older than my wife, she is now mid 40, and we have known each other during the past 21 years, and we have been legally married for the past 12 years. We have both never been happier. We have a deep respect for each other, and we are best friends too, and we have a very good sex life together????,  Now we live a quiet life in Scandinavia after my years in Thailand. My wife has a very good job, and I have very good health and I am now on a retirement pension. My wife has a higher education (12+) from a very respected girls school in Esan, and I should add she did not marry for money, but we sincerely love each other, it's all about respect for the individual person. 

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not in Thailand, it's only 71.

The real question is not the average age.

The question is what is the life expectancy of a guy who is i.e. already 50.

And that is in Thailand 78. And i.e. for Australia 83!

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/your-life-expectancy-by-age-male

Because that statistic does not include all those people who died young already.

24 minutes ago, Suitcase said:

Having never been married nor lived with a Thai girl, I’m  curious, what do you married and live together couples do the other 23 1/2 hours out of a day?

Working, sleeping, eating, and of course spending time with all those other beautiful girls of this country. ???? 

BadaBing.jpg.3336437786d8a09c0d60329f74485280.jpg

Archived