UK ever more polarised as Brexit Party storms to EU vote win

webfact

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I would have accepted a result as would other leavers....its shameful, disgusting the way remoaners have acted and does amount to nothing more than outright fascism.

I don't think it's fascism, merely a petulant and whiny refusal to accept that the last 5 national votes have all indicated a preference for a Brexit procedure.

2014: UKIP wins EU elections

2015: General Election: Tory majority on a pledge to hold a referendum

2016: 17.4 million Brits vote Leave (and then Parliament votes 461 to 89 to trigger Article 50)

2017: General Election: 80% of votes go to parties promising Brexit

2019: Brexit Party wins EU elections by a mile

11 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I don't expect Farage to call for another vote. But when he acts morally outraged about others doing so, what is that but hypocrisy?

Can you post a link about Ferage being outraged about Remain calling for another vote ?

51 minutes ago, Nanglon said:

Balderdash!! He has tried to overturn the original vote ever since he has been an MEP, and pushed for a referendum in 2016! He did not accept the original vote.

Millions who voted to join the trading block in 1975,called the EEC have come to realise they were lied to and basically conned by the establishment. And have now decided to right a wrong, unfortunately some people are still gullible enough to accept the lies of the europhiles.

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Can you post a link about Ferage being outraged about Remain calling for another vote ?

Nigel Farage 'wouldn't campaign or vote' in second Brexit referendum

"Honestly, if we are offered Brexit in name only, or Remain, why on Earth would I vote? I would go on holiday. It would be an outrage."

https://news.sky.com/story/nigel-farage-wouldnt-campaign-or-vote-in-second-brexit-referendum-11648823

‘THEY THINK YOU’RE MORONS!’ Nigel Farage CONDEMNS Remainers for SABOTAGING Brexit

Mr Farage gave a furious speech as part of a Brexit Party rally in Durham that saw him blast Conservative and Labour Party MPs that attempts to force Prime Minister Theresa May’s hand to grant a second referendum despite 52 percent of the UK voting to leave. He said: “Those MPs don’t want to leave, those MPs want to remain, those MPs want to force you into voting for a second referendum and worst of all, those MPs look own upon you, they think you’re morons, they tell you you didn’t know what you voted for an can I say on your behalf and on behalf of leavers across all of the United Kingdom the hell with you. “We knhttps://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1125958/brexit-news-nigel-farage-brexit-party-rally-durham-second-referendum-theresa-may-dealew what we were voting for.”

32 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Hello! Its that miserable old git Pat Condell, role model for Hard Brexiteer angry geezers everywhere.

Hit-and-run trolling is to be expected from your direction but isn't it time you switched to content rather than poster?

Divide and rule

“The EU Referendum was highly divisive, highlighting a wide range of social, geographical and other differences in Great Britain. This was less a traditional left-right battle, and more about identity and values (liberalism vs authoritarianism). It is a strong sign that the so-called ‘culture wars’ of the US have arrived in Great Britain in earnest.”

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

"Honestly, if we are offered Brexit in name only, or Remain, why on Earth would I vote? I would go on holiday. It would be an outrage."

https://news.sky.com/story/nigel-farage-wouldnt-campaign-or-vote-in-second-brexit-referendum-11648823

No, that has nothing to do with what we are talking about .

He was referring to whether there would be another referendum where the only two options would be Mays deal and Remain .

You claimed that Ferage would be "outraged" if Remain called for another referendum vote because the vote was close .

That was incorrect .

Ferage would be outraged if there was another referendum and "Leave completely" wasnt an option to vore for 

20 hours ago, SheungWan said:

That's about all expat Hard Brexiteers will have to bet, given the ~20% devaluation of the Pound since Brexit.

19 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Is money your main concern in life??
Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Much better being a Hard Brexiteer on the side of trashing savings under the banner of ideological gibberish.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

No, that has nothing to do with what we are talking about .

He was referring to whether there would be another referendum where the only two options would be Mays deal and Remain .

You claimed that Ferage would be "outraged" if Remain called for another referendum vote because the vote was close .

That was incorrect .

Ferage would be outraged if there was another referendum and "Leave completely" wasnt an option to vore for 

That's why I added my second quote. It was more apt.

35 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I don't expect Farage to call for another vote. But when he acts morally outraged about others doing so, what is that but hypocrisy?

OK, so Ferage wasnt "morally outraged" about Remainers calling for another referendum because the last result was he close , he thought that it would be outrageous if there was another referendum that didnt include "leave (completely)

So, there no "contradiction" , "Hypocrisy" Principle" and the various pother labels that you placed upon him involved here 

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

When will you finally grasp the concept of Content rather than Poster while engaging in hit-and-run troll-a-thons?

...says the Hard Brexiteers who spend all of their time calling opponents traitors and Enemies of The People. Also gets away from the pertinent point that so many Uber Brexiteers express themselves in a likewise manner to the obnoxious old git style of our very good friend Pat Condell.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

OK, so Ferage wasnt "morally outraged" about Remainers calling for another referendum because the last result was he close , he thought that it would be outrageous if there was another referendum that didnt include "leave (completely)

So, there no "contradiction" , "Hypocrisy" Principle" and the various pother labels that you placed upon him involved here 

As I noted above, that's why I included the 2nd quote. As evidence of Farage's outrage.

13 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

...says the Hard Brexiteers who spend all of their time calling opponents traitors and Enemies of The People. Also gets away from the pertinent point that so many Uber Brexiteers express themselves in a likewise manner to the obnoxious old git style of our very good friend Pat Condell.

He's a humorous satirist. If that gets up your nose it's fair game under online RoE (rules of engagement) but in the main I hope all sides will laugh at whatever absurdity he has chosen to expose.

Feel free to join in...

9 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

...that's wearing a bit thin too, a bit like fatty in his UJ rig. Can't you think of anything original?

On 5/27/2019 at 6:24 AM, webfact said:

But it will also increase pressure on Labour's Corbyn to come out explicitly for a second referendum on EU membership.

????

As Alistair Campbell say's he is trying to win a two horse race by riding both horses,

...one may say that came from the horses moth.

39 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

????

Let's see him keep his word...

26 minutes ago, evadgib said:

He's a humorous satirist. If that gets up your nose it's fair game under online RoE (rules of engagement) but in the main I hope all sides will laugh at whatever absurdity he has chosen to expose.

Feel free to join in...

Pat Condell a humourous satirist? Well maybe on Planet Brexiteer. My Aunt Fannie.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

And there are going to be Brexiteers also concerned about climate change and they would prefer a Green Euro MP , 

If they felt so strongly about it they would of voted Lib Dems. The fact is that their bigger beef was getting out of Europe.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Well, if the result would have been a remain vote , would you be calling for another referendum ?

Would any Remainer be calling for another vote ?

Do you really expect Ferage or any Leaver to call for another vote , just because it was close?

In a word No.....I don't know if Farage would of tried but I think the brexiteers would of accepted the result in good grace unlike the remainers

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Whether they have delivered or not is not the point. MPs from both labour and the conservatives overwhelmingly voted to leave back in 2016. Granted there is in fighting in both parties but May has been consistant with her leave means leave slogan. In my book that makes the tories a leave party and that has been their position Over the past three years. That may change with a new leader

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looking at the comments here many disagree with you. Or I should say disagreed, since it now suits the brexit narrative to call the Tories a leave party.

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The Tories are split between Hard Brexit, Soft Brexit and Remain. However, the Hard Brexiteers are dishonest enough to pretend that the centre doesn't exist. Amusing to see the forum Hard Brexiteers falling into line.

We'll agree to disagree on that one.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

You can disagree all you want, doesn't change the facts.

As Sheungwan hasnt go back to me and as you agree with him, maybe you could explain who the hard brexiteers are who are pretending that the center doesnt exist ?

Who are the people that he was referring to ?

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As Sheungwan hasnt go back to me and as you agree with him, maybe you could explain who the hard brexiteers are who are pretending that the center doesnt exist ?

Who are the people that he was referring to ?

All the people that are aiming or hoping for a soft brexit are the center. The brexiteers on here are all saying 'soft brexit doesn't get us out, brexit means hard brexit'. So they are the ones saying the center doesn't exist.

Archived