Attaching-Detaching Fee, & per km Fee, for hauling SUV in Thailand ?

Dear Fellow Thaivisa.com Posters,

I would be grateful for ur authoritative answers to the questions 1_, 2_, & 3_, below, at your earliest kind convenience :

Re ;

Hauling of SUV in Thailand

x_

2 Wheels [ Front ] "Up"

y_

4 Wheels "Up" [ resting on bed of transport vehicle, or trailer ]

How much is :

1_

typical "Attaching" Fee ?

2_

typical "Detaching" Fee ?

3_

typical "per km" Fee ?

Thanking yee all in advance,

Our Man in the Tropics

44 minutes ago, Our Man in the Tropics said:

I would be grateful for ur authoritative answers

In my experience I can contact my vehicle insurers and they arrange for collection of a breakdown vehicle.

If you telephone the makers of your SUV they usually will give you a phone number of someone who can recover the vehicle.

That's what my Bro in-law did with his Isuzu truck.

Don't know about cost though. 

I've had 2 long tows here in an A/T 4x4......

Hose blew about 2/3 the way toward BKK from CM about 5-6 years ago....I'd had it serviced & checked the day before but it went undetected....Couldn't get any kind of a straight answer from the local "mechanic" who arbitrarily wanted to replace the engine @ 40,000+....I asked THP to arrange a tow back to CM/Doi Lor by flat bed....The cost was 14,000B with no mile or hook up fee mentioned + 2000 tip to the driver, who also dropped us home....Popped a head gasket....

2nd time = same car popped a freeze plug when we went to see the sunflowers way back in the hills....It was back by the firewall with no room for access = couldn't fix locally ....The local village headman arranged a flat bed tow back to the CM/Doi Lor shop....That was also a flat fee = 8,000B.....Think I gave the driver 1,000B....

We no longer have to worry about that car, (nightmare & a daymare), or use that shop....

I wouldn't go asking about hook up & mileage fees or you'll probably give them an excuse to jack up the price.....

What you are driving/towing will determine the wheels up/down/flat bed tow possibilities....

Archived