Happiness When Marrying a Much Younger Woman

CanadaSam

My wife is 30 years younger than me. We met about 9 years ago and had a kid 4 years ago. I had never been married before and was delighted to be a dad, even if it was rather late in life. Having a much younger wife was pretty much essential if we were to have a kid.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The science fiction writer Robert Heinlein had an interesting proposition for human relationships. Mate a 15 yo with a 45 yo, the 45 yo teaches the 15 yo about life and sexuality. 30 yo of both sexes engage in reproduction. Then reverse so that the 30 yo turning 45 starts teaching another 15 yo.

Quote from him: " Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

and “Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Many are working in bars to meet foreign men who may give them a better life

With money

with their kids that many Thai men have abandoned. A lot use drugs

Want money for drug.

and many are in desperate condition financially 

So want money.

The Issan woman do for money. Not do because they like old drunk tourist man. Yuk. They want money. Everybody know about this.

When you young you want the sex with fat and old woman? I do not think.

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not an American, I don't want to be an American and I will never visit that strange country.

And it's legal in Thailand to have a relationship and sex with a 16 year old girl.

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/laws-in-thailand/thailand-criminal-law-text-translation#276

Section 283 bis Whoever, takes away the person over fifteen years but not yet over eighteen years of age for indecent act with consent of such person, shall be punished with imprisonment of not exceeding five years or fined not exceeding ten thousand Baht, or both.

2 minutes ago, XenZen said:

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/laws-in-thailand/thailand-criminal-law-text-translation#276

Section 283 bis Whoever, takes away the person over fifteen years but not yet over eighteen years of age for indecent act with consent of such person, shall be punished with imprisonment of not exceeding five years or fined not exceeding ten thousand Baht, or both.

I think you're misunderstanding the law.

You can have consensual sex with them on their family property, it's the 'taking away' that's illegal.

7 hours ago, Yinn said:

With money

Want money for drug.

So want money.

The Issan woman do for money. Not do because they like old drunk tourist man. Yuk. They want money. Everybody know about this.

When you young you want the sex with fat and old woman? I do not think.

Well millions of people actually like fat and more mature women I guess. And strangely enough many women sell themselves around the world, especially those in poverty, so why did you just target Issan ladies  as it is prevalent throughout all regions of Thailand ?

14 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Where/how did you meet this 16 year old. Was she still at school?

She just started to work in a bar because her older step-sister decided that what she should do.

She decided to stay with me far away from the sister and the bar.

And all that happened a long time ago because this thread is about couples which are together since a long time. We are still together.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

She just started to work in a bar because her older step-sister decided that what she should do.

She decided to stay with me far away from the sister and the bar.

And all that happened a long time ago because this thread is about couples which are together since a long time. We are still together.

Like a beer bar? With bar fines? 

How old did you say you were?

16 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Why is this so important for you?

This article is about relationships with high age difference.

If you live long enough in Thailand you should be aware of bars and what's going on here. I am not going to explain it to you.

40 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Just don't go there ........ let's all agree it was her first night in the bar.

I'm happy to admit I met my first bang (hippy from N. England) in a bar, first wife (Brit schoolteacher) in a bar, and my second wife (Thai farm girl) in a bar, and my current Thai gf in a bar.

If it wasn't for bars, I would probably still be a virgin.

1 minute ago, gassan said:

of course, marriage with young woman is more better than old ones. Young woman can give you a lot of positive emotions.

Agreed , plus I would think, although not knowing , going into a restaurant with a pig ugly fat slapper would emotionally  be more persuasive on  the waiting staff to give you a seat far away from the window or places where other potential customers could see you ????

My situation at a guess and thoughts go with OneMoreFarang.

In my situation is that we have been together 4 years. I am certainly not rich by any means.Only comfortable.

We married recently.

I am her first. She is not wear much make up, drink or smoke. Not a party person.

Excellent with money and a good worker.

She works in a Govt. job.

I could not find anyone better to look after me.

She has a mind of her own and a temper. Lol.

Sometimes the imaturity is annoying when it happens. But then I am not perfect either.

I was married before here in Thailand to a older Thai woman. She was lovely but died.

There is a huge age gap between my present wife. We have have been together for 4 years we know our strengths and weaknesses.

We both work hard at making it a success. Her and I have our ups and downs.

We are happy. Time will tell. Not that I have much left.

I cannot offer advice on the age gap.

It is up to the individual.

Anyone thing of going along the same track. 

Use your head and not your tool.

Just be happy and as long as no one else is being hurt it does not matter.

Goodluck.

On 5/26/2019 at 3:18 PM, Lacessit said:

The science fiction writer Robert Heinlein had an interesting proposition for human relationships. Mate a 15 yo with a 45 yo, the 45 yo teaches the 15 yo about life and sexuality. 30 yo of both sexes engage in reproduction. Then reverse so that the 30 yo turning 45 starts teaching another 15 yo.

Quote from him: " Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

and “Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Sounds a bit like me in my 3rd year of secondary education and the new, 30-something biology teacher.

That was a long, hot summer.

On 5/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, geoffbezoz said:

This seems to be a biased post.  There are also Female TV members so shouldn't the question be aimed at both sexes marrying much younger partners, not just requesting feedback from males ?

Secondly what is the definition of "much younger"  ? A person who is 28 marrying someone who is say 21 are marrying someone 3/4 of their age although there is only 7years different so that could be considered by some as much younger. Although at the other end of the scale some who is 80 marrying someone 60 has a 20 year age gap but still 3/4 of their age so please define the parameters that you are seeking feedback on.

You are a <deleted> ! How many older ladies come to Thailand to wed much younger men ? Take your LGBT garbage elsewhere 

On 5/27/2019 at 7:33 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Why is this so important for you?

This article is about relationships with high age difference.

If you live long enough in Thailand you should be aware of bars and what's going on here. I am not going to explain it to you.

Shhh... RobMuir sounds like a cop.

On 5/27/2019 at 1:51 PM, BritManToo said:

Just don't go there ........ let's all agree it was her first night in the bar.

I'm happy to admit I met my first bang (hippy from N. England) in a bar, first wife (Brit schoolteacher) in a bar, and my second wife (Thai farm girl) in a bar, and my current Thai gf in a bar.

If it wasn't for bars, I would probably still be a virgin.

BritManToo

You are a breath of fresh air on this TVF. Sometimes you are funny or spot on regarding sensitive subjects or both at the same time. ????????????????????????????????????????????????

This seems to be a biased post.  There are also Female TV members so shouldn't the question be aimed at both sexes marrying much younger partners, not just requesting feedback from males ?

Secondly what is the definition of "much younger"  ? A person who is 28 marrying someone who is say 21 are marrying someone 3/4 of their age although there is only 7years different so that could be considered by some as much younger. Although at the other end of the scale some who is 80 marrying someone 60 has a 20 year age gap but still 3/4 of their age so please define the parameters that you are seeking feedback on.

Seems to me that the OP has purview over the parameters of the discussion. Regarding which he admittedly provided few for us to consider.

Political correctness is misplaced  here. Perhaps he doesn't care for the perspective of female members  as it is arguably irrelevant to his purpose. That's not a social slight, but merely focus on his particular issue.

The obverse would be an interesting thread though.

Your primary points are well taken however. Age difference is relative to actual age; percentages can be misleading.

My Thai GF of three years is 23 years younger than I but I would rather be in my early 60's than pushing 70 for a variety of reasons. That said, I think Thai women reach the 'age of reason' in their early 40's, just when Thai men find them irrelevant annoyances. Great. That just leaves more for us!

5 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

My Thai GF of three years is 23 years younger than I but I would rather be in my early 60's than pushing 70 for a variety of reasons. That said, I think Thai women reach the 'age of reason' in their early 40's, just when Thai men find them irrelevant annoyances. Great. That just leaves more for us!

Yes, you can have my share of the infertile and slightly saggy women.

There are also Female TV members so shouldn't the question be aimed at both sexes marrying much younger partners, not just requesting feedback from males ?

There are about 20 active allegedly female members on ThaiVISA, but 15 of them appear to be men pretending to be women (as far as I can tell the real women are, Dick, Nancy, Sheryl, Amycat, but Amy has stopped posting since returning to the USA).

..... and 150,000 male members.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, you can have my share of the infertile and slightly saggy women.

Thanks for the offer but I'm happy with the one I have.

Infertility has its advantages my friend.

The ones who are not fat don't sag but have nice curves instead of boney sticks for hips.

One man's meat.......

For the guys who have November/January relationships with women decades younger than themselves - hey guy, whatever trips your triggers.  If there is happiness in marrying someone young enough to be your daughter - or granddaughter - more power to ya.  The only thing that disturbs me is watching some guy in there late 60 or well into there 70s fathering children.  Selfish in my humble opinion because they will probably not be there for the child as they reach an age where they really need a father.

Myself?  I prefer gals closer to my own age.  I'd rather raise grand-children with my wife.  

All I know is I'm sure those younger girls who marry much older farangs did it all for love. 

"Hello beautiful, now what attracted you to that comparatively rich Mr.X apart from his great looks and natural elderly charm"?

Just now, ross163103 said:

Had a friend who's wife was 30 years his junior; she was mature for her age and their relationship was very solid. He told me one time, "She's with me for money, I'm with her for sex". Very straightforward guy and no BS.

THIS is all you need to know. But illusion can be fun, who cares? enjoy life.

Archived